“wonderful place for dinner”

The Painted Lady Saloon
Ranked #5 of 42 Restaurants in Manistee
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: The Painted Lady is located in Manistee, MI it is the oldest operating saloon in town. The bar and tin ceiling are original from when it was built back in the late 1880's. When Bob and Linda Venne bought the building in 1994 they turned it into The Painted Lady Saloon which is now well known for their broasted chicken and award winning home-made soup. They offer breakfast, lunch and dinner plus a full bar from open to close. With a wide variety of food to choose from it's the perfect stop for a good meal and a little bit of history.
Reviewed December 12, 2013

This place is so awesome. it has the old style look with a updated menu for everyone and the prices are also great,Everyone should stop in for a ICE cold beer and a very good meal

There are newer reviews for The Painted Lady Saloon

Reviewed October 23, 2013

It's always a difficult choice between their homemade soups or the broasted Chicken or Pork Chops. This time we chose the Broasted Chicken. Heaven! The meal includes 4 pieces of juicy, non-greasy, lightly breaded, non-salty broasted chicken (1/2 chicken), choice of potatoe, choice of coleslaw, applesauce, or cottage cheese & a homemade bisquit. Definitely worth the price. The staff are always friendly, as well as the patrons. We love this place!

Reviewed September 18, 2013

Best Broasted chicken we've had anywhere and we try it wherever we find it. Prices are reasonable and a really cool atmosphere. Locals are always friendly and staff are always on their game. I've yet to have drinks their in the evening but I can only imagine how fun it would be. We've been to the Painted Lady about a dozen times over the years when we visit Manistee and will continue to do so.

Reviewed August 25, 2013

We picked The Painted Lady Saloon as our lunch spot. Our Internet research included “The outside doesn’t look like much but don’t be afraid to go in.” They were right - it ain’t much to look at. But the inside was fine. And it is located a little "out of the way".

The menu stated that they were the longest operating saloon in town - but I forgot to ask just how long that was. I wasn’t sure why it came to be known as the painted lady. The only lady working there was our waitress. She wasn’t wearing an inordinate amount of makeup. (I did notice though that she was well-endowed, but I digress.)

The food was typical pub grub and not bad. Joan liked her chicken strips and fries and I enjoyed my BLT and bowl of chili. Good but not “write home” good (then why am I writing about it?)

Twenty-five bucks, including tax and tip for the experience. We'd probably stop here again.

1  Thank joan&mike
Reviewed August 20, 2013 via mobile

The food is always surprisingly delicious. The portions are generous. The service is super friendly... I truly believe they love their jobs! I tried the chicken quesadilla and it was phenomenal! Quite a surprisingly awesome little place tucked WAY back in a residential area. Charming and great. I can see myself becoming a regular.

2  Thank Matt N