“Great Pasta!”

The Boathouse Grill
Ranked #13 of 42 Restaurants in Manistee
Cuisines: American, Bar, Seafood, Pub
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Scenic view
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
leroy
“Great Pasta!”
Reviewed November 4, 2012

Clean, friendly waitstaff. Excellent pasta dishes for reasonable price. Located overlooking the waterfront.

Visited September 2012

Haddonfield, New Jersey
“Great view, pleasant place, unpretentious”
Reviewed October 10, 2012

Does pretty well for an economically depressed area, with few patrons on a weekend evening. Food was good - the bruschetta appetizer had a very good cheese. The salad I ordered was marginal - included a little piece of plastic from the wrapping that I suspect it came in. Washed down with a good beer from Grand Rapids. We asked at a nearby inn for the best restaurant in town and they pointed us to the Boathouse - probably accurate. Waitress was quite nice. View was gorgeous (see photo). Not a bad choice for eating in town.

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank JennyWoof
Custer
“Tasty Soup”
Reviewed September 24, 2012

Keep going back for their soup, always good and never the same choices, varied menu makes for an interesting meal. Love their MiniMo's, tasty too.

Visited September 2012
Grand Rapids, Michigan, United States
“Proved me wrong!”
Reviewed September 10, 2012

I had read a few bad reviews on the internet before our trip to Manistee. So we ducked out of our reservations on a busy Saturday and ordered pizza from Big Al's. The next day, we grabbed lunch at the Boathouse. I had a classic cheeseburger, which was cooked perfectly, and my girlfriend had a hanger steak and cheese sandwich. The steak was flavorful and tender, fries came with my burger, and I left completely satisfied. Overall, the choice of eating establishments in Manistee is not so hot. The Boathouse should get it's respect.

• Visited September 2012
Muncie, Indiana
“Nice Deck Overlooking the Riverwalk”
Reviewed September 5, 2012

I dont normally give a review of a restaurant where I did not actually dine. However, in this case our party of 3 took a stroll from one end of the Riverwalk and then back. As we ended our walk, we noticed alot of people seated outside at the Boathouse and decided to have a beer on their deck outside. Several patrons made comments about how good the food was and numerous diners ordered some type of Nacho's that looked really good. As we prepared to leave, I obtained a take out menu and looked the place over. It was very clean inside & had an atmosphere that seemed much richer than the prices on the menu... and appeared to have more of a fine dining look than a casual atmosphere (though folks were dressed casually.)
We have already decided to give the Boathouse a try on our next visit to Manistee based on the atmosphere, menu, and prices.

One HUGE complaint: From the front of the building it is difficult to locate the Boathouse because there is not a visible sign on its exterior...which is a a mangement issue. We had tried to locate the place on two prior trips but did not see a sign.

As always, be safe in your travels....and enjoy!!!
J.