“Nice Dinner where options are limited” 4 of 5 bubbles

The Boathouse Grill
Ranked #13 of 41 Restaurants in Manistee
Cuisines: American, Bar, Seafood, Pub
Good for: Families with children, Scenic view, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Indiana
“Nice Dinner where options are limited”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2012

We used Trip Advisor, combined with our hotel's recommendation to walk to this place. It's right on the river, with both outside patio and indoor seating. We opted to stay inside to avoid the heat. Service was very good and very friendly. Menu wasn't real great, but I have to say the food I had was good. Started with BBQ Pork Nachos and they were great. Had the marinated hangar steak and that was very good...grilled potato wedges were underwhelming, but salt and ketchup helped. Was it spectacular dining? No. But our waitress was very friendly, attentive and competent. The food was solid. All told this was a place where we would return if we were in Manistee again.

• Visited July 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank skibum123

DuBois, Pennsylvania
“A disappointment~”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2012

Working in Manistee for the last couple days has given me a challenge in finding decent restaurants.
The Boathouse Grill was recommended by the hotel. I went down for dinner and thought I would try the Grilled Grouper with Pineapple Salsa.
The salad with Cherry Vinegrette was quite good, however, when my meal came, the sauteed squash was cold and the server told me she hoped it was ok, but they were out of the Pineapple Salsa. I had a plain piece of Grouper with cold sauteed squash. It didn't make for a very appealing meal.
When I left the restaurant, the screen door (which was ripped from top to bottom, was open. When I saw the kitchen I almost got sick. It was filthy and very cluttered back there. I saw a cook going into the door to the kitchen, (he had just finished a cigarette) and went right to work.
NO...HE DID NOT WASH HIS HANDS!
Enough said....I would not recommend this restaurant.

• Visited July 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank pam15801
Grand Blanc, Michigan
“Not Bad, But Not Great”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2012

A nice view of the river and very quiet. My wife and I went for breakfast, she sent her meal back, but mine was not bad. They did say this was their first year for breakfast so they are working out the kinks. I would give them a 2nd chance.

Visited July 2012
“Great downtown location, overlooking river, good food - worth your dining visit in lovely Manistee!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2012 via mobile

Among limited dining choices in the area this is a good find. While the service was somewhat loose and the decor & restrooms were in need of improvement, the food was wonderful. The menu offers a range of items all at reasonable prices. The dinner time was busy but kept moving with choice of in or outdoor seating.

Boston, Massachusetts
“Good food better bar”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2012

Ate here a couple of times during our week long visit to Manistee. The pulled pork nachos rock and the bar is fun. There is outdoor seating in the back which abuts the river walk. The staff are friendly and hungry for business in this rather depressed northern Michigan city. Our group of 17 comprised a good chunk of their business...

• Visited June 2012