“Leisurely get away”

Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Manistee
Ranked #2 of 10 Hotels in Manistee
Reviewed September 30, 2012

THe staff was very helpful when we had a problem with an odor in our first room. They promptly assigned us to a different and might I add, nicer room. We really appreciated the concern they had for our problem.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham

Reviewed September 9, 2012

We travel quite frequently and are basically looking for a clean and comfortable place to lay our heads and it met those requirements. This hotel offerred extras such as a nice breakfast along with free wifi which was a bonus. This was our first night and compared to the cost of the other hotels for the remainder of the week, this was a bargain. I know there is a tourist season for the area, but the cost of lodging is unreal for that area! We only stayed one night and then we were off to the dunes the next day, so we were there very long.

Room Tip: Call the hotel directly to make reservations--you get a better deal. Don't take the first offer...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 5, 2012

I travel frequently for work (every week) and stay in many hotels. And for the price I expected more. I was warned that the rooms at the Microtel were very small so I rented a suite in order to be comfortable. Well the rooms were very clean but the furnishings were very simple and dated with an older TV mounted on top of the wardrobe where it was difficult to see and not adjustable. Also despite the no smoking signs the room smelled like old smoke. The best way I can describe the room was to compare it to the inside cabin I had on some of the older cruise ships. Considering that it is not in a large city or other congested area the room could have been larger. The breakfast was truly continental and didn't compare the Holiday Inn Express and Hampton Inns I had been staying in for around the same cost in larger towns. It is convenient to both the town and the Casino and the property is clean and safe just seems like it should be better for the price.

Room Tip: MAke sure if you need room to get a suite. I didn't see a regular room but I can imagine they a...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Cajunwanderer
Reviewed August 20, 2012

Went for a show at Little River, right on the main drag, clean, comfortable. We did not expect a fancy or lavish place --just clean and convenient. It was!. Check in was prompt and easy, as was check out. Did not notice any road noise or distractions. Would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 29, 2012

Mainstee is a cute little town but, my husband and I stayed here two nights to visit Sleeping Bear Dunes which is about 40 minutes away. We ate a cute little diary queen that had the best icecream I have ever tasted from any DQ. This hotel was very clean and comfortable. I would stay here again because the price was right and staff was nice. I couldn't ask for anything more in a hotel.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank torit83
Reviewed July 15, 2012

A friend and I stayed at this hotel during a trip to northern Michigan while doing a tour up the west coast of Michigan. This hotel is just outside the north end of Manistee, about 3-4 miles south of the Little River Casino. The hotel room was very clean upon our arrival with modestly dated furnishings (including an older tube-TV). The beds were very comfortable and rooms were very quiet.

The breakfast area offered a lot of options for what I assumed was going to be a limited continental breakfast. I would recommend taking your food/drink back to your hotel room as there is maybe 1-2 tables in the breakfast room proper.

If you are visiting the casino or the town of Manistee for business or pleasure, this hotel is highly recommended for being clean while paying a reasonable price.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank arw84
Reviewed July 11, 2012

Great motel. Rooms are very nice and clean. Fair price and nice service. I would stay here again without hesitation.

• Stayed: July 2012
2  Thank Frankbrett
Also consider these accommodations in or near Manistee
Days Inn Manistee
Super 8 Manistee
#1 of 10 in Manistee
1 mi away
Little Riverside Motel & Marina

Been to Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Manistee? Share your experiences!