“Try the best damn cheese sauce”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Heron on the River

Heron on the River
Ranked #27 of 41 Restaurants in Manistee
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Dinner, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: 866-466-7338 Located in Little River Casino.
Ada, Michigan
“Try the best damn cheese sauce”
Reviewed February 3, 2014

Seriously try all of the appetizers especially the best damn cheese sauce. It was amazing! The mini prime rib breads were an awesome treat as well. Prices were reasonable and service was great. You won't be disappointed.

Visited February 2014

Ludington, Michigan
“nasty long black fried hair”
Reviewed November 9, 2013

Ordered onion rings and the first onion ring I picked up had two black hairs deep fried right into it. Just totally disgusting and guarantee by the way it pulled out from the inside of the onion ring it came from the kitchen staff. I left the other hair embedded in the onion ring to prove it wasn't anyone's hair but the kitchen staff. This is suppose to be an upscale restaurant , have you heard of hair nets. I POINTED THESE LONG BLACK HAIRS NOT JUST ONE BUT TWO to our waitress and she took them away. WOW THEY TOOK THE ONION RINGS OFF MY BILL BUT IT WAS CLEARLY THERE HAIR . I paid for the rest of the meal and never will be back . The hair I pulled out was 6-8 inches long and my hair is cut with clippers and no longer than an inch long.I don't ever expect a free meal but cmon man the evidence was there by leaving the other hair embedded inside the onion ring . 11/9/2013 just hope it wasn't a pubic hair

• Visited November 2013
Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
“pretty good not great”
Reviewed November 3, 2013

ordered the cordon bleu chicken sandwich with fries.....fries were limp..
not crispy...sandwich was good,,,but not worth$10.

Daughter ordered the ceasar salad .....not chopped like a normal salad...2 huge stalks yes stalks of romaine with some dressing drizzled over the top...dressing was terrible....2 tiny cherry tomatoes cut in half......weird type of salad......she also ordered the coconut shrimp appetizer......did not taste like coconut shrimp...tasted like frozen...dipping sauce extremely spicy.......food just not as good as a casino usually serves......

• Visited November 2013
East Lansing, Michigan
“Try the braised short ribs!”
Reviewed October 12, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I were both going to order the braised shortribs. Unfortunately, the restaurant only had one order left. I ordered and it was delicious! The meat was extremely flavorful and melted in my mouth. No knife required! The fingerling potatoes and onion straw were a nice accompaniment. My husband's steak was also very good. It was odd that we couldn't charge the meal to the room. The waitress, a Ms Iris, was a real personality. She was fun to talk with, knowledgable about the food, and attentive.

• Visited October 2013
Clinton Township, Michigan
“Inconsistent”
Reviewed September 25, 2013

The setting is nice and we didn't smell smoke while we were dining, although it was a fairly early dinner so the casino wasn't too crowded yet. Our server was ok. The wine was not as cold as I'm used to. All in all it was a decent meal. However, the thing that stood out was a problem with my entree which was some sort of steak skewers, although I can't remember the exact name. There was 2 on the plate. The first one was tender, hot, and delicious. The 2nd one was overcooked, tough, and cold. It seemed as though it was taken from an old batch and re-heated (unsuccessfully) or something. It was a disappointing part of the meal for sure. I think if we were going to return to Little River, we may choose a different place to dine next time due to this inconsistent quality of the food.

• Visited September 2013