“Rollin' at the River - Stay Here - Great Value”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Manistee
Little River Casino Resort
Ranked #3 of 10 Hotels in Manistee
Reviewed May 12, 2010

First thing you have to compliment this place on is the value. If you have been to any of the major Indian casinos in West or South West Michigan (Soaring Eagle, Four Winds) you know you are going to spend at least $150 to spend the night on a Friday or Saturday night. Little River cost us only $79 for a Friday night stay - and that is when they had showroom entertainment going on that night! What a bargain! (Note - room cost is $99 but they knock $20 bucks off when you signed up (or showed) your players club card - we didn't have one so we signed up - not a big deal).

Our room was a little bit of a long haul to get there, beds were very comfey, bath and body works amenities in the bathroom (girlfriend liked that), and had the ever important coffee maker. Tv was a big ole tube tv, could use an upgrade to flat screen. Other than that we were very satisfied with the room.

Showroom, like all the other Indian casino entertainment venues, was screwed up. It consists of dining room chairs side by side (so you are shoulder to shoulder with your neighbor) with no elevation of the seating from front to rear (you are all on level ground making it difficult to see through all the heads). I don't know why these casinos continue to make entertainment theaters with this crappy style of seating. If you are going to a show my advice would be is to get the first row in the JACK section - it is towards the back (which really is not that far back) BUT the jack section is elevated so you can see over everyone's head. You also save some cash since it is the cheapest section (for me cost is not the overall issue, it is being able to see the show).

Casino was fun, but the gambling - I just don't know how people say it is a great place to gamble! We found it to be so-so, about the same as other Indian casinos, in other words don't plan on winning a lot here! Be conservative, have some fun, but do not bet the farm here, that is for sure!

Overall for the value you can't complain. Entertainment, gambling, restaurants all right there for $79 bucks! If you are seeing a show it is well worth it to stay here versus driving to a hotel in town. Good luck and have fun!

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank starchild101

Reviewed May 4, 2010

In April my husband and I visited the Little River Casino in Manistee. Once again, we were not disappointed. We had a fabulous time. This is by far my favorite casino in Michigan.

Although we did not win any large amounts of money on the slots, we won enough to play for quite a long time. There is a big variety of slot machines, so I had no trouble finding many to play.

We had a coupon to turn in for $5.00 and I began talking to the young lady behind the counter. She was very friendly. She took the time to visit with my husband and me. I told her about my experiences with Little River and we expressed how much we enjoy it there. I was shocked when the young lady gave both my husband and I a coupon for a free breakfast and a couple of drinks. This has never happened to me before in any casino. I asked her how she could do this and she told me she was the casino host. We thanked her (I think her name was Theresa), and went on our way to gamble until the wee hours of the morning.

I have been getting promotional money and rooms for several months from Little River, and have made it a point to stay at the hotel at least one time a month. We are not wealthy people, so it is quite a splurge for us. Although the room is free, we spend money on other things during our stay. One time we were surprised when we were upgraded to a suite. It was fabulous! We had two bathrooms, a fireplace, a mini bar, a king sized four poster bed, and many other luxuries. It was by far the nicest and most beautiful room we have ever stayed in during any of our vacations.

The next morning we went down to eat at the buffet with our free coupons. It was delicious! I did a review on Little River one other time and mentioned the fabulous buffet. It was excellent this time as well. I was thrilled to see that Thomas was making omelets that morning. I met him before and he made me an excellent omelet. This time it was just as great. He recognized me and we conversed for a few minutes. He once again made me the perfect omelet. We followed breakfast complimentary Bloody Marys from the free drink coupons. They were delicious! I especially loved the giant olives. The young man that made them for us was super friendly. We started talking and I found that his mother (Vicki) was a friend of mine from my hometown of Beaverton. I live a couple of hours away from Manistee, so this greatly surprised me! Talk about a small world!

Overall, I have to tell you that this casino if one friendly place! The staff takes the time to talk to you. Everyone is friendly. I have not encountered one person who has not been nice to me. The staff makes you feel like they care about you. You are greeted with a smile when you check in and are treated like royalty during your entire stay. I would recommend that you check out this casino the next time that you feel like you want to have some great fun and entertainment! You will not be disappointed.

I myself will be visiting this month since my birthday is in May. I am not sure why, but my promotions have been reduced to $10.00 a week and I will no longer receive a free room.. I was sad to see them go, but it was fun while it lasted. I am hoping that I will win big when I spin the birthday wheel. By the way, did I mention that I won $988.00 on a 25 cent bet a couple of months ago? Thanks so much Little River Casino!

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 23, 2010

Booked for 2 nights on a $59/$79 rate, including $15 slot credit and $20 food credit per night. WOW! Hoped to cross country ski, but it rained.

Good: Rate, room, attitude of staff, beauty of facilities.

Bad: Table minimums too high, especially when half empty. Key card didn't work, and the room was a LONG walk away. Had to walk a LONG way back to the front desk. Then, they couldn't find our reservation, had no record of us, and had no clue, even though I was just there and had a reservation number! After 12 minutes of confusion, they determined they originally gave us the wrong room number. All good after that.

Also bad: They closed the fine dining restaurant, The Heron, and converted the mid-range restaurant, The Willows, to exclusively buffet service (no more menu). They opened The Heron on the River, a restaurant in an open hallway, as an up-scale spot, but it doesn't come close to the old place in menu, service, or atmosphere, and has nowhere near the wine list. The flowing water and plants were pretty, though. (In the past, no matter where I ate; The Heron, The Willows, or The Rapids Deli, I always ordered a bottle of wine from The Heron to carry to where ever I ate. The Heron staff knew me and was gracious beyond the call of duty.) I REALLY miss The Heron, and their outstanding staff.

Our waitress at The Heron on the River was a sweetie, and working hard (on a leg in a soft cast!), but they were understaffed and very slow, and I went to the bar for my wine because I couldn't wait any longer. The food was very good both nights, and I will eat there next time I go.

We worked out in the small exercise room, which had only 1 treadmill, although there were a couple of exercycles. The pool and whirlpool were fine.

Oh, don't try to pay cash at checkout! That was an ordeal, as I was apparently the first one to do so, and they weren't prepared for it.

That may sound like a lot of complaints, but they just took a lot of detail to explain. The overall experience was very positive: Nice hotel, nice staff, good food, nice rate. I will return anytime they have these rates. Nicest casino staff in the state of Michigan.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled with friends
1  Thank Golfinggambler
Reviewed October 14, 2009

We travel up north app. 5 times a year and have stayed at the Little River the last 3 years. Beautiful hotel! Super clean, comfortable rooms. Even if we are spending most of our time in Traverse City we stay at LR. It is worth the travel time to know that we will have a wonderful place to stay. Great restaurants, very nice breakfast buffet, super pizza in the cafe. There is nothing here that we can find fault with.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 25, 2009

My wife and I booked a two night stay at the casino resort and were very impressed. We booked a king room, non-smoking and were put on the North wing, 2nd floor which is entirely a non-smoking room. The room was very spacious with a heat/cool unit that did not blow directly on you. The bed was very comfortable with enough pillows for each of us. The insulation between each room must be incredible as we never heard a tv, shower, voices or a toilet flush. The room was very clean with plenty of towels and a variety of toiletries, including mouthwash and hand conditioner. A huge window was facing the back of the property which was nice. We joined the casino's Players Club (free) and that gave us a 20% discount on the room, which ended up being $79.20 a night Best deal anyplace for the wonderful room we had. Breakfast was not included, but as part of the Players Club, since we were over 55 years old, we were part of the Club 55, which gave us a 50% discount at one of the casinos restaurant for breakfast. It was a buffet, and the two of us ate for $8.99. There was a good variety including a slicing table for ham. Choices included eggs, sausage, ham, biscuits, potatoes (2 kinds), biscuits, gravy, pancakes with fruit or syrup topping, cut fruit, pastries, and probably more items. There are 3 places to eat in the casino and a gift shop. We did not use the pool or whirlpool tub, but it is enclosed in a good looking setting with changing rooms and towels available. All in all, it was a very wonderful stay and we will always book there anytime we are in Manistee.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 16, 2009

Wish I had book this hotel rather than a motel in town. Casino was was fun & not too tight. Would definately gamble here again. Hotel looked very nice & is separate from the casino. Teenagers too young to go into the casino can access the food establishments without entering the casino. Had I known this, I would have booked this hotel & driven into town for shopping. Staying in town at the Riverside Motel & Marina was a big mistake.

Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed August 14, 2009

My husband and I (non-gamblers) stayed at Little River Resort for two nights (Aug. 11-12, 2009) We consulted Tripadvisor which indicated it was the #1 hotel in the area. We were very pleased with our accommodations. Our room was clean and tastefully decorated. It had some amenities that we considered important: WiFi (fast connection), coffee pot (coffee and tea provided), ironing board and iron, quality toiletries (Bath and Bodyworks),and comfortable mattress and pillows. The common areas were very clean and all the employees were friendly and helpful. The receptionist suggested we join the Player's Club which lowered our room rate $10 a night. It is free and only takes a minute or two to join. There is a coupon on the Little River website for $5 worth of slots play when you join--you need one coupon per person. Senior citizens also get $5 worth of slots play on Wednesdays. There is plenty of parking and many entrances/exits depending on where your hotel room is located. We did not have any issues with smoke odors other than in the casino. We really enjoyed our stay and found the location (intersection of US31 and M22) to be very convenient when visiting the nearby towns of Onekama, Bear Lake, Arcadia, etc. We would definitely stay there again.

Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Manistee
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Manistee
#4 of 11 in Manistee
Crystal Mountain
Crystal Mountain
#1 of 1 in Thompsonville

Been to Little River Casino Resort? Share your experiences!