“Best Hotel in the Area”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Manistee
Little River Casino Resort
Ranked #3 of 10 Hotels in Manistee
Manistee, Michigan, United States
“Best Hotel in the Area”
Reviewed December 4, 2013

Clean rooms, nicely appointed and a friendly staff! Room was on the courtyard, with a walk out patio. Beautiful view! Overall a very nice place to stay. Enjoyed live music in the Grove and played a little. Fun night!!

Room Tip: Request a courtyard room!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (106)
Traverse City, Michigan
Reviewed November 26, 2013

We always like visiting Little River Casino. Beautiful place, great employees, good food. They do a much better job than most casino's controlling the smoke. And we came home with more money than we arrived with! Highly recommend them.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank MICHbouhunter
Stanton, Michigan
Reviewed November 10, 2013 via mobile

Was a little worried about the hotel smelling of cigarette smoke, but the floor I was in was a non smoking floor. When I entered the room to my surprise the walls and ceilings where high and the space in the room was large. I didn't feel trapped like other hotels. It was very clean and my view was amazing. The pool area was clean and kept up, only down side was the hot tub could have been hotter. No big deal on that one. My room was somewhat close to the event center which was great since I was here to see a show anyway. The beds were very comfortable, which is hard to find with a hotel. All in all I was very pleased with my stay and will be planning another trip!

Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank renob88
Saint Louis, Michigan, United States
Reviewed November 3, 2013

Recently spent 2 nights at Little River. Room was pre assigned on arrival, my wife is handicapped so I ask to be moved to the tower closet to the casino. Had to wait to check in until 430PM for this request but appreciated the staff going the extra mile to get us closer.
The room was fairly clean. The fan in the bathroom ceiling was covered in dust probably not cleaned in a long time because not that easy for staff to reach.
The lamp shade was in poor repair but the rest of the room was good. Nice linens on the beds, coffee maker in the room. Television received lots of channels and shower worked well. To me these are the most important items in a hotel stay.
The difference for me was the staff. Had breakfast at the buffet, staff and service were outstanding. Very friendly front desk staff as well. The casino had a few new machines and took our money just like they are supposed to.
All in all I like this hotel and would stay here again.

Room Tip: Stay in the north tower if you cant walk far.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
holland, mi
Reviewed October 27, 2013

From what I understand, this place is under new ownership so I will give you a list of what I like and dislike with this transition...

The Dislikes.
No players club discount on the room...sure, after tax, the room is still only 144.00 but thats less money I intend to use on the floor.
They need to get rid of the 25$ blackjack table and add another 5$ table. I circled the area looking for a spot all night and NEVER got one. I was forced to do the 10$ tables and I didn't appreciate that.

The Likes.
They are alot more personable now and you can tell they try to use your first name to address you.
The dealers are very helpful.
They offer vouchers for being eco friendly.
I think they added more real Penny slots. My husband and I like those things and were furious last time we vistited that we couldn't find a machine with less than 40 cent minimum bet! We went on a friday night this time and there were quite a few open.
Drink specials are great. This time, they had 1$ domestic drafts and 1.50 sangrias with real fruit:)

If you visit just make sure to bring what you are comfortable losing and you wont have a problem. Also, check the alarm clock before you go to bed. My husband and I were unpleasantly suprised when the thing went of at 7:30 am also put the do not disturb sign out or the maid will knock pretty early...have fun

2 Thank eritone
leroy
Reviewed October 23, 2013

It had been awhile since we visited the Little River Casino & Manistee (our favorite Lower Peninsula town), so decided to make the trek. As usual, we were not disappointed. We've never had a problem w/any of the staff. All are always friendly & helpful. Noticed there are several new machines. The Casino is ALWAYS clean, spacious, & well kept. This is one of the few casinos that offer free popcorn & has 2 serve yourself free pop/ice tea/coffee stations. The coffee is phenomenal! Since our last visit, the Casino is now offering $1.00 draft beer to all patrons regardless if actively playing or not. Used to be a person had to be actively playing to receive $.50 draft beer. Unsure if other drink specials have changed. Of course, as usual, we never win much (if anything), but it's always so much fun!

2 Thank rychrlim
michigan
Reviewed October 19, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for one night comped. Our room was not ready when we arrived, so we gambled for a little bit. (handpaid out) YAY! Anyways, went back to the front desk a couple hours later and the front desk lady told us we would not be disappointed. Sure enough, we are on the 4th floor, north wing, in a suite-Fridge, microwave, bathroom as soon as you walk in. Than the pull out sofa, a huge dining table, fireplace, and flat screen, with a table and a leather chair. Next comes the next room with a 4 poster bed, flat screen, sitting chair, dresser, and the best of all, the 2nd bathroom with French doors and a Jacuzzi bath for 2 with 2 sinks, a shower, and a toilet. I was very impressed!!! We had such a good time and were more than thrilled at our accommodation. THANK YOU Little River!

1 Thank Jo Z
Also consider these accommodations in or near Manistee
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Manistee
Little Riverside Motel & Marina
Riverside Motel & Marina
Riverside Motel & Marina
#9 of 10 in Manistee

Been to Little River Casino Resort? Share your experiences!