“Very Nice Hotel”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Manistee
Little River Casino Resort
Ranked #3 of 10 Hotels in Manistee
Holland
“Very Nice Hotel”
Reviewed December 27, 2012

Great place to stay for the money, Staff went out of there way to make our stay a great time. Parking was easy, good vents to get rid of other smoke. Our room was a non somking room for real. I will return when I need a great room.

Dave

Room Tip: We were upgraded just by asking no hassle.
4 Thank Dave M

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (102)
Traverse City, Michigan
Reviewed December 23, 2012

I would have rated this property higher if it weren't for the negatives I experienced this stay (my 2nd):
Firstly: Many thanks to the kind Guest Service Agent who took my reservation and checked me in. I work at a hotel myself and I always appreciate good customer service. We had a non-smoking King room in the South wing which surprisingly didn't smell of smoke at all even though it is very close to the casino floor itself. The room was clean and well appointed with a sitting chair (and ottoman), ample space to move about, and a vanity with a sink outside of the bathroom which is lovely for putting on makeup while the bathroom is in use. The only thing that I wish we would have had was a mini-fridge to keep our food from The Rapids in. On that note, the deli food was good as always. We always get pizza when we go there but it isn't your typical greasy cheap tasting pizza like you might find at other places. Now, the food at The Willows Buffet was an entirely different matter. You really can’t beat the $2.99 Steak and Eggs they offer from midnight-4am but still, my fiancé had ordered his eggs scrambled and they were so oily that he wouldn't even eat them. Unfortunately, his eggs weren't the low-light of that experience; it was their staff that bothered me the most. I understand it’s late and they may be used to dealing with intoxicated or grumpy patrons but we were neither of those. Our waitress seemed like she just hated everything…not only was she unfriendly but she kept disappearing. We finally went up to the counter to ask for our bill because we couldn't find her ANYWHERE and we were tired of waiting. Not only that, but the lot of them were having very inappropriate conversations right behind our table that I would have rather NOT heard and to top it off they were all highly disorganized (the host had us marked down as sitting at a different table so our bill was incorrect when we asked for it). The next morning after we checked out we went back to The Willows and found the staff working at that time to be great! However, the food was very disappointing…and I’m 99% sure it made me ill...Needless to say the ride home was quite unpleasant. Much of the food was luke warm aside from the alfredo noodles that were (literally) cold. It made me think that it was probably not freshly cooked but had just come out of the refrigerator and placed in the heating plates to warm up. I do not think we will return to The Willows anytime soon after that, not even for the Steak and Eggs deal. The Casino itself is nice (albeit the tight slots!), and the staff working there is great and friendly. If you are looking for a reasonable room rate and a good time I would suggest trying Little River but be weary of The Willows brunch buffet!!

2 Thank Mrs S
Marion,Mi
Reviewed December 11, 2012

We had reservations for 1 night in a King room. When we were checking in the clerk said we had been upgraded to a suite. This Suite is AWESOME and the 3rd time we got to stay in it. LRCR people are always Super nice and helpful. Had a great time on the floor-win-win-win and a Great meal in one of our favorite restaurants around. Thanks LRCR and your great staff for another awesome stay where we feel like we are with friends!!!!!

Room Tip: They are all good!!!!
3 Thank ZigZagMarion_Mi
Holland
Reviewed December 2, 2012

Stayed in a hotel room for one night with some friends for a girls' weekend and had a good time but checking out left me bitter about the whole place in general. Once you could find your room down the many hallways and elevators, the room was clean & nice. Checking in the hotel I was assured that I could use a gift certificate given to me but was in my husband's name. But the next morning the gift certificate was refused due to "POLICIES" not written on the gift certificate or told to me when I checked in. Gift certificates are treated like checks here and you need to provide photo ID, be the person on the gift certificate, and give a signature. After talking to 3 different managers I finally got them to extend the gift certificate because it was going to expire in a couple weeks and I live 2 1/2 hours away. But they only extended it for 3 more months not another year like I asked and they suggested doing. Overall I was not impressed with how they handled the whole situation. I even called a higher up person after the weekend only to get brushed off them as well. They already had the money for the gift certificate, making it difficult to use them a way for the hotel not having to honor them?

Room Tip: All the rooms are far away......happy walking.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
6 Thank dylantrevin
Whitehall, Michigan
Reviewed November 21, 2012

About once per month we plan a trip here with a small group of friends. They have a great buffet of crab legs and prime rib. The table games variety is limited but the dealers are very personable and can be very entertaining. There is a large collection of slots. They have done a good job with air-handlers so the smoke is not a problem until someone sits next to you at the tables. I recommend spending a night and take in a show while you're there. The small port town of Manistee is nearby and worth the visit. There are many small boutique stores and the walk along the water is beautiful anytime of the year.

Room Tip: The walks to the rooms can be long. May want to ask about rooms closer to gaming area.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
4 Thank humunuku01
leroy
Reviewed November 4, 2012

We love the city of Manistee and surrounding area, so visit the area at least 3 - 4 times per year. The Little River Casino Resort is a clean, beautifully maintained facility. Lots of new machines and not all crowded together. Plenty of room between aisles. We normally stay in the North End which is non-smoking. Large, clean, beautifully decorated rooms. Wait staff friendly & helpful. Wish we'd actually win some money, but that's another story........

Room Tip: North Wing rooms are newer & have always been non-smoking.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank rychrlim
Michigan
Reviewed October 30, 2012

We were surprised by the size of this Little River Casino complex. It's mammoth for that area and busloads were coming and going and staying. The staff was courteous, the rooms were quite nice 'though there was a long, long walk to them. I had booked a room almost two months earlier and had been told that they only had smoking rooms available but by the time we would arrive, perhaps a non-smoking room would open up. No such luck. They offered a machine that would suck out the oxygen for two hours but we decided to try the room "as is". Spraying didn't help much. I would hope they would make more rooms non-smoking in the future, although it seems smoking and gambling seem to go together. The room prices were very good as was the deal for dinner and breakfast. I would go back again, but only to a non-smoking room.

Room Tip: Book through a tour to get a non-smoking room.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Evergreen007
Also consider these accommodations in or near Manistee
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Manistee
Little Riverside Motel & Marina
Manistee Inn & Marina
Manistee Inn & Marina
#2 of 11 in Manistee

Been to Little River Casino Resort? Share your experiences!