“Great Place For a Concert”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Manistee
Little River Casino Resort
Ranked #3 of 10 Hotels in Manistee
Michigan
“Great Place For a Concert”
Reviewed September 5, 2012

Had a great experience going to a concert at Little River Casino. Loved that the hotel is connected to the casino. The valet staff at the door were very nice and accommodating. The casino is beautiful. Wish they had a NON-SMOKING area for us non-smokers. When making our reservation, they were not very accommodating for my husbands health condition until I asked to speak to a manager. She was very nice and made the accommodation. I thing casino's as a whole are not good in accommodating guests room needs. The room was very clean and updated. The room prices are outrageous on a weekend when there is a concert. Loved the refrigerator and flat screen TV along with the free wireless wi-fi. Loved the Bath and Body soaps in the bathroom. Would definately go back!

Room Tip: Rooms at the back of the property are quieter.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank chihuhuadog

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (102)
Litchfield, Mi
Reviewed August 30, 2012

I keep coming back to Little River for it seems like home, and one of my husbands & mine favorite spot, for we knew it from the old little one. We came here after my husband had a double by-pass and he walked it twice the full length with his walker, for he was always told never to have surgery. But he did survive it and this was the first place we came when he first could go anywhere. It was before and during the fixing of the beautiful garden inside and out and he said it would be very pretty which it is. We always like the rooms for we always had one just off of garden. Very clean , close, meals wonderful, just an over all good time. He never did see the garden finish. But I keep coming back alone often It is 265 miles one way to come, now that gas is so high I don't come as often. I have had free or off rate on rooms and had the very best in rooms and they have always been very clean. At least I can get here all times of day and get in and relax before going to play or play a while then go and sleep for a while then go play again and don't have to go out side in dark or get in car to go to other motel in the dark. Thank you for that. As I most time travel alone. Would love to have a reduced rate on wk. ends as that is sometimes the only time I can come. Iva from Litchfield, Mi.

Room Tip: Love the ones off of the garden
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Iva M
Reviewed August 16, 2012

My husband and I spent one night at The River. What a disaster! Room was booked 6 weeks prior, we got the wrong room and they could have cared less. The room still had trash in it from the previous guests, furniture has big chips in it and there are cigarette burns on the bathroom vanity. Coffee maker is a single serve, not condusive for two people in the room. They now charge $5.00 per day for a refrigerator in the room even if it is needed to store medicines. Ridiculous!
People at the registration desk lie like hell. Example: On every trip to the River I ask for a complimentary upgrade only to be told nothing is available, however people all around me are getting the upgrades.
Reservation staff are not well trained nor are they customer oriented.
We have decided not to return there as we get much better service at Soaring Eagle or Four Winds.
There are certain days when the bus loads of people come in and it is impossible to get on a machine. People play 2 and 3 machines at a time and security doesn't do anything about it. The River is no longer a fun place to go, it just causes stress and headaches.

Room Tip: Don't waste your time there, go somewhere else.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
5 Thank Sue49321
Hazel Park, Michigan
Reviewed August 10, 2012

If you are in the area on Friday nights and like crab legs, this is for you. I don't eat crab legs to often and when I do I go a bit crazy. The casino buffet is not so big that there are to many choices but, they have plenty of hot, sweet, fresh crab legs. The shrimp are also nice and fresh. I did not have one but the salad bar looked nice and fresh. I don't get there more than once or twice a year but this is a must stop and eat place. The only thing I would say that they could improve on are the slot machinces they take my five dollar bill on the way out every time. It would not hurt them to let me win my dinner every now and then.Enjoy.

Room Tip: I did not stay the night.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank Mike64242
Livonia, Michigan
Reviewed August 8, 2012

We decided to finish off our trip up north with a two night stop at Little River. The hotel itself was very nice - thankfully our rooms were located at the opposite end from the casino. The smoke really is quite unpleasant. When you take into account the cost of most rooms in the area, in August - no less, I don't think the price was unreasonable. The bed was extremely comfortable. The room itself was large and well maintained. We ended up renting a fridge for $5.00/a night and ate breakfast in our room - as the breakfast options weren't to our liking. The gambling was a nice diversion the two nights we were there. My biggest complaint is the lack of luggage carts - considering the size of the place, there is a serious shortage of carts and we ended up making many trips to our car in the morning.

Room Tip: If you are sensitive to smoke, further away from the casino is better.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank michrocks
Reviewed August 2, 2012

We stayed for two nights in July 2012. The hotel rooms are very nice, they were clean, and we had a good view to the atrium. Our room had 2 queen beds, with plenty of room. They have a separates sink outside the bathroom door, which I like, and a small coffee pot also. We paid $129 a night, but the room rate did not include any casino cash, or breakfast Buffett. This was a deal breaker for me. We like to stay at casinos, and we always get a small perk, but not at Little River Casino.

Room Tip: Ask to view the atrium.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank zenMichigan
Le Claire, Iowa
Reviewed July 29, 2012

We were not impressed with the room at this resort. And after spending a considerable amount of money in the casino, I expected some kind of discount beyond the 20% you get just by joining the players club. The staff said the comp is an all or nothing situation, so the do not reduce the rate in any other manner. The buffet is mediocre. Not much of a selection and the dining area is unimpressive. I guess we are spoiled by our trips to Four Winds in New Buffalo, now there is a great place!!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
5 Thank wsteinhauer
Also consider these accommodations in or near Manistee
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Manistee
Little Riverside Motel & Marina
Manistee Inn & Marina
Manistee Inn & Marina
#2 of 11 in Manistee

Been to Little River Casino Resort? Share your experiences!