“long business stay”

Ranked #4 of 9 Hotels in Madison Heights
SPRING BROOK TOWNSHIP
“long business stay”
Reviewed July 2, 2014

Very pleased with the rates, the front desk staff was great, a few problems though, the pots and pans looked as if they were never cleaned, the air conditioner made so much noise it was hard to sleep, and I did find roaches in the room. The interior common areas need some work but overall it was a good stay.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed July 1, 2014

When I booked this place I specifically noted that I would be driving all night and that I would be checking in very early in the morning. So when I arrived at 5:30 AM there was no one at the desk and there were instructions to dial "0" and let them know I was at the front desk. The only phone to dial "0" was in the entrance near the doors. I dial "0" and the phone that rang was at the desk I was just standing at. So I laughed at the situation and read the sign again. It also said if no one answered to go to the linen room and "knock hard", so I did. This little Asian lady walks out and said "Why you no call the operator, I have phone right here." I said " I did and no one answered so I followed the next direction." Next she said " What you want? You checking in." I said "yes" and she replied " Why you so late?" 1.I stated my late arrival in the reservation. 2. It was none of her business as to why I was late. Finally I get my key and head to the 2nd floor. The moment I stepped off the elevator it looked like a murder scene minus the crime scene tape. There was a "substance" that had been dragged completely through the hall and after following it I found that it ended at the trash room (pictures are available).This was not just heavy traffic wear and tear, this was plain and simple "garbage juice" that no one thought enough about to have cleaned up. I was disgusted. I open the door to find a very clean room, I was impressed considering what I just walked through. The room was a little dated but for the price I paid I can't complain. There was a flat screen TV and that was fine with me. I requested a quite room and it was definitely quite and the bed was extremely comfortable. I go out for the day and return to the room to find that it was not cleaned and the towels were not replaced. After visiting the front desk and telling them the room was not cleaned the only response I got was "How many of each towel do you have?" There was no " I'm sorry your room wasn't cleaned" or anything. Once I got back to my room I looked through the paperwork and discovered that only "certain" rates get housekeeping services or you can "pay" to have it cleaned and you have to swap towels out yourself at the front desk. I slept good and the place was very close to whom I was visiting in Detroit, That's about all the "good" I can say about this place. Check the attitudes and clean up the messes and this place would of gotten an "average" instead of a poor from me.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank Chris V
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Madison Heights, responded to this review, July 9, 2014
Chris - We received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. The situation you described regarding our night attendant is truly regrettable. We are very sorry for your experience. In response to your feedback, we held a coaching session and reviewed proper procedures for guest services. We are glad that we were able to provide you a clean, quiet room, but are sorry that the hallway was not satisfactory. We are working on having the carpet replaced so that your experience is not repeated. We also apologize for the confusion about our housekeeping procedure. We are reviewing your comments with the front desk staff to ensure that each guest is fully informed at check-in.

We continually work to improve our hotel, so we really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to us at dmh@extendedstay.com. It would be our pleasure to have you stay with us again in the future to show you our positive strides taken to enhance your experience with us.

Travelers are raving about these Madison Heights hotels

Greenville, North Carolina
Reviewed July 1, 2014

We stayed for over a month on business to the area. The room itself was fine, it was clean and had what we needed. We were on the top floor but there was still noisy people from down the hall that would run up and down the hallways, hollering. Apparently some of the long term guests think its funny to trip the fire alarm as this happened four times while we were there, I'm sure the fire dept. was getting pretty ticked off as they had to come out each time. For the low cost compared to other hotels we can overlook some annoying guests. The ladies working the front desk are wonderful and try to be helpful. So, the hotel and hotel staff were not a problem, it was some of the rude, annoying jerks that were staying there that made it unpleasant at times.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Madison Heights, responded to this review, July 8, 2014
Thank you for your review. We appreciate your kind remarks about our hotel and our staff. We are glad to read that you were pleased with your room's cleanliness and appearance. We appreciate you letting us know about the noise factor. Our staff takes noise complaints seriously and we attempt to keep noise down to a minimum. Thank you for letting us know about the fire alarms you experienced. It has come to our attention that some guests were unsure of the pull boxes purpose. Because of these instances, our front desk staff, at time of check in, informs every guest about the pull boxes and what they are to be used for. Fortunately, we have not had another alarm since this was started.

detroit
Reviewed June 30, 2014

the carpet in the hallway looked horrible! it was really dirty and worn. the stairwell needed to be swept and the rugs were dirty.. the toilet did not flush properly.. the sink backed up after the water ran for 1 minute.. the hot water took literally 2 minutes to get hot.. the comforters looked worn and dingy and te ottoman had stains ... the room had an odor ..

only good if your not working with a lot of money..

but the staff was great and the location is excellent! right by the freeway.. movies .. mall .. restaurants etc.. there are better hotels right next door where you can pay 20 bucks more a night and feel like your at home.. and not scared to walk across the floor barefoot..

• Stayed June 2014
We appreciate you bringing your experience to our attention. We are very sorry that our hotel did not meet your expectations. We strive to provide our guests with a 'home away from home' experience and are disappointed that we did not meet this goal with you. We are glad that you enjoyed our location; however, we apologize that you experienced plumbing issues during your stay. We will be working with our maintenance staff to repair the plumbing in your room. We are also sad to hear that our hotel's appearance was not satisfactory. We are scheduled for carpet replacement soon and will be working with our housekeeping staff on new cleaning procedures. Thank you for your kind words about our staff. They work hard to provide you with superior service.

We continually work to improve our hotel, so we really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. If you have any additional feedback, we would like to hear it. Please e-mail us at dmh@extendedstay.com. It would be our pleasure to have you stay with us again in the future to show you our positive strides taken to enhance your experience with us.
Clinton Township, Michigan
Reviewed June 22, 2014 via mobile

I stayed at this property for three weeks as I was awaiting closing on my home, the guest were hanging out in the front and the side of the property smoking as well as inside of the hotel. The guest over me on the third floor were noisey at 3 am and I couldn't not sleep. A lot of young people were hanging out in the hall way. House keeping didn't clean the room nor bring fresh towels. When I checked in my room was not cleaned. I had spider webs, grease on the stove, crumbs on the counter and under the microwave, the dishes were dirty and greasy, the carpet was wet from the air conditioner being on, the sheets and pillow cases had some brown stuff on them, the towels had hair on them, the chair in the room was old and full of cigarettes burns and it smelled, carpet in hall way were dirty look like oil was spilled, garbage was always in the halls, pets were allowed at the property, after 11 pm if you had a complaint you had to call the after hours phone. I would not recommend this property to stay over night or as a recommendation peroid. I tired to speak to the front desk and was referred to a Supervisor who took off 5 percent off one night stay. I requested to speak to a Manager he said he was aware of my issues but he needs to be present to see or catch a customer in the act and 5 percent was offered. Extended Stay as a whole has made a very bad impression on me, and other locations may not be this bad.

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Deneen1023
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Madison Heights, responded to this review, July 3, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. I apologize for the noise disturbances you encountered from neighboring guests. As well, I apologize that your room was not cleaned prior to your arrival. I will be meeting with our housekeeping staff to ensure your experience is not repeated. Lastly, I am sorry that our housekeeping policy did not meet your needs. We offer housekeeping services to guests staying eight or more nights; however, these services are always available upon request for an additional fee.

Thank you again for your feedback. We hope to have the opportunity to provide you with a better stay in the future.
Atlanta
Reviewed May 30, 2014

ARRIVAL: I arrived at 6:15 PM only to be told my room wasn't ready ("WHAT!!!") and that it would take 15 minutes. So, I sat and waited. 15 minutes later I was told it was ready, I walked down to my room only to find the cleaning crew, who told me it would another 20 minutes. Finally by 7PM the room was ready.

There's just no excuse for a room not to be ready by this late of an hour. Maybe they only make up the rooms every other guest.

ROOM: The mattress wasn't all that comfortable. Had a kitchen with limited cooking utensils. No cups in the bathroom and bath towels that were too small. Rooms aren't made up every day.

STAFF: Needs training in customer relations. Needs to hire more cleaning staff.

HOTEL APPEARANCE: A bit run down and in need of a makeover.

Verdict: Good for people who want a cheap room and don't care about anything else.

Room Tip: Call ahead to make sure your room is ready.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Madison Heights, responded to this review, June 3, 2014
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. I am so disappointed that your check-in experience was not up to our standards. Please accept my apology. As this hotel's manager, I can assure you that we are working to improve our check-in process, cleaning procedures, and customer service.

We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. It would be our pleasure to have you stay with us again in the future to show you our positive strides taken to enhance your experience with us.
Detroit, Michigan
Reviewed May 14, 2014

It's hard trying to fine everything in one, here u are with the best hotel around i really like the laundry area, and u can cook your own food and it is very clean this is a very awesome hotel my sister told me about extended stay but u can't believe what u hear until u visit thanks alot extended stay and i promise. I will let all my church members and friends about the extended stay in Madison hts Michigan thanks

• Stayed March 2014
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Madison Heights, responded to this review, May 19, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. I am glad that you enjoyed our staff and our laundry facilities during your visit with us. As well, it's great to hear that you were pleased with your fully equipped kitchen and the cleanliness of our hotel. We are so glad that you will be recommending our hotel to others. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope to see you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Madison Heights
Hampton Inn Detroit / Madison Heights / South Troy
Red Roof Inn Detroit Madison Heights
Baymont Inn & Suites Madison Heights Detroit Area
Red Roof Inn Detroit Troy
Residence Inn Detroit Troy/Madison Heights
Residence Inn Detroit Troy/Madis...
#3 of 9 in Madison Heights
Candlewood Suites Detroit - Troy

Been to Extended Stay America - Detroit - Madison Heights? Share your experiences!