Extended Stay America - Detroit - Madison Heights
Ranked #4 of 9 Hotels in Madison Heights
Nashville, Tennessee
“Exceptional”
Reviewed November 12, 2012

I really enjoyed my recent stay at the hotel!! I was in visiting family and decided to stay here because my last stay was so good and of course I expected it to be the same, but boy was I wrong I was really blown away this time the hotel has had some updates and the manager WOW that lady is wonderful she made sure me and my family had a great stay, we didnt have a need for anything. I tell you her and her staff is wonderful from now on whenever I come into town I will not hesitate to go there.Thank You

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
RDO_Sarah_L, Owner at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Madison Heights, responded to this review, November 16, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with us. I am so happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. It's great to hear you speak of our recent changes; I am glad you liked them! We do hope to see you when you are back in our area. Thank you again!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Madison Heights, Michigan
Reviewed November 11, 2012

The manager Yvette Thomas and the entire staff at the Madison Heights location truly know the meaning of hospitality. Although the hotel itself is in the process of renovations, the staff more than makes up any short comings. Their service ethics is far beyond any I have experienced, even in the finest 5-star hotels around the country. I highly recommend Extended Stay America in Madison Heights. Whether a short stay or longer term, for business or pleasure it is a home away from home for you and your pet. (Long-term visit 6+ months).

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
RDO_Sarah_L, Owner at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Madison Heights, responded to this review, November 12, 2012
Thank you very much for your review. We strive to provide exceptional guest service to all of our guests so it is very rewarding to hear you comment so positively about the hotel staff. Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. We appreciate your business and do hope to have you back with us the next time you are in the Madison Heights area.
Troy, Michigan
Reviewed November 9, 2012

Recently my wife and myself had to get our kitchen remodeled which turned into a total nightmare!!! The job was suppose to take a week, but turned into almost a month project. After having no home cooked meals for over a week. My wife and myself decided to give Extended stay a first time chance, seeing that they did have a whole kitchen in every room. Checking into the hotel was GREAT. Not only were the staff pleasant and friendly, but they also showed sympathy to our problem. The room was more than what we expected. Not only was there a whole kitchen, but there were cups, plates, pots and pans. Some other things I didn't expect were the free wifi, and the free grab and go breakfast! Hopefully I wont ever have to stay at a hotel for a long period of time, but if I do, I will be staying at Extended Stay!

Room Tip: Short hallways are the best and Higher floor.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review. I'm sorry to hear about the delay in your kitchen remodeling. I hope it all worked out well. I am very happy to hear our fully equipped kitchens met your needs so perfectly. Thank you for choosing our hotel in Madison Heights. We appreciate your feedback.
Reviewed November 5, 2012

I never write reviews but had to on this one. I'm in a different hotel almost 300 times a year. With my job I travel so much. I can honestly say I will never stay at this or an extended stay ever again. The girl at the front desk when I checked in was great. Very kind and helpful. Checking out on the other hand was a guy that I never physicaly seen. I called down about 4am and asked if he would ring me a taxi thinking that he would know the most reliable taxi service in the area. Well he was very rude and said why can't you call your own taxi. Never been talked to like that. Then I get down to the lobby about 4:15am I need a receipt for my company and there is no one to be found. I even called the front desk from the house phone across the lobby nothing. I stayed there 11/4/12 checked out on 11/5/12. I suggest that you get rid of this kid/punk. The rooms was another story. Dirty nasty would not let my dog stay there.

• Stayed November 2012
RDO_Sarah_L, Owner at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Madison Heights, responded to this review, November 6, 2012
I received your review and wanted to take the time to personally respond. I was so disappointed to hear of the service you received when attempting to check out. I agree with you that this behavior and general lack of service is unacceptable. Please be assured that as a result of your feedback, I have met with management and staff to ensure this is not repeated. Regardless of the hour, we strive to provide our guests with excellent service. We failed in your case and for that I sincerely apologize. I am also so sorry to hear that there were cleanliness issues in your room. We are addressing this as well. If you have any additional questions or concerns, I do hope you will reach out to us. We hope you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you are in need of a hotel. Thank you again.

Travelers are raving about these Madison Heights hotels

Blacksburg, Virginia
Reviewed November 4, 2012

The value was very good, but you do get what you pay for. The room was a tad shabby, but the people were most friendly and helpful. The quarters available for laundry, the breakfast snacks and the free newspapers on Sundays were a nice touch.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
RDO_Sarah_L, Owner at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Madison Heights, responded to this review, November 5, 2012
Thank you for your review. I appreciate you sharing your feedback with us. It's great to hear the staff was friendly and helpful. I apologize about any issues you experienced with our rooms. We are in the middle of making a few upgrades including new mattresses, bedding, lighting and new flat screen TVs in the rooms. I do hope you will give our hotel another try if you are ever in the Madison Heights area again.
Madison Heights, Michigan
Reviewed October 29, 2012

I am so happy I decided to stay here. I was here for several months and would definitely stay here again! Yvette, the manager is awesome as well as all the people working at the front desk. The room was clean, bed was comfortable and it suited my needs perfectly. During my stay they installed a brand new flat screen tv in the room and also started serving breakfast that you can "grab and go".

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
RDO_Sarah_L, Owner at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Madison Heights, responded to this review, October 31, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write this review. I'm glad you enjoyed our recent upgraded bedding and our new breakfast offering. We appreciate guest feedback like yours. Thank you for choosing our hotel in Madison Heights. We hope you will come back and stay with us again soon.
Fenton, Michigan
Reviewed October 28, 2012

Stayed here for 2months, for work. Great staff, nice room!! Will come back!
The manager has made tons of upgrades! The front desk ladies Brittany and Danielle are the best.
The improvements are very nice. The manager makes you feel welcome and wanted.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
RDO_Sarah_L, Manager at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Madison Heights, responded to this review, October 29, 2012
Thank you for your glowing review. It's so rewarding to hear our guests share their feedback on our changes. Thank you for noticing and sharing your comments with us. We are very happy you like the changes. I'm happy to hear that our staff took great care of you. We appreciate your business very much!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Madison Heights
Hampton Inn Detroit / Madison Heights / South Troy
Red Roof Inn Detroit Madison Heights
Baymont Inn & Suites Madison Heights Detroit Area
Red Roof Inn Detroit Troy
Residence Inn Detroit Troy/Madison Heights
Residence Inn Detroit Troy/Madis...
#3 of 9 in Madison Heights
Candlewood Suites Detroit - Troy

Been to Extended Stay America - Detroit - Madison Heights? Share your experiences!