All reviews room was clean twin peaks detroit area convenient location freeway hallway desk michigan
Selected filters
Reviewed March 28, 2017 via mobile

I checked in Monday and the first night was fine; clean room adequate for a stay. The second night there were 30-40 20-somethings have a huge loud party called the front desk they never came upstairs. Finally had to demand a new room and at midnight had to move all of my belongings because the front desk rep did nothing to resolve the noise. The new rooms deadbolt does not work and feels like a dungeon. I do not recommend this place to anyone who actually works for a living. The absolute worst experience ever in a hotel!

Trip type: Traveled on business
Robert J, General Manager at Baymont by Wyndham Madison Heights Detroit Area, responded to this reviewResponded March 30, 2017

I already talked with you, and since the hotel was not full, my night auditor did the best thing he could, which was to move you to a quieter room where you would not be bothered by them. We have a plethora of people who love to stay here and they actually do work for a living. I know this review makes you feel better, because the general manager (me) stood by the actions of my employee. FYI, if your stay is so horrible, you were a and free to check-out any time you like. People will see this for what it is. Thanks.

Reviewed March 17, 2017

The place is very nice and the people there were very professional and first class. This was during a power outage and althought everything was good it seemed like we were gouged on price. $150.00 per night but this was an emergency and I did not have many options.

Reviewed March 14, 2017

Vent fail off by the window they sent someone to fix it but next day came off again. That was the only thing dislike...I have a one year old and that's a saftey problem.

Reviewed March 12, 2017

Review collected in partnership with Baymont Inn & Suites
Robert J, General Manager at Baymont by Wyndham Madison Heights Detroit Area, responded to this reviewResponded March 14, 2017

Reviewed March 6, 2017

Pros:
1. Faster internet speed than many hotels I've stayed at in the Troy/Royal Oak area.
2. Location was close to my destination and finding it was easy.
3. Service was adequate..
4. Extra security for the third floor requiring keycard to gain access
5. Breakfast was available on time
6. Better coffee than many hotels I've stayed at. Not the best coffee, but better.
7. Lobby was clean and brightly lit
8. Room was clean for the most part

Cons:
1. Stains on the bed spread
2. Shower in bathroom had a leak, only heard it when I was near the bathroom
3. Keycards didn't work the second night I was there. The attendant told me it happens all the time because people put their room key next to their credit cards. This was not my case.
4. Elevator on one side of the hotel and the staircase was on the other.
5. Third floor on elevator side did not require keycard to gain access to the rooms
6. Third floor hallway smelled awful. Room did not have the same odor
7. Could smell someone smoking in the room adjacent to mine.
8. Bed was uncomfortable to sleep on, just too hard for my back.
9. Property is close to the road and the sounds of cars going by could be loud at times.

Date of stay: February 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Baymont Inn & Suites
Robert J, General Manager at Baymont by Wyndham Madison Heights Detroit Area, responded to this reviewResponded March 7, 2017

Thanks for your thorough review! Of the things that we have control over, it would be helpful to know what room you were in so we could make sure to check the issues you mentioned. It is possible that they have already been corrected, if needed, but please contact me directly at the hotel if you can.

Thanks,