Baymont Inn & Suites Madison Heights Detroit Area
$65
$59
$139
$129
All reviewsroyal oakhard boiled eggsthird flooroutdoor poolyogurtfridge and microwavenice staybed was comfortablethe breakfast areafree breakfastdetroithallwaydeskdrainmichigan
Reviewed August 12, 2012

I ended up here after not being able to find anything available before my flight out the next morning. The rooms are smaller, but they're clean and it was a good stay. I'd give it 4 stars for that, but the staff is what makes it 5. They are probably some of the nicest, kindest folks that you've ever encountered. I got there really late, and had to be up really early for a flight, and the clerk was so genuinely sympathetic and kind and that to me however small it may seem, makes it that much better. I'll definitely be back. Wifi works great too.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed June 28, 2012

Visited the Detroit area for a wedding and stayed June 21 and 22. We stayed on the third floor and found the room very clean and the bed very comfortable. Breakfast had about everything on it you could want and coffee is available and tea is available all day long. People at desk were very nice and helpful. I felt very safe and would definitely use this place again. We used the pool during the day - it was clean and peaceful - pool was 5 ft.deep which was nice. Thank you for a nice clean place to stay.

Room Tip: Enjoyed third floor but all seem secured.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed June 28, 2012

I stay here quite often because it is convenient and reasonably priced. The staff is very friendly. The room linens and mattress could use some updates, but the room is clean and the "motel" rooms (door leading directly to parking lot) are surprisingly quiet. The A/C is old school, meaning you can select ON or OFF, so in the winter you could wake up in a sweat. The breakfast is average. Overall, a good clean hotel for the money.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank djvano
Reviewed June 8, 2012

So I don't know how I ended up here.. well I do,... I let a family member book a decently priced hotel in Troy, MI and this is what I got. Needless to say, she will NEVER be booking any more hotels for me again if I can help it.

Location: I did not feel safe at all. I looked over my shoulder every few seconds when going to my car and from my car back to the hotel/motel. Applebee's (open till 11pm) , McDonalds and Coney Island are literally across the street.

Pros: close to I-75, friendly staff, nice breakfast area, clean. 3rd Floor is indoor with a security door to access it. Decent rooms inside and clean. Internet was ok for emails, not great for videos. Speed's per SpeedTest.net were Download: 1.3 Mbps and Upload 0.8 Mbps.

Cons: Its pretty much a motel, didn't feel safe (but I'm sure it was safe, i'm just spoiled and paranoid thanks to the Media and our always 'bad news' giving News Stations).

If you are not very picky, like me, then you will find it decent. If you are very picky, keep driving.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed May 27, 2012

When I tried making reservations around town, this was the only Marriott property that had room. It was clean and the front desk staff were very accommodating. The set up of the hotel is a bit odd but the most important things were there. The bed was comfortable and the room was quiet. Most people using this hotel are on business so the pool and exercise room aren't used much.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business