“Don't Please Don't”

Ranked #8 of 9 Hotels in Madison Heights
Grand Rapids, Michigan, United States
“Don't Please Don't”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 11, 2013

I chose the Days Inn because I read several reviews saying "this place is very nice, clean and worth the buck." BS. Complete BS. For one, when I arrived, the front desk was housed by one older guy. He checked me in with no problem. He did have a slight attitude but I can tell that it was only because he had to work so late so that did not bother me too much. I had requested a room on the second floor because the first floor was flooded with children and adults running out of their rooms cursing and fighting with each other during the late hours and every morning babies were outside of room unattended and yelling at the top of their lungs. I asked for a new room and of course, the manager denied the request and I was stuck in the same room.

But the room that i was in was just as bad. The bathroom was disgusting and was infested with water bugs. The tub was completely gross and had paint peeling. This hotel, improved a lot since it was a Best Western? No, it has gotten very very much worse. I know people are going to sugar coat it and claim this place was excellent but it's not. If you want an affordable hotel, Red Roof Inn is your better choice or the Knights Inn on dequindre. This one was far from being good. It was absolutely dreadful. I did not enjoy my stay at all.

The safety of the hotel is very questionable. Why? let's just say, 4 a.m., I had to call the police because people were tugging on patio doors while my partner and I were sleeping in our room. We are both women, so that was a major safety issue for us. The complimentary breakfast was actually good, but a variety of fresh fruits would have been nice but I wont' complain since it was free.

All in all, the hotel had a bad smell, the room itself was fine but the bathroom was terrible and disgusting. The towels were even more dirty with stains in them. Our blankets had cigarette burns in them (could have sworn smoking wasn't allowed here) and it was very loud through the entire hotel. There werent even any regulation or quiet hours, and there were a lot of sketchy people standing outside the rooms talking and arguing. I wouldn't recommend this place to my worst enemy.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Madison Heights, Michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 31, 2013

The wireless this hotel has is exceptional. I do much more then just surf the web and was very impressed. It didn't matter when the hotel had a lot of guests, the internet was still excellent.
The price for a week is very, very fair. My family and I stayed here for a while, even through the construction which was slightly annoying. But, hotels need renovations too.
The pool was clean everyday I was there. Crystal clear, being able to see the bottom of the pool from the outside.
As for room cleanliness, the rooms were very clean. I stayed in one room and moved to another a few weeks later because of the construction noise. Both rooms were very clean. I did not have to do much once I got there.
This hotel has improved tremendously since it was Best Western a year or so ago. Most of the staff is pleasant, especially Jay who is great.
Beds were very comfortable.
Cable channels were def limited. The TV in the rooms are not so great. Also, I would have liked for them to have fruit at breakfast time or something healthy and fresh. The fitness room has about 3 machines that are not so great. For these reasons I cannot say the stay was excellent. But I can say I would still be there if it wasn't for my families need to switch to somewhere with a kitchen or kitchenette.

Room Tip: Rooms right near the pool area with the sliding doors facing towards the pool are very noisy when th...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Kati F
Grand Rapids
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 8, 2013

I'm disabled, there was nothing accessible available due to the floor being under construction and unavailable to my wheelchair. The room was dirty. The hallways were dirty. We were very disappointed.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

1 Thank guestGrandRapids

Travelers are raving about these Madison Heights hotels

BELLE RIVER
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 28, 2012

The first thing you notice when entering this hotel is the stench! It smells horrible - like mould and smoke! The cleanliness leaves quite a bit to be desired too. All-in-all this is not a great hotel.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Detroit North - Troy
Red Roof Inn Detroit Madison Heights
Hampton Inn Detroit / Madison Heights / South Troy
Residence Inn Detroit Troy/Madison Heights
Residence Inn Detroit Troy/Madis...
#3 of 9 in Madison Heights
Extended Stay America - Detroit - Madison Heights
Extended Stay America - Detroit ...
#5 of 9 in Madison Heights

Been to Days Inn & Suites Madison Heights MI? Share your experiences!