“Room with a hot tub” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Econo Lodge

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Econo Lodge
Ranked #7 of 9 Hotels in Madison Heights
Lansing, MI
“Room with a hot tub”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 27, 2014

We stayed at this hotel after seeing Elton John at the Joe. The room had a hot tub which was clean. The rest of the room was okay. No offense, but this is an Econo Lodge and the prices are usually low for a reason. Nothing against the brand. The only thing that was a turn off was the used condom in front of our room in the parking lot. This is out of the control of the management and to their credit it was removed when we came back.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank ghosthunter83

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Overland Park, Kansas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2013

I chose this place because some other family members were staying there, the price was cheap, and the reviews (at time of booking) were passable. I booked a king non-smoking room. The week before my trip, I was checking amenities and saw more recent reviews re: non-smoking rooms reeking of smoke, etc, and had I not already had other family staying there, I would have cancelled and booked elsewhere. I wish I had anyway. The cost was low, location was perfect for me, and the staff was very friendly and helpful. I don't mind if a property is as outdated as this one as long as it is clean, which this one was. The problem was the smell. It didn't seem like someone had recently smoked in the room, just that everything is so old the smoke smell is in the wallpaper, curtains, carpet, and bedding. I don't know if an ozone machine would make a difference or not, but something needs to change. Even my luggage reeked when I got home. If you don't mind everything you own smelling like stale smoke, then this place would be fine. As for me and future family reunion recommendations, this place will be off the list until they remodel.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Travelers are raving about these Madison Heights hotels

The Villages
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2013

This hotel is a prime example of "you get what you pay for." Yes, it was very inexpensive. In return I got a "non-smoking" room that reeked of smoke, a disgusting shower, and a blanket with a HUGE hole in it. The "breakfast" consisted of exceptionally small donuts, juice, coffee, and cold cereal. The caulking in the bath had been very poorly touched up with new caulking that didn't match the color of the old so all the spots were extremely obviously. Although the air conditioned did work, the room never really cooled off. Next time I'll spend a little more. It just wasn't worth the few dollars I saved.

Room Tip: My advice would be to examine your budget and determine if it's really worth it to you.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank lchard
Boston, Massachusetts
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2013 via mobile

I had booked this room through Choicpriveldges for 8 nights based some of the positive reviews on this site. I have no idea what they were thinking but this was horrible. Front desk staff rude. Room, supposedly nonsmokin, smelled awful. Dirty, poor lighting, broken furniture and ? Safety of environment. By the time my sons unloaded the car and had them reload and we checked out. I did not intend to spend one night there.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank terri1124
Inver Grove Heights, Minnesota
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2013

I would not recommend this hotel to my worst enemy!! The place was disgusting and dirty when we checked in. We had to clean before we even put out stuff in the room. We were staying for a week in the area and thought we wouldn't spend much time there. We asked to have the room cleaned the following day. When we returned, they hadn't done a thing!. We requested them to clean the room again and one of the maitenance men came into the room and sprayed some stuff along the walls. Not sure what that was for...but needless to say, we left after a couple of days. Because we originally requested to stay for 1 week, we had gotten a cheaper daily rate. Because we only stayed 2 days, they charged us more and preceeded to tell me it was our fault and that was what they would be charging us. This place was very disgusting and I wouldn't recommend this place to ANYONE! I don't care if you are staying for 1 night DO NOT STAY AT THIS HOTEL!!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Colleen H
Abu Dhabi, Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2013

I stayed here for couple nights with my family; everyone liked it, for the price i paid?? i got fresh breakfast, good internet, nice staff and most important cleanness of the rooms. I will for sure come back to stay at the E.L

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
StephensonMichigan, Front Office Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, March 3, 2013
Thank you so much for your great review! We are glad that your family enjoyed their stay at our hotel. We hope that you will visit Madison Heights again and return as our guest.

Mike Oro,
Also consider these accommodations in or near Madison Heights
Baymont Inn & Suites Madison Heights Detroit Area
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Detroit North - Troy
Hampton Inn Detroit / Madison Heights / South Troy
Red Roof Inn Detroit Madison Heights
Extended Stay America - Detroit - Madison Heights
Extended Stay America - Detroit ...
#5 of 9 in Madison Heights
Residence Inn Detroit Troy/Madison Heights
Residence Inn Detroit Troy/Madis...
#3 of 9 in Madison Heights

Been to Econo Lodge? Share your experiences!