“A good night” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Econo Lodge

Econo Lodge
Ranked #7 of 9 Hotels in Madison Heights

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Abu Dhabi, Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2013

I stayed here for couple nights with my family; everyone liked it, for the price i paid?? i got fresh breakfast, good internet, nice staff and most important cleanness of the rooms. I will for sure come back to stay at the E.L

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
StephensonMichigan, Front Office Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, March 3, 2013
Thank you so much for your great review! We are glad that your family enjoyed their stay at our hotel. We hope that you will visit Madison Heights again and return as our guest.

Mike Oro,
Madison Heights, Michigan
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 8, 2013

The wireless internet here is horrible. After complaining so many times about how often it disconnects and how incredibly slow the wireless is at econolodge and only getting the staff to "reset the modem", I gave up. My fiance made me a wireless extender hoping to fix the problem. This did not help. Fact is, this internet is just low bandwidth, probably a cheap plan with whatever carrier they are with.
On the plus side, which is why I am giving an average rating, the kitchenette is nice. I liked being in a room with a kitchen. The stove and oven works great. The disposal works great. Also, the shower was nice. I did not have spurts of extremely hot and cold water as I have had with other hotels these past few months. But, the bed was terribly uncomfortable. I had to make a mattress pillow out of blankets to lay on top of the mattress.
I would not return to this place. I can not deal with cheap, unreliable wireless internet. Half of the time I had to use the Days Inn wireless which neighbors this motel.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
StephensonMichigan, Front Office Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, March 1, 2013
I want to thank you for your comment. You certainly did not catch us at our best. Guest comfort is most concern to us. The hotel team committed to making every possible effort to provide perfect wireless connection. However, we have recently done major changes to our network to earn our guests satisfaction. Your review will be used to reconsider improvements needed and a total network inspection was done.

Mike Oro,
Madison Heights, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 19, 2012

i have been staying at this location off and on for years...and they are by far the best and my favorite.the rooms are nice and the staff is very polite and professional.i would recommend this particular location to anyone.like i said the best...hands down.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Dave H
Kalamazoo, Michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 19, 2012

Went to the econolodge last weekend, the room met my expectations for the price I paid, frsh coffee&donuts in the morning. Front desk clerk provided extra pillows when he noticed I have neck injury. I’ll defiantly stay here again if am in town

Room Tip: get upgraded rooms
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Jawher P
Henderson, Nevada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2012

I had reserved via Choicehotels.com expecting a decent place. After driving all day and checking in to a supposedly "non-smoking" room, I was staggered by the bad smell that hit me when I opened the door. Stale cigarette smell in carpet and linens was really bad. It was so bad it stayed on my clothes for hours.
I packed up my granddaughter and asked for a refund, after 6 days they still haven't refunded me yet :(

If you are reading this and are looking for a room, go to the Quality Inn in Troy.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Janet G
We take reviews like this very seriously, and would greatly appreciate the opportunity to discuss your stay with you. Please contact us, and we will be happy to review your experiences directly.

palm dessert
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 18, 2012

Fast check in, room was clean and quiet good location. Room was well appointed. staff was extremely helpful. Bed was comfortable. Free Wi-fi; coffee in room; plenty of linens for bathroom. will stay here again for sure.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank travel u
Also consider these accommodations in or near Madison Heights
Baymont Inn & Suites Madison Heights Detroit Area
Hampton Inn Detroit / Madison Heights / South Troy
Red Roof Inn Detroit Madison Heights
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Detroit North - Troy
Residence Inn Detroit Troy/Madison Heights
Residence Inn Detroit Troy/Madis...
#3 of 9 in Madison Heights
Candlewood Suites Detroit - Troy

Been to Econo Lodge? Share your experiences!