“Bed bugs”

Knights Inn Madison Heights
Ranked #9 of 9 Hotels in Madison Heights
Reviewed October 4, 2012

The bathroom was nasty looking. I laid in bed for ten minutes and starting itching turned the light on and saw two bed bugs went to the office for a refund and was offered another room of course I declined. The attendant said I had to come back the next day for a refund. I returned the next day waited a hour on the manager while I waited to more people came in the same issue..terrible experience.

• Stayed: September 2012

Reviewed June 19, 2012

the service is poor. Dirty unsanitary rooms pool opens late closes early during hott summer hours/days which is paid for w/ your room

• Stayed: June 2012
Reviewed April 25, 2012

Stayed here last August with my family and friends. First part was my fault, I should have read the reviews on-line. Instead, I called them. Asked if the hotel was clean. Told it was very clean, they have a “crack house keeping staff”. More like a house keeping staff on crack. We got there around 11 o'clock at night. First thing we all noticed was the bullet proof glass in the lobby. The fat old guy sitting behind it was unfriendly. He stared at us as if looking for something. Now I realize he was wondering if we were cops. Checked into our rooms and got a nasty surprise; blood and public hair on the sheets, furniture dinged up badly, very dirty carpet, holes punched in the walls, spiders crawling across the floors and no knob on the bathroom door. The night stand had a broken leg. To fix it, they stacked cut pieces of wood under the corner until it sat level. Fortunately, the bed my wife slept in had clean sheets. I let her and our son have it because it was clean. I slept on top of the bedspread, in my clothes, on the other bed. I even slept with my shoes on. Glad my wife thought to bring a can of Lysol. We sprayed everything down. Our friends borrowed the can and sprayed down their room too. We wanted to leave, but it was so late at night and everyone was too tired to start looking for another hotel. The worst part was the noise all night long. People walking up and down the corridor, talking. Doors slamming everywhere. It was at that point I realized we were staying at Prostitute Central. Rooms are rented by the hour. Cars were in and out of the parking lot all night long. It finally started to quiet down around 4 am. My wife wanted to take a shower in the morning. She stood on one of their bath towels as she didn't want her bare feet touching the tub. We had pre-booked a second night. Canceled it with no hassles. I'm sure they knew that we knew, what sort of place they are running. I'm surprised the police have not raided this place. I'm also surprised that Knights Inn corporation hasn't forced them to clean up their act. I do not recommend staying here. It's not only dirty, but very dangerous.

Room Tip: Don't stay here in the first place, especially if you want to keep living.
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Dave D
Reviewed March 14, 2011

Absolutely the worst property I have ever stayed at. I work in hospitality and have stayed in my share of properties all over. This had to be the absolute worst property ever...calling it a dump would be a compliment. If you have to call home to remind a family member where your dental records are "just in case"...you know you have an unsafe property. The furnitute looked like it was picked up curbside on garbage day, linens were stained, cigarette burns in the comforters, odor in the refrigerator. I was checking the bed daily for bed bugs (which we didn't have but could have questioned by the looks of the room). When you cannot receive a refund 10 minutes after check in I would look elsewhere for lodging. Rumor has it that Red Roof Inn across the street is a four-star property compared to this place. Management did not respond to any complaint inquiries and Knights Inn Corporate ended up handling the issue afterward.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed December 2, 2010

Not knowing the area, I made a reservation thinking I was getting a deal, what a mistake!!
When I arrived I found garbage in the parking lot, the room doors didn't look like they could survive a mild kick.
prostitutes and their respective Johns at the parking lot observing who was coming and leaving the hotel; when I got to the front desk that looked more like an auto pound clerks office (a 7'x4' "lobby" protected by bullet proof glass clerk's window)
At this point I knew I didn't need to check in to my room but to leave that area ASAP

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed May 27, 2009

We decided to trry and save a little money on the motelwe didnt need a pool or breakfast just a place to sleep.We came down for a Tigers game and usually stay in this vacinity and have never had any problems until now.The motel was almost 65.00 all together so i figured it couldnt be that bad.Boy was I wrong.
. The first room we went into was filthy tha carpet was gross,the comforter was hanging off the bed so i p0ulled it back there was sand and dirt all over the very wrinkled up sheets.lots of stains onthe sheets and the pillows.The bathroom door handle was missing and there was burns all over the tub.We then told them we would like a clean room and they must have given us an upgrade because this room had a old fridge with cig burns in it.There wasnt any dirt or sand on these sheets but they were still stained.I went to go look at the bathroom but was distracted by the used condom s and the wauded up toilet paper on the floor.!!!I said we are not staying here... of course my 9 year old son wanted to know what was on the floor.I wasnt going to teach my son about the birds and bees here.We went to gety our money back and they seeed surprised they did give us a 20% off our next stay if anyone is interested!! We went across the street and for 10.00 more we got a nice clean and save room to sleep.i do not recommend this Knights Inn to any one.It was the worst experience Ihave ever had..

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled with family
5  Thank alverno
Reviewed June 2, 2008

We stayed at the Knights Inn Madison Heights on 23 May 2008. This has to be the worst experience we have had to endure ever. The sheets & pillowcases were filthy with stains and hairs, obviously not been changed from the previous occupant. The floor was so dirty that you couldn't walk on it without picking up all sotrs of filth. The decor was dilapidated and the room smelt dirty. This Inn is a horrible place and we would not reccommend it to anyone - stay well clear.

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled with family