All reviews royal oak room was clean the breakfast area outdoor pool would stay here again complimentary breakfast waffles easy access pleasant stay great place to stay fitness center front desk staff convenient location very nice hotel business trip kara detroit
Selected filters
Reviewed November 1, 2018

The ac didn’t shut off I woke up freezing the clerk at night Danielle was the rudest clerk ever she hung up on me twice because I asked her to explain to me again what type of room she was going to give me because the night security guard lol couldn’t fix the ac issue etc the hairs in the tub simply disgusting

Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
HAPPYHOSPITALITY, General Manager at Hampton Inn Detroit / Madison Heights / South Troy, responded to this reviewResponded November 2, 2018

Thank you so much for your most valued business. I regret that we let you down so badly. It is our greatest hope that we make our guests feel welcome and at home.

I hope that you can forgive us. I have sent you a personal email as well, I hope that you will respond.
Typically we hear such lovely compliments about the staff about their friendliness.

Please know that we continuously replace the air conditioning/ heating devices throughout the hotel.
We are scheduled for a full renovation starting December 2018.

I hope that you can forgive us, and that we can make it up to you.

Tonya Lewis

Reviewed October 24, 2018

We were very satisfied with this Hampton. Everything was extremely clean, breakfast was delicious, and staff was very friendly. Definitely felt like we got our moneys worth out of our stay at Hampton.

Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you so very much for your most generous and kind review of the Hampton Inn Madison Heights, MI. We are so glad you enjoyed your stay.

Please join us again.

Tonya Lewis

Reviewed September 28, 2018

The hotel needs to be updated, there were walls with scratches. The bathroom has water stains on the ceilings and the elevator needed a cleaning. Tried to use the printer to print directions, it malfunction. I shouldn't have been surprised, the printer was very old.

• Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank KrissyShea
HAPPYHOSPITALITY, General Manager at Hampton Inn Detroit / Madison Heights / South Troy, responded to this reviewResponded October 1, 2018

Thank you for your stay with us. I am so sorry we let you down. We certainly try to keep the hotel looking clean and fresh. We will learn from your comments. Please know we are scheduled for a renovation soon.

I would love the opportunity to talk with you in more detail please contact the hotel if you are willing to discuss your stay with me at
248-585-8881.

Reviewed September 24, 2018

I had a friend's 40th birthday and instead of driving I booked a hotel room at the local Hamtpon Inn I could say that I was more than pleasantly surprised once I arrived and checked in! 5 stars for this local gem

• Trip type: Traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
HAPPYHOSPITALITY, General Manager at Hampton Inn Detroit / Madison Heights / South Troy, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2018

Wow! Thank you so much for your stay and lovely review of our hotel: Hampton Inn Madison Heights, MI.

We are grateful for your stay and review!

Reviewed September 21, 2018

This property was in the right location and usually Hamptons deliver but this one fell short. To be clear, the staff was fantastic, and the lobby and breakfast area were fine. But the rooms were very worn out and had that old mildew odor that accompanies rooms that are closed up and have super old carpet. All it needs is to refresh the rooms and the people that work there would deliver an outstanding experience.

• Trip type: Traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
HAPPYHOSPITALITY, General Manager at Hampton Inn Detroit / Madison Heights / South Troy, responded to this reviewResponded September 24, 2018

Thank you so much for your stay and feedback. I also replied to your survey/review via email.
We are scheduled for an upcoming refresh at the end of the year.
I do want to apologize for the smell you noted. We will work with the staff to ensure that problem is resolved for your future visits and for our other guests.