Hampton Inn Detroit / Madison Heights / South Troy
$59
$139
$119
Hotels.com
All reviewsroyal oakroom was cleanthe breakfast areaoutdoor poolfree weightswould stay here againcomplimentary breakfastwafflesnice breakfastbusiness centershopping and restaurantseasy accessstayed nightsking bedgreat place to stayhome away from homefresh fruit
Reviewed December 3, 2013

Rooms were great, but our room was close to the stairwell, and I wouldn't recommend staying in that room again. You could hear the door open and shut as if it was in your room. Lots of kids there that weekend, so that played into it. Nice choices for breakfast. Would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Tonya L, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Detroit / Madison Heights / South Troy, responded to this reviewResponded December 5, 2013

Dear Judy S.,

Thank you so much for taking time to share your feed back on Trip Advisor. We appreciate having our guests post reviews of the Hampton Inn Madison Heights.

Thank you for your valued business. I am sure many travelers will welcome and appreciate your tip about not staying in a guest room that is too close to the entry/exit door to the stair way.

We certainly hope you will keep in mind; perhaps for a future trip -- there are many weekends that the hotel isn't hosting a large group like a hockey team. Hampton Inn Madison Heights typically hosts hockey teams a few weekends a year. We make every effort to be gracious hosts to both our hockey teams as well as those other guests staying in the hotel the same time as our hockey teams.

Until we see you again...

Hotel Telephone #: 248-585-8881

Reviewed December 1, 2013

I was a little apprehensive being from the "northwoods" of Michigan that this location may be a little too near the less desirable areas of Detroit. It was just fine - the location is convenient for business you may need to do on the north or northwest side. Close to 696 and I-75. Clean, welcoming, and comfortable. It is lower cost than other Hamptons in other parts of the Detroit area.

2  Thank Michael P
Tonya L, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Detroit / Madison Heights / South Troy, responded to this reviewResponded December 3, 2013

Dear MichaelP,

Thank you for your review of the Hampton Inn Madison Heights.

We value your remarks, your time and consideration. We hear comments just like your frequently. We find in our experience that our guests love the location of this hotel and the close proximity to many activities in Downtown Detroit. Downtown Detroit is only 17 miles away; a quick drive down I-75 South – actually a real easy drive – most people drive about 70 -75 miles per hour in that area of the highway.

This hotel is within walking distance to a grocery store and a small strip mall - Value Center is the name of the grocery market – also there is an Outback Steakhouse located right in the parking lot of this little strip mall.

The nearest shopping mall is about .75 miles away and that is Oakland Mall, this location is a short walk from the hotel. There is one area where the traffic light is a bit tricky for walkers near the highway crossover between the hotel and the mall; however there is an 8 second delay to allow for walkers to cross over the highway.

Somerset Collection is an upscale designer mall and is about 8 minutes away from the Hampton Inn Madison Heights (less than 8 miles from the hotel).

Great Lakes Crossing Outlet Mall is 17 miles away – just north west of the hotel with a large selection of discount offers.

Reviewed November 26, 2013

Spent one evening for a quick shopping trip. We got a great rate being it was a Sunday evening.
The front desk was very friendly and accommodating. Room was clean and efficient, well stocked with towels, soap etc. The location is perfect for shopping(if you're coming from Canada), not far from the tunnel and close to many restaurants, malls, Target, Costco etc. Would definitely stay again.
We also received a lovely hand written note, nice personal touch. Breakfast in the morning was enough to get you going.
Only complaint would be the heavy door banging when guests are going in and out of their rooms.

Room Tip: Most rooms are on the smaller size, but they have rooms with refrigerators and microwaves that are larger.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank vacayseeker65

Dear Vacayseeker65,

Thank you for your review of the Hampton Inn Madison Heights.

We value your remarks, your time and consideration.
We are very glad that you enjoyed your stay. We appreciate the feedback regarding our hotel room doors as well. We will share your remarks with our hotel maintenance staff and seek out a remedy to minimize the disturbance from the hotel doors closing.

As you mentioned our deluxe rooms conveniently include a fridge and microwave. However please keep in mind that each hotel room has the exact same square footage; including our deluxe rooms. However many guests do find it very convenient to have a fridge and microwave in their room.

Reviewed November 26, 2013

Good Hotel, nice service, clean room best breakfast, frienddly staff, I will book again next time, good neighboorhood, close to highway , very conviniened for me because I work next door, but prices are a little to high, I expect next time a lower price and an upgrade next level of catagory of rooms.

Dear Wolfgang W,

Thank you for your review of the Hampton Inn Madison Heights.

We value your remarks, your time and consideration.

If we may add two points of consideration; when booking your next reservation please remember to mention the name of your employer just in case the hotel has an arrangement with your employer for a negotiated hotel rate. As you mentioned our deluxe rooms conveniently include a fridge and microwave. Based on availability we upgrade our Gold and Diamond Hilton HHonor's guests from a standard room to a deluxe room. There are a limited number of deluxe rooms to choose from.

Reviewed November 11, 2013

There were hairs all in the bathroom on the first night I was there. The second night I found long blank hairs on my pillow and on top of the comforter. The hot complimentary breakfast was of poor quality. Then when I got home, I realized that I had been charged double for my two night stay. I had to call and argue with the staff about an authorization debit on my checking account that I would not get back for 3 to 5 business days. Rediculous!!!!

Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Tonya L, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Detroit / Madison Heights / South Troy, responded to this reviewResponded November 13, 2013

Dear Shelby H.,

Thank you for your feedback. I understand that you were not completely satisfied and do apologize for the housekeeping problems you experienced. Unclean rooms are not typical at our hotel and we appreciate you bringing this to our attention. We will make every effort to ensure our rooms meet the highest housekeeping standards and that our guests are 100% satisfied with their stay.

Again, I sincerely apologize if you went through any inconvenience and I hope that next time you are in town, you will give us another opportunity to provide you with the exceptional service you deserve. Thank you once again for your comments.

My Best,

Director of Sales
Hampton Inn Madison Heights (Michigan)
dttmh_hampton@hilton.com or tonya.lewis@hilton.com