Hampton Inn Detroit / Madison Heights / South Troy
$109
Very Good 4/5
$109
TripAdvisor
All reviewsroyal oakroom was cleanthe breakfast areaoutdoor poolfree weightswould stay here againcomplimentary breakfastwafflesnice breakfastbusiness centershopping and restaurantseasy accessstayed nightsking bedgreat place to stayhome away from homefresh fruit
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 5, 2013

I live in California now, but I'm from Madison Heights/Royal Oak area so I come back to visit as much as we can. We almost always stay in this hotel and we love it. I have been staying here for the last few years since we had moved out of state. It is our home away from home when we are visiting home.

As far as the room goes: We have always had clean rooms. Never had an issue with cleanliness. The room is pretty standard, if you have stayed in a Hampton Inn the rooms here will be essentially the same. The beds are very comfortable in all of the Hilton family of hotels, and this is no different.

The location is in a good spot. You are close to the on ramp for I-75, so it's easy to get downtown for a sports game or night out and easy to go to wherever you might be traveling for business. There is fast food across the street and also my favorite coney island just down the street as well. There is also a bar across the street, you can walk to it.

The staff is all very nice and plesant. We had stayed here once in an emergency when my dad had passed and they were great.

We have stayed here a couple years ago when we got married and even decided to pay for a shuttle for our guests instead of staying at a hotel closer to the reception because we like this hotel so much and my wife wanted to make sure all of the family and friends from out of state would be happy with the hotel. She didn't want to take a chance with some other place we had never stayed at even though the wedding was 30 minutes away and there was plenty of options closer and wouldn't have needed a shuttle for the guests.

The hotel is always a good value, the price has always been reasonable to us and we like it. I have never had the breakfast here, I like the coney island so that's where we go. The pool is outdoor so if you come in the winter, that's not an option for you. There is no on-site restaurant and no room service, but there are 24 hour restaurants very close.

I have never had an issue here and we've stayed here a lot.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Tonya L, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Detroit / Madison Heights / South Troy, responded to this reviewResponded October 7, 2013

Dear Tinyku,

Thank you for sharing your experiences of the Hampton Inn Madison Heights with the readers of Trip Advisor.

I am very pleased that you have found the hotel to be so consistent and enjoyable over the years. And I certainly appreciate your referrals, thank you kindly.

The details that you shared in your review should prove to be very helpful to other travelers.

Thanks again for your time and most valued business.

Warmest Autumn Regards,

Reviewed October 5, 2013

We stayed here for 3 nights and overall it was OK, the cleanliness and facitlites were as exepected and the staff friendly. The 1 really annoying thing was the room - large enough but the position of the desk / hanging space unit was really poor - crammed in a corner with little room around it but another part oft he room had loads of space. A very slight change would have made a big differemce.
Website said McDonalds was adjacent - it isn't, it is across a busy road, walkng distance yes.
A number of reastaurants / bar are nearby and a few miles up the road is Clawson, a nice small town with a number of really good bars / restauarants, including a micro brew, Black Lotus. overall might syay here again, but would look at other options first.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business

Dear Woggsy,

Thank you for your feedback and review on Trip Advisor.
My sincere apology for the erroneous information on our website regarding there is a McDonald's adjacent to the hotel. I will have that information corrected immediately. You are right the McDonald's is up the block a bit approximately .25 miles up Stephenson Highway and across the street; the safest route to the McDonald's is to cross at the light at the corner of 14 Mile and Stephenson Highway.

Depending on the time of the day the traffic on Stephenson Highway can be very busy.
It is totally doable to walk to McDonald's from the hotel, but I realize it's not the same as having a McDonald's adjacent to the hotel.

I was so glad to read that you found the great venues near the hotel in Clawson, Michigan. Clawson is a great nearby city that is walkable say for someone that does enjoy a 15-20 minute walk, or bikeable for a 10 minute bike ride or a quick drive approximately 5 minutes away. You might be surprised to know that several guests have traveled to our area with their ten speed or touring bikes :-).

Thanks again for your attention to detail and for sharing your review on Trip Advisor.

We appreciate your time and valued business.

Best Regards,

Director of Sales
hotel email addresses: dttmh_hampton@hilton.com or tonya.lewis@hilton.com

Reviewed October 3, 2013

I've stayed at this Hampton Inn several times and have thoroughly enjoyed it. The staff is friendly and helpful and the accommodations are clean and modern. I would absolutely stay here on my next visit and recommend it to my family and friends.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Dear Mark H,

Thank you for your review of Hampton Inn Madison Heights on Trip Advisor.
I am very happy to read your review, I will share your comments with the entire staff.

We appreciate your valued time and business.

Best Regards,

Hotel Emails: dttmh_hampton@hilton.com or tonya.lewis@hilton.com

Reviewed October 2, 2013

Stayed 2 nights at this hotel, which tripadvisor rated as excellent
this was not the case for us.
Our issues were as follows:
Found cockroach in room, Poor cleanliness, such as sticky stains on phone handle, Hairs in tub, large brown Stain on mattress, Staff member insinuated we may have brought cockroach in our luggage _ very insulting. we would never stay at this hotel again.

J. Rombis

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
Tonya L, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Detroit / Madison Heights / South Troy, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2013

Dear J. Rombis,

Thank you for sharing your recent hotel experience with us by way of Trip Advisor and also via the Hilton customer service department. I am very sad to read and hear of your experience. I would be interested in communicating with you directly; the hotel email address is dttmh_hampton@hilton.com if you wish to communicate with me directly as well.

I want to apologize to you that our staff’s communication to you during your stay made you feel less than cared for, respected or valued as a guest of our hotel.

Please allow me to reassure you and other Trip Advisor readers that this hotel regularly inspects the hotel for insects this is done by onsite hotel staff members in addition the hotel utilizes an outside pest control company's services throughout the month to inspect and treat for insects.

Without being disrespectful to you or any of our cherished guests, please allow me to share it is possible that a guest could unwittingly bring an insect into the hotel attached to the bottom of their luggage and then along comes another guest like you Mr. Rombis and you happen to see the insect and report the concern to us.

We will research our records and confirm the particular room you were in to ensure that the following items have already been addressed in that room: the sticky stains on the phone handle, the hairs in the tub, and the large brown stain on the mattress.

Thank you again for bringing these concerns to our attention. We certain value our guests’ feedback.

Thousands of guests throughout the year call this hotel their "home away from home", my sincere apology that this wasn't your experience with us. We will strive harder to make sure everyone one of our guests feel valued and appreciated. We will use your comments to share with our departments to learn from; we are always looking for ways to improve our overall guest experience.

Once again, please accept our sincere apologies and I do hope we are afforded the opportunity to welcome you again to our beautiful hotel.

My Best,

Reviewed October 1, 2013

This Hampton Inn is a wonderful value with a delicious complete complimentary breakfast. The rooms are beautifully decorated and quiet in a safe and convenient location close to many restaurants and stores. Will definitely be back when staying in this area.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Dear Sailorjane,

Thank you for sharing your experience of Hampton Inn Madison Heights on Trip Advisor. The staff will be thrilled to hear of your enjoyable experience.

We do hope you will visit us again.

We certainly appreciated your valued business and always welcome the opportunity to read of our guests' experience of our hotel.

We wish you safe and enjoyable travels.

Warmest Regards,