“Nice property, no problems”

Hampton Inn Detroit / Madison Heights / South Troy
Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in Madison Heights
Reviewed February 22, 2012

This Hampton Inn is well-maintained, well-managed, clean and efficient. Very clean rooms, with big, comfortable beds. Very helpful and friendly staff. Great free breakfast, including hot entrees that rotate day-to-day. (Try the western omelette!). Free parking. Free wireless.

Room Tip: The ground floor rooms have room-darkening curtains, but not sheer curtains behind them.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
Tonya L, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Detroit / Madison Heights / South Troy, responded to this reviewResponded November 1, 2013

Dear DaveIndy,

Thank you for the great review of Hampton Inn Madison Heights (Michigan). We appreciate the helpful tips that you shared on Trip Advisor.

We do hear many great compliments about our guests' enjoyment of the Hampton Inn complimentary full breakfast bar; which is open to each of our guests from 6am - 10 am daily. Our typical breakfast bar includes: assorted breads, assorted cereals, assorted yogurts, fresh whole fruit, fruit salad, boiled eggs, fresh made waffles, hot oatmeal, eggs, assorted juices, assorted teas and assorted coffees and either bacon, turkey sausage or pork sausage.

Thanks again for your valued business, time and consideration.
Please accept our apology for the delay in acknowledging your review.

Warm Regards,

+1-248-585-9446 fax
dttmh_hampton@hilton.com

There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn Detroit / Madison Heights / South Troy

Reviewed February 20, 2012

This hotel is about 15-20 minutes from downtown Detroit which makes it a good option if you want to save money while visiting the city. Looking at a map, it appears that the hotel is next to the highway. It is, but the exit is about 2 miles south. Not a big deal and not difficult to get to the hotel but be prepared. This was my first stay at a Hampton. It's pretty standard. The desk clerk could have been more pleasant but that may be normal for Detroit as I ran into that at other places. The room is small - there's enough room to move around without bumping into furniture but that's about it. The bathroom, however, had plenty of room. The beds were comfortable. The towels could have used a lot less starch. Also, housekeeping could do a better job cleaning the shelves in the bathroom. It was obvious the joins between the shelf walls and bottom hadn't seen a good cleaning in a while. When the wood is dark, built-up dust is easy to see. Wifi was free and secure. The free breakfast was standard for this type of hotel - a mix of hot and cold foods served just off the lobby.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends
Tonya L, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Detroit / Madison Heights / South Troy, responded to this reviewResponded January 15, 2014

Dear CovingtonCat,

Thank you for your review of the Hampton Inn Madison Heights.

I see that we let you down during your stay in 2012. We strive to offer the best customer service to our guests. We want to "WOW" our guests!!

You might be surprised to read that we have had many wonderful guest reviews over the last two years. Perhaps we may have the honor of having you revisit the hotel in 2014!! We believe you will have an enjoyable stay with your next visit.

Reviewed February 2, 2012

I stayed at Hampton Inn for last week of January/early February ... staff is excellent, friendly, accommodating, and the room was perfect for me with microwave, refrigerator, flat screen, Internet wireless, comfortable king size bed, nice linens, and good HVAC system. Pricing is excellent with specials offered at various times, so ask about them ... and cannot end without mentioning one of the best hot breakfast selections I have encountered at any hotel displayed every morning. While I was there the offerings were Belgian waffles, omelets, french toast, bacon, oatmeal, breakfast breads, juices, fresh fruit and is available until 10 A.M. The 24/7 fresh coffee/tea station in the lobby is also a plus, with nightly cookies and other goodies available. Manager is certainly doing a wonderful job at this property. I will come back to this hotel when visiting the Oakland County area ... in fact I would drive an extra distance to stay at this location ... it is that good. There are other amenities I did not use like the fitness center and of course the outdoor pool in February, however they are there as well as a business center in the lobby area with copying/faxing/Internet etc. etc. ... Enjoy your stay, Michael T.

Room Tip: My tip would be to tell the person at the front desk what you need and they will accommodate if able...
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled solo
5  Thank Michael T

Dear Michael T,

We are remiss that we are just responding to your review from 2012. We wish to thank you graciously for your review of the Hampton Inn Madison Heights. We are so glad you had an enjoyable stay with us back in 2012. We are certain that your review has proven valuable for many travelers over the last two years. Your comments about the hotel were thorough and pertinent.

We thank you for your valued business.

Please join us again, especially if you haven't over the last two years.

Reviewed January 31, 2012

They did a large retrofit of this hotel, removing most of their bathtubs and opening windows. They also made it non-smoking. We always had issues with this place with smoke. A number of the floors were smoking and the smell permeated everything.

We received a special offer from them for the Jan 27th weekend for $49pn. We decided to try them again for that price. We have recently changed to the Fairfield Inn, which is next door to them, usually less expensive and always smoke free.

We were given a room on the 4th floor, which smelled, and changed to another, also on the 4th Floor. We ended up getting the stench of smoke coming in to the vent in the bathroom. I complained three times but they could do nothing to find the person smoking. They told me that they would do nothing anyway to them, even if they were located.

The room was also quite stuffy, no windows opened. I made sure not to have an ajoining room as the noise can sometimes be a factor. I had noise anyway - 4AM - very thin walls I guess. I had the AC fan on all the time to try to bring in some fresh air but it was quite noisey.The hotel was not very crowded.

Breakfasts are good, room is clean. In closing, I think that we will go back to the Fairfield Inn for our next visit.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the third floor if you want a room that has a window that can be forced open by a...
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
Rodney J, General Manager at Hampton Inn Detroit / Madison Heights / South Troy, responded to this reviewResponded February 9, 2012

Our sincerest apology for your unfortunate inconvenience you experienced with the smell of smoke, during your recent stay. Please know that this was not a typical weekend for this hotel due to there being a onetime group in house that weekend. As you may know Michigan became a state where smoking is prohibited in most public places as of May, 2010. This hotel is indeed a non-smoking hotel and has been completely renovated. Preventing guests from smoking in the hotel rooms is vitally important to us and our customers. Unfortunately we don't catch every person who smokes in a room. But we make every effort to insure our guests are comfortable. We would welcome another opportunity to have you experience a better stay with us, at your earliest convenience please give us a call.

Best Regards,
Rodney Jackson

Reviewed January 30, 2012

For a Hampton Inn, the rooms were very nice, spacious and comfortable. The breakfast was good. The staff was helpful. The only complaint I had was that it was noisy. The walls seemed to be a little thin but it was also New Years Eve when I stayed so it was a little roudy in the hallways. I think if you stayed here on a regular night it would be much quieter. Overall, it was a good hotel and I was pleasantly surprised.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Ann R.,

Please accept our apology for not responding to your Trip Advisor review sooner.

We thank you for your valued business.

Please join us again, especially if you haven't over the last two years.

Reviewed January 5, 2012

I reviewed this place in August and have stayed twice since. My positive feelings have not changed. The people who work there were great. On one of the occasions, I was "guest of the day," and received a room upgrade and a little goodies basket. I noticed one of the reviewers claimed to have experienced bed bugs here. Having stayed three times in the past few months, I have never had a single issue in that regard or any other. When there is a 'special,' (holiday, weekends) the value is excellent. This is a place I continue to recommend.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with friends

Dear Jdetroit13;

We wish to thank you graciously for your review of the Hampton Inn Madison Heights. We are so glad you had an enjoyable stay with us back in 2012 and that you enjoyed the special honor of being "Guest of the Day".

We thank you for your valued business and repeated stays with us.

Reviewed December 14, 2011

I stayed at this Hampton Inn for one night whilst on business.

I think it is in a good location, in an industrial/office area, so felt safe and it was quiet on a Sunday night. Hotel was very easy to find and had alot of well-lit parking.

The hotel was clean, realtively quiet and well laid out. It is obviously geared towards business customers and there were signs everywhere welcoming guests. Every staff member was polite, helpful and seemed to care about my welfare.

I stayed in a king-bed corner room, which was clean, comfortable and quiet! The room was a little on the small side and the bathroom was small. No bath-tub, just a shower, but this was OK and the water pressure was good.

Only real issues were that the AC/Heater is a little on the loud side and quite strong for such a small space. I woke up with a sore throat.

The internet connection, as with ALL Hampton Inns, is quite slow and this is annoying.

One starge issue is that the water level in the toilet bowl was a bit too high! This can be a bit of an issue for us guys, if you know what I mean!!!!!

Breakfast was typical Hampton Inn, it was more than adequate and there was a lovely lady running the breakfast area. Check-In and check-out was swift and efficient.

Just a very short drive to malls, supermarkets, restaurants and the Interstate.

Overall a pleasant stay and I would stay here again if I am in the area.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business
ROADWARRIORSDTTMH, General Manager at Hampton Inn Detroit / Madison Heights / South Troy, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2016

Thank you so much for your review. I realize this note is a bit late in coming :-)..

Tonya Lewis
248-585-8881 - Press Option #2 or Extension 500
248-585-9446 fax
tonya.lewis@hilton.com
It’s my honor to serve! ツ

Also consider these accommodations in or near Madison Heights
Baymont Inn & Suites Madison Heights Detroit Area
Candlewood Suites Detroit - Troy
Hampton Inn & Suites Detroit / Troy
Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Detroit Troy
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Detroit North - Troy
Red Roof Inn Detroit Madison Heights

Been to Hampton Inn Detroit / Madison Heights / South Troy? Share your experiences!