“Cozy breakfast spot”

Dining options: Breakfast
Troy, Michigan
“Cozy breakfast spot”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

When it comes to dining options on John R, I've always thought of it as Oakland County's Chinatown. But I was pleasantly surprised by this breakfast spot. The place was bustling on a Sunday, but the friendly, attentive staff kept the plates & customers moving.

The only down-side is the limited parking in the designated lot, but there is ample street parking behind the restaurant.

• Visited April 2013

Oakland Township, MI
“Totally Yummy Breakfast”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

We were down in this area running errands, and not really sure where to eat, but came across this place - looks a little kitchy outside - and we had a 25 minute wait, but WOW, did we have a Yummy Breakfast! Service was fast and polite, even though the kitchen was handling 3 large parties of 6+ tables. Once we were seated, service was fast and friendly. Our breakfast was also served promptly and smoking hot. Coffee was fresh and good. The Kelly's omelette (spinach, bacon and gouda) was light, fluffy, and delicious. The Wild West omelette was also delicious, and both were served with hash browns and a small fruit serving. The huge, decadent French Toast was mouth-watering and also totally yummy. We're not down in the area very often, but we would DEFINATELY stop in again, even if there was a wait.

• Visited February 2013
Michigan
“Wonderful place, worth a drive!”
Reviewed December 17, 2012

Great place with a satisfying menu for everyone. Service is always great and if there is a line it normally goes quickly. Everything we have had from the menu is so good and tasty.

• Visited November 2012
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Would never pay for such poor service again”
Reviewed December 9, 2012

After waiting 30 minutes for a table (I would not mind the wait if the food was great and the service impeccable), we were cattle herded to our table by a women who's definition of how to properly speak to customers is to yell and verbally belittle them. I personally do not care how good the food is, if I'm going to be treated poorly, then I'd rather cook at home. The food was not hot, and tast was just ok. Unfortunately, I would not recommend this resteraunt following my experience.

1 Thank MandyBuc
Rochester, Michigan
“Never again, used to like it here”
Reviewed November 22, 2012

I have had nice experiences in the past, good food, ok service, but after last weekend never again. To start with the food was just not up to expectations. My wife had the signature French toast and it was hard as a rock. The waitress was ok, but not overly attentive. I was trying to pay the bill quietly with the server because we were treating friends, and the host guy was rude to me as I happened to be standing in his "spot". The final straw for us though was as we were leaving, an older waitress, not even our waitress rudely walked up to my wife and nformed her she could not have an outside water bottle in the restaurant. My wife is pregnant, and she has to drink water all the time, and for a fact the health department has ruled an establishment cannot and should not prevent people from having bottled water. She does not care for the taste of tap water right now... Anyways, this lady proceeded to argue with my wife and our friends who are in the restaurant business. This was completely unacceptable and just put a stamp on a subpar experience...there are many better options such as The Pantry, Downtown Cafe, etc... It just isn't worth it.

3 Thank Michael C