“Ask to sit in Amanda's section”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Texas Roadhouse

Texas Roadhouse
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Hazel Park, Michigan
“Ask to sit in Amanda's section”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2013

It was too hot to cook at home tonight and we had a coupon for a free appetizer. Let's eat. We walked right in and were seated in the bar area, witch is perfect because fewer screaming kids. Some day I hope to find a nice place that bars kids during dinner. Oh well one can dream ;). Amanda was right on the spot with our drink order and the rolls are always nice. Our order was taken right after the ice cold pop was on the table. We had the big onion witch was nice and crunchy. I like the fact that you can have a salad as a side. My doc says I should eat green things from time to time. Dinner was for me chicken critters and J had the six ounce sirloin with baked potato. All the food is what I expect from Texas roadhouse (very good) but the story tonight was Amanda. Pop refills arrived before they were needed and she was prompt and pleasant. Good food, great service what more could you ask for??? Thanks for a nice night out.

• Visited May 2013
2 Thank Mike64242

TROY
“DONT bring LARGE GROUP to THIS location - MADISON HEIGHTS”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 19, 2013

We had a group of 8 people and were surprised to find out that the tables are screwed to the floor, which meant that they could not put the table together to accomodate larger groups.

We arrived and they had set up 2 booths set up across from each other - I told them we had a wheel chair and a walker when I made reservations.

I told them that was not acceptable and they brought us to the other end of the restaruant where they had open tables.. but the tables were SCREWED TO THE FLOOR which meant we could not put the tables together.. these tables were the size that 2 people could sit at, so we could not hold a conversation. I had to get up and walk down to talk to the people at the other end of our small group of 8. NO KIDDING.

This location insists on adding the 15% granularity to the tip, where others don't do this if you ask. I told this to the manager and he agreed that other stores don't mandate the 15%, but he will not budge on this at his store. A tip is a privilege and totally optional.... it is for good or great service and I have never liked it when they automatically add it on. We have tipping because the restaurant industry insists in paying their staff below minimum wage...

I suggest that you bring your large groups to another restaurant, or at least a different Texas road house.

• Visited May 2013
Troy
“Entertainment and a Charbroiled Steak”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013

I was a diehard Outback Steakhouse gal, up until my Argentine friends convinced me to go to Texas Roadhouse. We did the call ahead which was a good thing. People were lined up outside. Good sign...but I wasn't convinced just yet. Upon their suggestion we ordered the Prime Rib Steak and typical red wine, according to South American habit. The whole peanuts kept us busy while we waited for our fare to arrive.

It was almost 8:00 and all of a sudden I could see the wait staff lining up in the middle of the aisle. They were doing a western line dance which was so much fun! They took a mini moment to bring some life into the place in addition to celebrating birthdays with a round of YeHa's.

The steaks were served exactly the way we requested. The steaks were fresh and well seasoned. The house salads were crisp and the baked potatoes and sides were just as good. Every since that day..... my heart swung towards Texas....and I'm not heading to Australia any time soon!

It's a fun place to eat... the music is country western and lively. The drinks are generous and the prices are fair. See ya there partner!

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank CarolineinTroy
Detroit, MI
“I've got a thing for the Spiked Sweet Teas”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2013

I ordered a peach sweet tea, which has vodka flavored sweet tea in it. Not for the faint at heart. For $5.00 US you cant beat it. I inadvertently obtained a raspberry tea instead and loved it more than the peach. Ive been back a second time in two weeks just for this sweet drink and of course the rolls since I love carbs!

Visited February 2013
Windsor, Canada
“Great”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

Fast service, fresh food ! great cook ( Wale (?) Amazing atmosphere. The prices are great too! Worth driving there

Visited January 2013