“Second time is a charm!!”

Thang Long Thai & Vietnamese
Ranked #19 of 116 Restaurants in Madison Heights
Cuisines: Vietnamese
Good for: Families with children
Good for: Families with children
Reviewed August 20, 2013

I tried to eat here over the weekend, but I was too early and they were not open yet. I drove to another Vietnamese restaurant for my weekend morning pho tai. I just ate here and had the pho tai and crab & shrimp egg roll. WOW!! The pho tai is very good and the egg roll was awesome. I am glad I went back in the evening and tried the food. The very beautiful waitress, Susan, was very polite and has a very warm smile. It is not that fancy inside, but it is not dull either. It is a nice and clean place to eat. On the way out the gentleman behind the desk struck up a very nice conversation with me. I really enjoyed this place and will return. I want to try the vermicelli noodles and pork next time as well as see Susan's smile again. Stop in and have some great food.

Reviewed July 24, 2013

My lunch was just out of this world. So tasty & delish. I had a lunch combination which included a spring roll and Hue soup. I loved it. The lunch price was amazing -- $8 pp. Food came up hot and very well presented.

Started with the soup. The meats were so flavorful and melted in my mouth combined with rice and vermicelli noodles plus veggies. Just the right amount of spice for my boring western palette.

Then I had a veggie/chicken lunch special w/rice, which did not contain MSG. I scarfed it down like no tomorrow. Veggies were fresh. The mushrooms to die for they were so delectable and looked like mini toadstools.

Light and somewhat spicy sauce came with the spring roll. When done dipping, I poured it over the entree -- exquisite.

This restaurant didn't have to charm with cool music/
atmosphere. The food alone did that.

Get the Bubble Tea -- so cool & refreshing.

I come here every so often -- mainly for lunch because it is so abundant and wonderful. I've noticed that a lot of biz folks dine here, too.

A reviewer said you could bring your own bottle of wine. If so, my choice would be a Blanc de Blanc, a perfect pairing.

Plenty of parking. Wonderful wait staff. Very clean restaurant.

Reviewed February 20, 2013

This is where we went for the celebration of my brother's 30th birthday and I was amazed. I was a little boring and got the Pho with beef, but it was amazing. The small bowl was enough to feed a family and it was amazing. A friend got a more traditional pho with a blood pudding with it and they brought a sample of it before a whole bowl to make sure he liked it. That was also amazingly good. One brother got the curry pancake and that is what I will get next time. It was very family friendly and I loved it. It was a super treat going here for my brother's birthday and I will be back in a flash. Not a fancy dinner, but everything was great. We brought our own wine and beer and it was a great compliment to the dinner.

Reviewed November 29, 2011

I haven't found one thing I didn't like. The price range is NOT 20-35$, the lunch menu is a GREAT price--like maybe 9-12$ for soup, meal, and spring roll. Dinner portions are large as well, enough to take home with you for a meal or two. Their chicken/pork fried rice is great, and any pad thai dish you pick is probably a winner. The menu is huge, but don't let that dissuade you--the waitress are helpful in picking out something for you--they're so nice! I eat here all the time and never get tired of it. Sometimes their music choice is a little amusing though. :)

Reviewed November 7, 2011

As other reviewers said, forget ambiance and setting - this is in a strip mall, a step above a VFW hall. you'll also want to forget the service, if you're not a regular. but i'd be back in a heartbeat! Everything tasted incredibly fresh and was an absolute delight. Does not serve alcohol, but I noticed other tables bringing their own booze; not a bad idea! Actually another good idea would be to get carry out and eat the food at home! :)

1  Thank malalucina