“We Waited.........”

Red Robin of Madison Heights
Ranked #21 of 123 Restaurants in Madison Heights
Cuisines: American
Reviewed July 14, 2013

We waited to have our order taken. We waited to be served our drinks. We waited for our food. We ate our food. Then we waited for our check. We waited for her to come back and get the money for the check. Finally, I took the money to her. Then she tried to short change me by 29 cents, but hey, that was not right. The food was okay. The seat in the booth had a big tear and the insides were showing. The floor was filthy. Many things were dusty or dirty.

Reviewed May 24, 2013

My wife and I have been going here for years. In the past we have gotten good food a service here, but this last visit has been less than pleasant. Our server was nice, but he seemed like he was rushing us. We had just sat down when he asked if we were ready to order. We told him we'd like a few minutes to look over the menu, but would like to place our drink order. So he took our drink order and was back in like 2 minutes with them, which is great, but he was very insistent that we order. Today him we weren't quite ready, to which he huffed and walked away. Came back not 1 minute later asking if we were ready, we said fine, yes, just to appease him. Our food came out quickly, which again, was nice, but we still felt very rushed. So wrong ate, and servers started clearing our table before we were even done. I mean, I was down to my broccoli side and my wife was working on her coleslaw, but jeez, let us at least finish it all. At that point we had the bill, my wife left to use the restroom and then said she'd meet me in the car while I paid the bill. So I put my card in the bill holder, set it at the side of the table.... And waited. And waited and waited and waited. 15 minutes later the guy came by, 'Oh are you ready to pay now?' Now I went from feeling rushed, to ignored. Took him another 15 to come back with my card and the slip to sign. I understand restaurants wanting to turn tables over to increase the number of people that can be seated, but they weren't even busy. At all. There were like 4 other tables with people. Maybe I just caught them on an off night, but over my last few visit, the service and food has just gone downhill. Probably won't be going back.

Reviewed January 7, 2013

I will start off that I normally do not eat at chain restaurants. I avoid them. However, having children,we sometimes end up at one. I really like Red Robin, it is always good. If we have a craving for burgers, this place is always on the list to go to.

Reviewed December 17, 2012

This place has really good burgers, but not too much of anything else. Our waitress asked us for our drink order so fast that we didn't even get to look at the menu yet, I would of ordered a milkshake had I looked through the menu, also she asked if we wanted more fries when we were done eating! Unfortunately she brought us our bill and didn't even ask us if we wanted dessert, so we didn't bother. Like I said though, the burger I had was good.

Reviewed October 25, 2012

The other day we were in the mood for hamburgers and decided to go to Red Robin. We only go to Red Robin every once in a while because of distance, but after our most recent experience may start going more often. The waiter, Nick, was on the ball drinks never got empty, food was served hot & fresh, and he seemed to really enjoy what he was doing. I highly encourage you to check it out when in the area.