“best pizza in town...period”

Green Lantern Lounge
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night
New Baltimore, Michigan
“best pizza in town...period”
Reviewed December 16, 2013

I always enjoy going back to michigan... one of my favorite things to do is go out with the family to green lanterns... brings back great memories and the food is always great!!! cant wait until my next visit!!!

• Visited March 2013

Detroit, Michigan
“Cozy, fun for small groups”
Reviewed October 14, 2013

My daughter and I went to The Green Lantern Lounge for pizza last week. This pizzaria's cozy atmosphere had us leaning forward and shooting the breeze. Our waitress was very accomodating, bringing me the "fixings" for my British tea with a smile. We had the garlic bread sticksfor our appitizers, then asked for a slightly complicated pizza for the main course. My daughter wanted no cheese, on her half of the pizza, but asked for banana peppers (which I didn't want). Both of us wanted sausage and mushrooms...still the waitress didn't complain and brought us exactly what each of us wanted.

There was no pressure to leave, so we stayed for a while. Both of us want to go back and would highly recommend the place to small groups. I wouldn't suggest it for people with young children...I didn't see any there anyway... the seating is too close for highchairs.

• Visited October 2013
Detroit
“Best Pizza in Town”
Reviewed September 4, 2013

I know that is SO CLICHE. But, I do believe the Lantern wins this one, and I have eaten a lotta pies in Oakland County. Expect a line, and cramped seating. Harried wait staff often appears to overlook you. Be patient, and ask for a new beer long before your other one is empty. Plan ahead.
My only complaint with the Green Lantern (none of those comments above should be considered complaints, you ARE gonna have the best pizza in town...) is that they use those rubbery canned mushrooms. So, skip the fungus on your pies, but definitely order pies!

Visited August 2013
Mumbai (Bombay), India
“Different, but not necessarily better”
Reviewed August 13, 2013

Many people love this place, but my dining companion and I were disappointed.

We each ordered the "everything" pizza, hers on thin crust, mine on thick.

Food Positives:
+ LOTS of toppings. Far more than on a typical pizza from a chain or neighborhood joint
+ Onions were only lightly cooked, so they were pungent
+ Bottomless soft drinks are appreciated

Food Negatives:
- Pepperoni slices were thick and very lightly cooked, very unlike what you get on a typical pizza, and not to my liking or the liking of my dining companion, who likened it to bad-tasting salami
- Deep dish crust was unappealing, not quite soft enough or flavorful enough in the middle, and too crispy on the bottom
- Big problem, most likely due to a coordination issue in the kitchen: the thin crust pizza came to the table hot, but my deep dish pizza was only slightly warmer than room temperature. I noted that another party that came in and ordered after us was served before us, so I'm guessing that they cook thin and thick crust pizzas in different ovens, and mine was done several minutes before my companion's.

General Comments:
+ Very personable and helpful staff
+ Convivial atmosphere. Other diners seemed to having a good time
+ The sandwiches that passed our table looked very appetizing
- The pricing was equal to what we would pay for a meal at a 4-star restaurant. True, our medium pizzas were big enough to last for three meals apiece, but we did not feel that we got good value for our money.

Bottom line: there must be something very good about this restaurant to merit so many top reviews, but our experience didn't reflect it. Expect your food to be out of the ordinary; but whether you find it better or worse than a typical pizza will depend on your taste.

• Visited August 2013
Madison Heights, Michigan
“Yumm Time”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Love the staff; they are very friendly and helpful. Our pizza was beyond awesome. The cook even came out to check on our order. We made up our own pizza with different sauces on it and toppings than a normal pizza and it was beyond delish!

• Visited May 2013