“Know what you're paying for.....”

Fuji Japanese Buffet
Ranked #10 of 116 Restaurants in Madison Heights
Cuisines: Asian
Description: You have this listed at Taiwan Buffet, but at this address it is really Fuji Japanese Buffet, see: http://www.yelp.com/biz/fuji-japanese-buffet-madison-heights and the site listed above.
Michigan
“Know what you're paying for.....”
Reviewed February 18, 2013

My daughter & I went to Fuji today (Monday) because their lunch buffet is $12.99. After we were done we were handed our bill. Imagine our surprise when we saw our lunches were $15.99? When we asked our server why she said because its a holiday. It's Presidents' Day for heavens sake. We were charged $3 more because they offered crawfish on the buffet (we dont like crawfish). Our server was wonderful, kept our dirty disses cleared & our drinks filled. But beware of their sudden price jump. The other thing is nowhere on their web site does it say that the lunch prices go up. It will be a long time before we return to this establishment.

• Visited February 2013

Amherstburg, Canada
“Pretty Good...”
Reviewed January 26, 2013 via mobile

Go for the sushi, forget about the rest! Everything else I tried at the buffet was so so.. The service was great, really tho the only thing I liked was the sushi, and they had seaweed salad!

Detroit, Michigan
“As Asian Buffets Go This Is A Good One”
Reviewed September 17, 2012

We've dined here many times and have always had a pleasant experience. Our most recent meal came at lunch on a Saturday afternoon.

The place was at least half full and many of the diners were of Asian descent. That's always a good sign when you're eating at an Asian restaurant.

The choices are unbelievable. Tempura shrimp and veggies, fried shrimp, tiny clams, various beef and chicken dishes, dumplings, sushi, veggies, noodle and rice dishes, crawfish and on and on. They have various salads and some exotic things to eat, to non-Asians, like jellyfish and chicken feet. They even had steamed blue crab on our most recent lunch visit.

One thing caught my attention during this visit. Something I hadn't had since a few years ago when we visited Southeast Asia and that would be congee! It's a rice porridge usually with a chicken broth. They even offer it at business lounges at Singapore's Changi Airport and Seoul's Incheon Airport. And it was quite good at this restaurant.

If you hit this place during dinner service they feature cherry stone clams, snow crab legs, and as a special this month, lobster.

They have a nice desert table and self serve ice cream with several flavors.

The decor is rich with lots of food and it's odd because as you park in the strip mall parking lot and look at the exterior, you'd think this would be a small restaurant. But once you enter it's amazingly big inside.

The servers are always pleasant and at the ready to take your "spent" plates away.

Of all the Asian buffets we've ever sampled around the nation (and we don't go all that often), this is probably the best we've experienced and based on several meals here, I'd highly recommend it to you.

• Visited September 2012
Ann Arbor, Michigan
“The best real asian food around”
Reviewed July 29, 2012

If you don't like this place, you don't like Asian cuisine. The selection is unbelievable with many traditional dishes that you must try. My only disappointment is that I didn't have enough room in my belly to try thy the huge sushi offering. The wait staff was attentive, friendly, and reliable. As I mention in my other reviews, if you walk into a place that is filled the people of that culture, you have found something special. This is definitely one of those places. A must try for excellent Asian food.

Farmington, Connecticut
“Terrific sushi, wide selection of other Asian foods”
Reviewed July 22, 2012 via mobile

Fuji Buffet is one of my favorite restaurants in the Madison Heights area. The sushi is outstanding, and I like the selection of other Asian foods at the buffet, including Thai, Japanese, and Chinese specialties. The food is fresh tasting and obviously of high quality.