“BEWARE OF THIS MOTEL”

Ranked #7 of 9 Hotels in Madison Heights
Detroit, Michigan
“BEWARE OF THIS MOTEL”
Reviewed March 5, 2011

If you have to book a room in Madison Heights, MI., do not book your room at this Motel 6. Even though their price is reasonable you pay for what you get. I have been here three times (one of the three times includes recently 3/4/11) and nothing has changed. They have poor channel line-up on their television sets. The motel is set up like a sleazy motel. The rooms are not cozy at all. There are just bare walls no pictures or anything. When I checked in yesterday I went to the bathroom and the toilet tissue roll didn’t have tissue on it. Although, they left another roll of tissue on the back of the toilet; I was really displeased that they didn’t start me with a fresh roll. As far as the staff goes they are completely rude and some don’t wear name badges.
In fact, one time I checked in; this one guy gave me a room that was already occupied. When I tried to tell him it was already occupied, he told me that sometimes they “leave the light on for you.” and had the nerve to ask for a tip. When, I checked in yesterday; the person who checked me in had an attitude. I asked for an upstairs room and with attitude she said those rooms aren’t clean yet. If check in time is 1:00 p.m. (and I checked in at 1:50 p.m.) how are they not clean? Then, when I checked out today one of the staff members dropped some change and used profanity in front of me like it was okay. They lack professional etiquette. I would much rather stay at the Red Roof Inn that is right across from them (I usually stay there) they are one hundred times better than this horrible Motel.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled solo
2 Thank cosmicgrlladisi

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Macomb Township, MI
Reviewed May 10, 2007

Great budget hotel.

• Stayed May 2007, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Madison Heights
Red Roof Inn Detroit Madison Heights
Hampton Inn Detroit / Madison Heights / South Troy
Candlewood Suites Detroit - Troy
Extended Stay America - Detroit - Madison Heights
Extended Stay America - Detroit ...
#5 of 9 in Madison Heights
Baymont Inn & Suites Madison Heights Detroit Area
Quality Inn Detroit - Troy

Been to Motel 6 Detroit NE - Madison Heights? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Motel 6 Detroit NE - Madison Heights

Property: Motel 6 Detroit NE - Madison Heights
Address: 32700 Barrington St, I-75 at Exit 65A/14 Mile Rd, Madison Heights, MI 48071-1346
Location: United States > Michigan > Madison Heights
Free Parking Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Wheelchair access
Ranked #7 of 9 Hotels in Madison Heights
Hotel Class:2 star — Motel 6 Detroit NE - Madison Heights 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Cancelon, Travelocity, Priceline, Cheap Tickets and Motel-6 so you can book your Motel 6 Detroit NE - Madison Heights reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Motel 6 Madison Heights