All reviews front desk ice cold water awesome customer service redroof inn room was clean place to stay awesome stay the general manager mini fridge enjoyed my stay business trip armani motel michigan connie maintenance
Selected filters
Reviewed May 22, 2018 via mobile

Where do I start? Stayed here in May 2018. Room 126 cleary deals drugs, people in and out all day and all night (5-6/hour) Prostitutes all over this place. Our rooms security lock was broken and seemed like someone kicked the door in. Seems like the only good reviews are the ones that are staying here weekly/living here. This is the first hotel I've ever stayed at that I didn't feel safe. STAY AWAY!!!

Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank MikkiMoore
April S, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Detroit - Royal Oak/ Madison Heights, responded to this reviewResponded June 5, 2018

I just want to apologize for the security latch being broken in your room; we are taking action on correcting things on property. I can assure you that no one kicked in the door of the room. If you would like to discuss the issues you had at my property, please feel free to reach out to me. I am always available. We value you as a guest, and appreciate the feedback so that the appropriate measures can be taken.

Reviewed May 18, 2018 via mobile

I stayed at this redroof weekly and the staff here is amazing nothing but love over there one staff memeber that is extremly amazing is armani always respectful and april the general manager is also amazing and respectful love the staff here housekeepers clean the rooms very good love it never will change to any redroof

Trip type: Traveled solo

Thank you very much for your response! We appreciate your business!

Reviewed May 14, 2018 via mobile

Great guest service from Armani! Room was clean and slightly updated. Haven’t stayed at a red roof inn in forever if ever. Was totally surprised that I enjoyed my stay and felt comfortable. Really was just trying to save some money. Will return.

Trip type: Traveled solo

Thank you very much Tiffany for your review! I am happy to see that we exceeded your expectations. Please make sure you visit us again soon.

Reviewed May 14, 2018 via mobile

The staff were excellent. They answered all our questions and were very helpful especially Armani.The room was clean and cozy and I didn't lack entertainment with the AMC theatre and many shopping centers around.

Trip type: Traveled with family

Thank you for your feedback! I will be sure to acknowledge Armani for the great customer service and also my housekeeping staff. Hope to see you again at Red Roof Madison Heights!

Reviewed April 30, 2018

Given that this property is in the northern suburbs of Detroit, the price was very good. The bed and pillows were comfortable -- and with the A/C fan running all night, I didn't hear any noise from adjacent rooms. But there was no in-room coffeemaker, the shelving in the mini-fridge was missing, and cosmetically, the bath tub had seen much better days and should be replaced! Further, the wood flooring (i.e., there was no carpeting) was in poor condition, and the dresser needs to be replaced because the drawers are damaged (apparently an attempted repair was made using "plastic wood") and they cannot be closed. And, although I had a reservation, when I tried to check in at 3:20 on a Saturday afternoon, no cleaned rooms were available. And people ahead of me were told the same thing. So several customers had to wait for their rooms -- in a tiny lobby that sat exactly two people! I finally got my room at 3:40 p.m. I was in town to attend an early evening funeral visitation, and I needed to change. So I didn't appreciate the 20-minute wait! Because of the price -- especially on a weekend -- I might stay at this property again. But "price" is one of this property's few selling points.

Date of stay: April 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled solo

I just want to apologize for your check in experience. We are improving our property on a daily bases to insure this issue does not occur again in the future. We value you as a guest, and would love to have you visit us again.