“Great Location!”

Red Roof Inn Detroit Madison Heights
Ranked #5 of 9 Hotels in Madison Heights
Reviewed December 18, 2012

Overall, I have been very pleased with my stay at the Red Roof Inn-Madison Heights, MI. It is surrounded by many points of interest to me. It is directly across the street from the mall and there are also many restaurants within walking distance. Also, the front desk staff is very friendly, courteous, and attentive. The housekeeping staff is equally customer-friendly and accommodating.

I had an issue with the dead-bolt on the door of my new room which was I upgraded to and the manager came up first thing in the morning himself and quickly fixed the lock for me. I would definitely stay here again when visiting the area.

Room Tip: The second floor rooms on the south side of the property are very peaceful and quiet. All the rooms...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Greg M, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Detroit Madison Heights, responded to this reviewResponded December 20, 2012

Our housekeeping and front desk staff would like to thank you for your positive feedback. Our entire staff works as a team to ensure that our guests enjoy their stay from the moment they enter our doors until the second they leave and every moment in between. We welcome you back on your next visit to the Madison Heights area. Thanks again!

Reviewed December 14, 2012

The rooms are nice, the service excellent, and they appreciate there customers and always tryin to save you money.. The make you fill rite at home.. i wil always make red roof in my first choice for price and for an overall pleasant stay.

• Stayed: December 2012
2  Thank leewilliams1
Greg M, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Detroit Madison Heights, responded to this reviewResponded December 15, 2012

On behalf of your Red Roof family here in Madison Heights, we thank you for your continued loyalty! We take special pride in ensuring that our guests are happy with their accommodations, our service and with their stay. We recognize that our valued guests have choices ....... and we are happy that you've made your choice with us! We hope to see you soon on your next visit to Madison Heights!

Reviewed December 14, 2012

This hotel selection is nice, location is near several department stores, restaurants, and mall. The friendly customer representatives made our stay worth the stay. I would refer this place to anyone looking for a really nice stay/ service...

• Stayed: December 2012
1  Thank Mz_Nesha25

Thank you so very much for taking the time to share your comments with us. We recognize that our valued guests certainly have many choices in their hotel accommodations. So we are delighted when guests choose Red Roof Inn Madison Heights! Our goal is not only to provide quality accommodations at affordable prices ...... but to ensure an excellent customer service experience as well. We are pleased that we accomplished both in your stay. Additionally, we thank you in advance for your verbal recommendations for our hotel, as word-of-mouth experiences are truly valuable. Again, thank you for your time, and thank you for your stay!

Reviewed November 25, 2012

My Wife and I were Very satified with our stay on 11/21/12. The room was very clean,Bed was very comfortabe.
The Front Desk was very personable and helpfull. Very Reasonable prices. Really Quite all night.

We will Definately stay there again.Was there for the Lions Game and it is only about 15 minutes away
F.T.
P.S. I read the other reviews -----That was not our experience at all---

Room Tip: No room is faceing the main road and therefore it is very Quite.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Farrell T
Greg M, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Detroit Madison Heights, responded to this reviewResponded November 28, 2012

Thank you so very much for your positive feedback! We are delighted that you were pleased with your room, your sleeping accommodations and our staff. On behalf of our entire Red Roof Inn team, we THANK YOU and hope you will return!

Reviewed November 20, 2012

I was very unsatisfied with my stay on Friday, November 9, 2012 at Red Roof Madison Heights, Mi for the following reasons:

1. I was disgusted to find the dirty toilet with fece in the bowl.
It was gross! I arrived late and I was too tired to request another room.

2. Contrary to Red Roof promotion including a pamphlet in the room, there was no WI FI available in my room.
When I called the phone number on the WI FI pamphlet, I was told that months earlier, service was cancelled by this particular Red Roof Inn.

Your records may show that I have stayed at this particular Red Roof Inn several times in past year. I have not always been completely satisfied but I did not feel that a formal complaint was warranted until now.

I trust that you will agree that my expectation of having a clean toilet and WI FI as advertised is a reasonable expectation!

Regrettably, the dirty toilet image will remain with me whenever I see Red Roof Inn. Thus it is unlikely that I will stay at Red Roof any time soon.

Thank you for your attention my comments.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends

Dear Valued Guest,

We profusely apologize for the experience you encountered during your recent stay. Each and every guest room that we offer to our guests undergoes and extensive inspection procedure before it is turned over as a room for guest rental. After we researched the issue you encountered, it was learned that in your case, the room that you were initially assigned to occupy was changed when you requested a first floor room upon your arrival. Due to a computer input error on our part, you were mistakenly assigned to a room that was not intended for guest rental, as it had not yet gone through our vigorous inspection procedure that includes a thorough checking for cleanliness issues, appropriate guest amenities, toiletries, etc., as well as for brand standard items (updated wi fi collateral, brochures, etc.). It is our earnest intent that each and every guest stay is a pleasurable one from the time you enter our door ...... until the time you leave our hotel. It is for this reason that we sincerely apologize for our error. Upon idenifying our error, we have taken immediate steps to ensure that such an error does not occur again. We thank you for your previous stays, and we sincerely hope that you will return again and allow us to demonstrate to you the committment to service that we pride ourselves in. Thank you again for your feedback, as it assists us in our ongoing efforts in improving our services to you.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

I stayed here while in the area doing a trade show. The price very reasonable, but this is a bare bones room. There are pretty much no ammenites. There is no in-room coffee-maker, no hair dyer, and no microwave. The soap was unwrapped, which made me wonder if it had been left over from the pervious occupant. The towels are very thin and small. The room is very small. There is no complementary breakfast, and while there was supposed to be a free "coffee bar", the pots were empty when I went to get some. The room was fairly clean. If you are just looking for a place to stay for the night, it is ok. But don't expect any extras.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
GregM154, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Detroit Madison Heights, responded to this reviewResponded November 15, 2012

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. We realize that as a guest you have choices, and we appreciate your not only staying with us, but taking the time to share your comments with us as well. We will continue to use such feedback to improve our services to our guests. We hope that you will visit us again should you return to the Madison Heights area.

Reviewed October 10, 2012

I'm not sure if disappointed is the right word here. After reading all of the reviews, I had higher expectations. The front desk staff was friendly and helpful. The room wasn't dirty, but it did have a rather strong smoke smell, especially considering it was a non-smoking room and Michigan doesn't allow smoking at hotels. The room was relatively clean, though it clearly hadn't been thoroughly gone through, as there was a pile of change (odd, I know) in one of the corners...The toilet also did not flush properly. Was it anything that would automatically deter me from staying again...no. The wireless internet was not the strongest, either. For the low price, though, it does warrant at least an average rating. And one cool positive - it is very nearby restaurants and shopping centers.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank gittinsj

On behalf of our entire team, we extend our thanks for your comments. We are delighted that you were impressed with our friendly staff, as our entire staff is committed to ensuring a pleasurable guest experience! We do apologize for the smell of smoke in your room. As a non-smoking hotel, we are quite aggressive in taking steps to ensure that our non-smoking policy is adhered to. However, occasionally we unfortunately do have situations where the policy is not followed. We do sincerely apologize that this occurred. We again thank you for your feedback, as it allows us the opportunity to improve our services to our valued guests.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Madison Heights
Baymont Inn & Suites Madison Heights Detroit Area
Hampton Inn Detroit / Madison Heights / South Troy
Red Roof Inn Detroit Troy
Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Detroit Troy
Candlewood Suites Detroit - Troy
Residence Inn Detroit Troy/Madison Heights

Been to Red Roof Inn Detroit Madison Heights? Share your experiences!