“For the price, it was an ok stay”

Red Roof Inn Detroit Madison Heights
Ranked #5 of 9 Hotels in Madison Heights
Pinconning, Michigan
“For the price, it was an ok stay”
Reviewed October 10, 2012

I'm not sure if disappointed is the right word here. After reading all of the reviews, I had higher expectations. The front desk staff was friendly and helpful. The room wasn't dirty, but it did have a rather strong smoke smell, especially considering it was a non-smoking room and Michigan doesn't allow smoking at hotels. The room was relatively clean, though it clearly hadn't been thoroughly gone through, as there was a pile of change (odd, I know) in one of the corners...The toilet also did not flush properly. Was it anything that would automatically deter me from staying again...no. The wireless internet was not the strongest, either. For the low price, though, it does warrant at least an average rating. And one cool positive - it is very nearby restaurants and shopping centers.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank gittinsj
GregM154, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Detroit Madison Heights, responded to this review, November 15, 2012
On behalf of our entire team, we extend our thanks for your comments. We are delighted that you were impressed with our friendly staff, as our entire staff is committed to ensuring a pleasurable guest experience! We do apologize for the smell of smoke in your room. As a non-smoking hotel, we are quite aggressive in taking steps to ensure that our non-smoking policy is adhered to. However, occasionally we unfortunately do have situations where the policy is not followed. We do sincerely apologize that this occurred. We again thank you for your feedback, as it allows us the opportunity to improve our services to our valued guests.

Greg Mahone

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Madison, Wisconsin
Reviewed August 12, 2012

I was at the Red Roof Inn on a business trip. I let the staff know that my work hours aren't typical so wanted a quiet room. Greg, the manager really leads his staff well. He not only made sure I had a corner room on the second floor, but he also had housekeeping come at the same time everyday so I was never disturbed. The whole staff was great and the room was priced well. I have already made my next reservation for this hotel next month. They really do a good job there.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Jonathan F
GregM154, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Detroit Madison Heights, responded to this review, August 12, 2012
Many thanks for your kind remarks. We are so very delighted that you enjoyed your stay, and we eagerly wait your return! Thanks again for choosing Red Roof Inn-Madison Heights!

Sincerely,l

Canton, Ohio
Reviewed August 11, 2012

Me and my family came to the Red Roof Inn while visiting our family in Detroit. We drove from Ohio and we were very tired upon arriving. The front desk lady was very nice and fast with our check in. We needed to change our room to 2 beds and she was very accommodating. We stayed here for 4 nights and I must say that I was very surprised by how thorough housekeeping was. We arent too familiar with Red Roof Inn hotels so when we arrived, I didn't expect to get the service we received. the manager ( I think his name was Greg) was absoutely amazing. He treated me and my family like we were at a five star hotel! My childeren loved the housekeeper Lisa. She went out of her way to always speak to my children and even remembered thier names. The price was great and affordable and very close to my sisters house so the commute each day was great. Will def come back here next time we visit Detroit.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Stephanie L
GregM154, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Detroit Madison Heights, responded to this review, August 23, 2012
We are happy that you were pleased with our Five Star Service! Our guests are very important to us and we strive to demonstrate that each and every day. We recognize that valued guests such as yourself have choices . . . . and we genuinely appreciate that you chose us! Thank you for staying and we hope to see you again sometime soon.

Billings, Montana
Reviewed August 6, 2012

This is not a hotel for humans. This is a hotel for bugs. Bugs like bed bugs, roaches, and any other creepy crawlings. Oh yes even rats are welcome here!! Dead or alive since there was a dead smashed rat in the parking lot and live ones running around. LITERALLY! I came to this hotel not knowing I was walking into hell. When I first walked in the office a fat blonde girl was gossiping about a co-worker and didn't even acknowledge me at first. I finally got my room, took shower, and went to sleep - I had been driving all night and very tired. The bathroom was filthy with hair and floor very dirty. I didn't think it was going to get worse or I would've IMMEDIATELY DEPARTED! I woke up to bites all over my arm and saw a couple bed bugs IN MY BED! I went to the office wanting my money back so I could leave this filthy dump and they tried to convince me to stay by giving me a free night. You could NOT pay me to stay any longer! I wanted to talk to the manager but I kept getting refused. I was told he was unavailable but while I was standing in the lobby the girl at the front desk was on the phone with him and he refused to talk to me. She then told me he would talk to me when he came to the hotel. I was not going to wait. I did receive my money back and hauled @ss out of there! I would not recommend this place to even the dirtiest people alive! Very bad experience from property to manager!!!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Candra F
Dear Guest,

Though your comments are quite alarming, I can only conclude that your experience must have been at another hotel other than our Madison Heights location, as we have no one on staff that fits the description of the front desk associate you described. Additionally we can safely and assuredly state that due to our proactive approach with pest control, have no issues of bed bugs, rats or any other pests.

Travelers are raving about these Madison Heights hotels

London, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed July 19, 2012

we actually stayed here nearly a year ago, I had intended to write a review earlier but red Roof had offered me a voucher to make up for such a bad stay. I waited too see but it never arrived.

We booked this hotel because it reviewed well and there was not much available near Royal Oak. We had been spending a lot of time in hotels around then and this was by far the worst. the Bathroom was filthy with hair everywhere and we had to get them to clean it while we went out to dinner. It still was not cleaned very well when we returned and nobody even showed up to clean the second day. One cup had the plastic on it the other did not the soap in the bathroom was open. Front desk informed us they had been having a problem with one of there cleaning staff but I thought that was a pretty pathetic excuse.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank MBCCHH
GregM154, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Detroit Madison Heights, responded to this review, August 3, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments from your stay last year. We are excited to say that the hotel is now under new management since March of this year. Since that time, we have vigorously worked and continue in our ongoing efforts to ensure the highest quality cleanliness and service standards. It would be pleasure to have you return to see our new presence in the Madison Heights area. We are confident you will be pleased!

Colorado, Denver
Reviewed July 11, 2012

While in Michigan we needed accomnondations for a extended stay for personal reasons after searching for a hotel we found that the Redroof Inn hotel in Madison Heights on Concord drive was a excellent choice, not only did it meet our budgetary needs the staff was outstanding and went far beyond their means to make us comfortable while away from home.The staff was very helpful the manager Greg M. was very professional and welcome my husband Ronald and I with outstanding hospitality we even had the pleasure of meeting the owner of the hotel Andy who extened his services to us, we stayed in a King size room with great ammenties and the housekeepers along with the front staff were just superb, I highly recommand this hotel when staying in the Michignan area, thank you Redroof Inn. Ron & Gloria Turner!

Room Tip: We prefer rooms on the first floor they were very nice we felt safe and the parking was wonderful th...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank glory233
We are so very happy that you felt at home during your stay. We work hard in providing an atmosphere of comfort and hospitality and it warms our hearts to know that you felt "at home". Please know that we would gladly welcome you back any time with open arms! Thanks again to you both for staying with us!

Reviewed July 3, 2012

I have a very unique situation. I have been staying at this hotel for almost 2 years. They are fabulous. Not only is the hotel clean and comfortable, but the staff bends over backwards to make sure I have a room at all times. Thanks so much for everything! Stay here if you want a clean, comfortable hotel with excellent staff at a very reasonable price!

• Stayed August 2011
3 Thank ImprovTS
We will glady accept our A+ grade and extend a hearty thanks for it! On behalf of our entire staff ....... many, many thanks to you! Please come again.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Madison Heights
Red Roof Inn Detroit Troy
Hampton Inn Detroit / Madison Heights / South Troy
Extended Stay America - Detroit - Madison Heights
Extended Stay America - Detroit ...
#4 of 9 in Madison Heights
Baymont Inn & Suites Madison Heights Detroit Area
Candlewood Suites Detroit - Troy
Residence Inn Detroit Troy/Madison Heights
Residence Inn Detroit Troy/Madis...
#3 of 9 in Madison Heights

Been to Red Roof Inn Detroit Madison Heights? Share your experiences!