Tripadvisor
Macomb

“Good perch, nasty cole slaw”

Aspen Restaurant & Bar
Order Online
Ranked #7 of 99 Restaurants in Macomb
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 5 weeks ago

We had a hankering for fish last night so we went to the Aspen for their AYCE Lake Perch dinner. Cost is $10.99 on Monday nights, you also have to buy a beverage. Comes with potato and cole slaw. Seated quickly, served quickly. Hot bread basket with delicious in house baked bread/rolls. Perch, deep fried with a light batter, was good. Started with 4 pieces (these are small pieces of perch) and they bring 2 pieces for a refill. Fries were hot, baked potato hot. Service was good. Everything was good but be warned: DO NOT EAT THE COLE SLAW. Nasty is the only word to describe the cole slaw. Fell out of my mouth immediately. My husband spit his out. Nasty.

Date of visit: January 2020
Write a reviewReviews (175)

Reviewed January 2, 2020

Atmosphere is good and the food and service is great. Can be quite packed. They run a nice steak and wine special that is affordable if you hit the day, which I believe is Thursday's, when running it.

Date of visit: December 2019
Reviewed October 9, 2019 via mobile

Went there for my nephews BD. We were a party of 15. Service was slow and each and everyone's dish was horrible. Over cooked - under cooked - missing something - wrong order and on and on. Do not recommend for large parties.

Date of visit: December 2018
aspenonhall, Owner at Aspen Restaurant & Bar, responded to this reviewResponded October 10, 2019

Thanks for taking the time to review Aspen. We aim to please and correct items if they are wrong right away. We haven’t had any issues with any parties going this way and we encourage guest to say something if it’s not right.
Feel free to email me at aspenrestaurant@hotmail.com so I can handle this personally. Thanks Chef Scott

Reviewed September 8, 2019

My wife and I visited this restaurant yesterday. They were too packed for a table so we sat at the bar. Was not expecting a great experience but I was wrong. The service was exceptional. Our meal was divine. Hats off to the chef and bartender who made our trip a wonderful experience. We will be back.you have made this a favorite for us thankyou.

Date of visit: September 2019
Reviewed September 8, 2019

I love coming here, because the food and service is always great. This time we came with a birthday coupon, thanks Aspen. I had the Frog Legs which I love, they are so garlicy and they have a very nice light batter. Hubby got the Almond Walleye which he also enjoyed. Thanks for another great meal!

Date of visit: August 2019