We needed a halfway point for a Josh Turner concert in Escanaba. We are from Grand Rapids and wanted to stay the night before and the night after the concert. It worked out very well. Things are pretty quiet in Mackinaw in November and we got treated like we were the only ones in the hotel. I think they said their were 39 of the 110 or so rooms full. Sabrina was expecting us when we walked in and she was an genuinely friendly caring woman who took the time to explain where the best pizza was to be found and a place to play some pool and relax. The girls enjoyed the pool and hot tub and sauna after.
The next morning Mary Anne served us an unbelievable FREE breakfast with scrambled eggs, sausage, toast and pastries, yogurt, fruit, anything you would want to drink that early in the day and more! Amazing cinnamon rolls too! Skip, the manager, was nice to chat with and obviously runs a calm and organized hotel. I got the feeling he knew what he was doing :] Even the young woman taking care of our room was a sweetheart. We had the suite which is very spacious and luxurious - not the plaza, but we don't want the plaza or it's pricetag. This was very comfortable with everything we could want. Looked brand new except for those "old" tv's. Pretty nice old tv's. Anyway, the beds were very comfortable, very nice linens, bath towels were very thick and soft, could even see the bridge from the balcony although they had said they could not promise it. (No leaves on the trees to block the view) So, we felt quite spoiled by it all and felt very welcome in Mackinaw city as travelers. We will definitely stay here again on our next trip North. Thanks to all of you, from taking our reservation on the phone to when we checked out. We appreciate your kindness.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Open all year! Clean, Comfortable & Affordable! Choose the Holiday Inn Express in Mackinaw City for your next visit. We are close to area attractions, shopping and dining. An easy walk to the shore of the Straits of Mackinac where Lakes Huron & Michigan meet, walk under the Mighty Mackinac Bridge or sit in the park and enjoy the sunset over the water. Large indoor heated pool, sauna, hot tub & fitness room. Free hot breakfast featuring over 25 fresh & delicious items. Seasonal shuttles to casino & ferries. Well-lit interior corridors, elevator & 24-hour desk staff. Every room has a microwave, minifridge & coffee maker.Mackinaw City offers Mill Creek Discovery Park, Colonial Fort Michilimackinac, Old Point Lighthouse, Jack Pine Lumber Jack Show, Mackinaw Crossings Shopping Outlet with Free Light Show, Sunset Boat Cruises, McGulpin Point Lighthouse, International Dark Sky Park Programs, Lighthouse Cruises, Disc Golf, Geocaching & so much more to discover!Our staff anticipates your needs and looks forward to introducing you to the magic of Mackinaw! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Travelocity, Hotels.com, IHG, Hotel.de, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Mackinaw City reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Mackinaw City Hotel Mackinaw City
- Holiday Inn Mackinaw City
- Mackinaw City Holiday Inn