Here's the deal. Some people on these reviews are too picky. This is a Super 8, not the Grand Hotel. If you expect five star quality, you will be disappointed. Yes you pay more, but this is Mackinaw City where the tourist season lasts only a few months. They charge alot everywhere. If you want a typical place to stay, this place is fine.
Service was very nice and pleasant. The room is your average Super Eight room--nothing to write home about, but not bad. Clean, but not stunning. The beds were not all that comfortable. The room had a mini fridge, but no iron. The lights blinked over our sink. The biggest problem was the fact that the air does not stay on. There was a problem with the thermostat location so the sensor thought the room was cool when it wasn't. The room did, however, have a ceiling fan which was really nice. Our room had a little deck that you could walk out on and sit down. That was nice, but it overlooks the parking lot. The bathroom and sink are separate, so getting ready with a group is easier. The hotel is in a good location. We walked across the street to the beach and it is about a tenth of a mile from the bridge. However, as many people have said, you cannot really see these things from the room. You will not have a stunning view. They have a breakfast, but most of the people staying at this property seemed like miser-tourist types with fannie-packs who lingered around the food for seconds and thirds. This made the eating area very crowded and hot. Plus, they have too many tables in the eating area and when we were there, the circuit breaker kept blowing out. The food was your typical waffles, cereal, bagels, juice, coffee and oats. The parking lot is very crowded and dark in the back if you arriving late. In any other place, this would be a 50-60 dollar per night place, but here it is double that.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Super 8 Bridgeview of Mackinaw City is the only fully log cabin hotel in Mackinaw City. The Super 8 Bridgeview is conveniently located directly across from a thousand feet of beach on beautiful Lake Huron right at the base the spectacular Mackinac Bridge and the Straits of Mackinac, where Lake Michigan and Lake Huron meet. We have bridgeview and lakeview rooms with private balconies so you can enjoy Mackinaw City's natural beauty. Colonial Michilimackinac and Old Mackinac Point Lighthouse, two of Mackinaw City's treasured historical attractions are within 500 feet of the hotel. Downtown Mackinaw City shopping and restaurants are located just a few blocks south of the hotel's excellent location. Enjoy a drink at the historical Dixie Saloon or O'Reilly's Irish Pub & Restaurant just moments from the hotel, a free nightly video light show inside Mackinaw Crossings, and free concerts in Conkling Heritage Park. Mackinac Island ferry service is also within easy walking distance from the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Priceline, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Super 8 Bridgeview of Mackinaw City reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Super 8 Mackinaw City/Bridgeview Hotel Mackinaw City
- Super 8 Bridgeview
- Mackinaw City Super 8
- Mackinaw City Super Eight