“Best view in town...but expensive, will not give refund.” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Super 8 Bridgeview of Mackinaw City

Super 8 Bridgeview of Mackinaw City
Ranked #17 of 39 Hotels in Mackinaw City
Lake Odessa, Michigan
“Best view in town...but expensive, will not give refund.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2012

I made a 2 night reservation at this hotel. The view of the Mackinaw Bridge is the best in town that I'll admit. I liked the deck and we used the swimming pool & hot tub which were very nice. We had the same or similar room as we had in June when we were in Mackinaw. At that time I thought our room had been remodeled and just hadn't be finished yet. The mini fridge sits on the floor with a lamp on top which reminds me of a dorm room. There's no end tables for the couch and only 1 bedside table so there was no place close for my classes and other things on my side of the bed. After a few hours in the HARD bed I couldn't sleep and hurt all over so I suggested we leave after 1 night and go home so we left at 5AM. When I went to the office to ask for my 2nd night to be cancelled and credited back to my credit card I was told I had to give 24 hour notice. The manager wasn't in at that early hour so I called him once we were home probably about 10:30AM the same morning. He told me I couldn't have my money back. I would of been happier if he would of offered my money back if he was able to rent the room out to someone else that night. It's a premium view room and the hotel was pretty full the night we were there so I'm pretty sure he could of rented this room to someone else and give me my money back. I think the 24 hour cancellation policy is much stricter than most hotels where I've stayed. We haave stayed in the and other super 8 hotels in the past but I'll never stay at this super 8 again.

Room Tip: The 3rd floor rooms have a beautiful view of the bridge. Just be prepared for a VERY hard bed.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Brown Deer, WI
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2012

Don't stay here. It sucks. The STAFF is VERY RUDE!!!. on arrival found the '2 bedroom suite' was actally 1 bedroom and extra bed in living room area, and bathroom in bedroom. Not what expected for 2 couples staying for vacation. Was told 'that's what we call a two bedroom suite here'. I said in a 2 bedroom suite, both bedrooms should have thier own door. He told me they did have thier own doors and continued to argue. When asking about the gym mentioned on the website, was told their isnt one here, but we can use the one at the Clarion hotel about a mile away. Got 4 keys. Next morning found 1 didnt work. Went to desk to replace before going out, on returning (SEPARATLY) found that while the 1 now worked, the other 3 had been deactivated. tiniest fridge ever. no phone in room until after cleaning the 2nd day. bathroom gross from 1975 and cobwebs in there for entire 3 night stay. No TV guide or channel guide of any sort. Walls paper thin; heard neighbors conversations word for word. breakfast was bland. could not tell the difference between the grape juice and apple juice (same taste and color) one type of cereal (cherios) had canned fruit only, no fresh. Not enough parking for all guests (arrived late and had to park at neighboring hotel) when pool closed had to go outside to get to ice machine. Town was booked up with Corvette club so we got stuck here and could not switch. They were staining the exterior which looks really nice but made the whole inside stink and gave me a headache when trying to sleep. They need to spend some time on the INSIDE!!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Travelers are raving about these Mackinaw City hotels

Raleigh, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Super * the night before going to Mackinac Island. We found the motel to be in a great location to catch the ferry as well as the amenities of the motel to be very good. The staff was very friendly and helpful. We walked across the street to the park and lighthouse on the Lake. Good price for the location in high vacation travel season but don't pay extra for a balcony. The light on the balcony can't be tuned out so the bugs makes the balcony worthless after dark. The trees across the street were so tall that the very wasn't good at all.

Room Tip: Don't choose a balcony due to the bugs at the light . No switch for you to turn off the light.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Wylie, Texas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2012

Booked this room through mackinac city chamber. Staff was pleasant at check in and there were 4 adults and one cold in our party so I originally booked a double with a roll away but ion checking in they had a room on the first floor with 3 queens so we upgraded to this for an additional $30 bucks. Big mistake. Room 120 at the end of the hall next to the pool. The noise level was terrible but not because of the pool; it turns out the exit door and smoking area was right next to our room and it was soo noisy! Also, when showering the pipes made a horrible noise in the wall and there is NO wifi regardless of what they claim. We tried to access it on 4 different devices and cod never get on and the girl at the front desk was clueless. Brought all this to the attention of the manager the next morning and he claimed he knew nothing about the pipes and never had any complaints of noise prior to mine. Also, said he would report the wifi problem to IT guy, but others had the same issue. Also, misleading is if you want a room with a view of the bridge it is an additional $100 on top of an already overpriced and outdated hotel with very poor customer service that denied everything and offered to do nothing other than to up sell an overpriced room.

• Stayed August 2012
Indiana
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2012

My sister and I arrived in Mackinaw city about 5:30 pm on a Wednesday night. We had no reservations anywhere, so we proceeded to stop at different hotel properties to inquire about prices. For the middle of the week and not full to capacity, most places were charging over $120 per night, but when pressed for a discount came down to $99 per night. After checking at 4 hotels, we came to the Super 8 Bridgeview. Same story. Wanted more, but came down to $99. I then left to tell my sister the same price here as everywhere else. We had a book of Traveler discounts we had picked up at the Welcome Center in Clare. many of those were offering $79 per night rates. We decided to go to one of those and ask about the discount. As we were pulling out. the desk clerk ran out of the hotel and wanted to know why we were leaving her. She said she would match any price we wanted to pay. My sister was laughing and I was smiling, too. We have never had anyone beg us to stay at their hotel before. She agreed to match the $79 a night rate. We accepted.
While the hotel is old, there have been some updates to the rooms. Walls were painted and furniture seemed new. it was Paul Bunyun wood furniture. The bedspreads were not new and did not match the room decorative border. The beds were very firm, not pillowtop, but I slept well on them with my bad back. Awoke refreshed. The breakfast area was warm from the toaster machine they had, it was like a mini pizza oven. I loved the way it toasted my english muffin. Breakfast was good and typical. Cereal, coffee, bagels, toast, juices, coffee, milk, etc. 2 waffle makers kept things moving. No yogurt, or eggs, or meat. They did have apples. In our room the dorm style fridge was sitting on the floor. The bathroom with toilet and tub/shower was separate from the vanity area which was nice. Sheets were clean and pressed, towels thick and absorbant. Room was clean with no cobwebs or visible dirt. For an older place this was okay. We didn't use the hot tub or pool, but that area of the hotel was dark and dingy looking. Everywhere needed more light and brighter light----a common problem in hotels these days. All in all it was a pleasant stay. We did get coupons for discounted meals and other area recreation.
Thanks, Carleen or was it Darleen for chasing us down. You are too funny.

Room Tip: We had room 222. it was quiet.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Hartland, Michigan
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2012

me and my mom chose this hotel because my mom wanted a mold-free room and a view of the lake and bridge. big oh crap. the room we had was musky smelling, and the balcony had cobwebs on it, and the floor had some stains on it. the worst part: we paid extra and we couldn't see the bridge OR the water, and if the trees across the street were swaying, we could catch a glimpse of the highest notch on the bridge. the only view we had was the traffic filled road. we couldn't even hear the waves. the only relief staying there was that there were no bed bugs... i hope. i do like the beds though, they are made of logs and have wilderness like comforters. heres what i want to say: the chances of actually seeing the bridge or lake when you reserved one are about 25% . if you want a good view i suggest staying at another hotel and save $.

Room Tip: if you get a room that is rjght above the lobby, the view of the lake wont be good
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Ocala, Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2012

This place was terrible. We tried to switch rooms and were told, they were all full. We had one table which was over by the air conditioner. So the phone was on the floor along with the micro wave. Tried to use the hair dryer and it fell off the wall. This place was bad. This review would not compute unless I gave it 1 star. If there were minus stars 5 minus

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple