“My kind of place”

Ranked #12 of 39 Hotels in Mackinaw City
Springfield, MO
“My kind of place”
Reviewed July 15, 2012

I have stayed at the Super 8 Brigdeview a number of times and have never been disappointed. I can't say enough about the staff. They are very professional and always accomadating. What is amazing is the fact that they remember me by name from year to year, makes 'ya feel nice.

Room Tip: Beautiful view on the north side.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank Art C

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Grand Blanc, Michigan
Reviewed July 14, 2012

Had a group of 6 (3 different rooms) and Stayed for 2 nights July 9th and 10th. First I got each room for less than $50 a night...booked well in advance and this is the best $50 I have ever spent...especially considering Mid-Summer in Mackinaw City. First off no you really can't see the bridge all to well from the hotel, but there is a nice park right across the street where you have the most amazing view of the bridge as well as a light house and access to the lake where you can dip your feet and throw some rocks if you wish.

Onto the Review. Upon arriving the front desk staff was very friendly and loved our 9 month old daughter. They gave us suggestions on dinner for that evening and even set up a shuttle to get us to the ferry the next morning.

We checked into our room and it wasn't the best I have ever stayed at but it was very clean, cozy and comfortable...all I could ask for for the money spent and knowing we would be spending very little time in anyways. The bed was perfect for my needs and got a good night sleep both nights. There were a couple of chairs and a table along with a fridge (which is always nice for the baby's milk and food) Also in the room was a television (not the largest but who goes on vacation to watch tv anyways).

We had breakfast both mornings and yes the "dinning" area is small but we were able to get a seat without waiting for all 6 of us each morning (we could have just as easily taken it back to our room which would have been no big deal as well) The Breakfast was great for a quick start to our day (Waffles, Hard-boiled Eggs, Bagels, English Muffins, Toast & Cereal.)

We also used the pool and jacuzzi, this whole area was very clean...maybe a tad to much chlorine in the pool but would rather have more than not enough in a public pool.

All in all we had a wonderful stay and all 3 couples had nothing but good things to say about the hotel and we all left very happy with little money spent. I would absolutely stay here again, especially if I could get it for the $50 a night but I would also spend more probably would have to be less than $100 tho.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Lafayette, Indiana
Reviewed July 9, 2012

We thought this room was going to be more than what it was. We purchased the double king room. It had two bathrooms, one with a shower only and one with a bathtub shower. The commons area of this room is HUGE but EMPTY! In the commons area, they have two couches and one teeny tiny TV that cannot be viewed from the bed that is also in that huge room let alone the couch areas. The microwave is about 10 inches off the floor and setting on a plastic patio table! The microwave would not even pop a bag of popcorn after 15 minutes on high!!! There was not nearly enough room for the included breakfast. People were leaving rather than wait in tight cramped corners for others to finish eating! The bed was like sleeping on the floor and something that looked like "lotion" was dried on the bedspread of the separate room! YUCK! This was our first Super 8 experience. We will not stay again.

Room Tip: Even though the double king suite seems like a good value, it is not. We thought it would have view...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends

Travelers are raving about these Mackinaw City hotels

Reed City, Michigan
Reviewed June 28, 2012

This hotel was chosen because the current hotel that we stayed at, mackinaw beach and bay resort, was booked when we decided to stay another night. Upon booking the room, I told receptionist that I would be paying cash for room. I understood that I needed to use card to hold reservation and was informed that I could pay cash. When checking in, they asked how I would be paying for room. I had checked my debit card account and found that they had already hit my account but they said it was a preauthorization. It didn't matter because they had still hit the account. They told me I could still pay cash and the preauthorization would drop. I asked when? She said 3 bus days. I was annoyed about this. So I just let it hit the account anyways. Mackinaw beach and bay didn't hit my account until 4 hours after checking in. The room was clean but the condition wasnt the best. The beds are not as good as the other hotel. The toilet seat is broken and bathtub is filthy. Also no table for phone, fridge, and coffee machine. Phone just sits on a chair and the others sit on floor.

• Stayed June 2012
1 Thank Josh R
Harbor Beach, Michigan
Reviewed June 28, 2012

After reading some of the reviews of this place and some others nobody would stay anywhere because every place is a disaster according to some reviewers.
This was possibly the Cleanest Hotel I've ever been too. The indoor pool and hot tub were clean and in good working order. The free Breakfast consisted of Hot Waffles, Juice, Coffee, Bagels and Muffins, Hard boiled eggs, fruit, and cereal. Only issue seemed to be that the breakfast area was small not a lot of seating. One suggestion would be to open up the wall and expand the room into part of the lobby. The beds were fine not too hard and not to soft. Very Pleasant and Helpful staff. This is a good Hotel not 4 stars but you’re not paying 4 star prices either. I would stay here again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Mike J
Michigan
Reviewed May 20, 2012

First of all, the best thing about this hotel is that if you pay the big bucks to get a bridge view room, it's a pretty cool view. We had a King room with a bridge view. The room was huge, plenty of room. There was a small fridge on the floor and a hide a bed couch. Older style tv in the corner. The private balcony was decent but the light out there is on a sensor and you can't turn it off. It attracted a ton of bugs, we were there in May and I think there was a recent hatch. I ended up unscrewing the cover and taking out the bulb. There was also a huge spider out there. The room itself was fine, we had 301. The bed was not very comfortable but they did give you a bunch of pillows. The pool was pretty good, we used it with the kids two nights. Hot tub just so-so. I did kill a big spider in my room that seemed to live under the sofa, so if you get 301, it should be safe now. The reason we stayed here is the location, right across the street from the bridge view park on the tip of the mitt. You can walk across the street and get some great pics and also walk down to the fort. Mackinac City and the ferry dock is a short 4 block walk south from the hotel. Decent shopping, lots of tshirts and touristy stuff. The breakfast area of the hotel left much to be desired. The selection was poor and the quality not very good. The did have some mini powdered donuts though and a waffle maker.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank grampaf
Bay City, Michigan
Reviewed May 14, 2012

We've stayed in Mackinaw City several times, and this is by far our favorite hotel. It was very clean. I've never been a fan of this chain, but this hotel has changed my mind. Wonderful stay! The bed could be a little more comfortable, but other than that it's worth a visit.

Room Tip: Bridge View rooms have an amazing view
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple