“Really enjoyed our trip.”

Clarion Hotel Beachfront
Ranked #18 of 39 Hotels in Mackinaw City
richmond, ky
“Really enjoyed our trip.”
Reviewed September 8, 2010

We stayed at the Clarion four nights. The price was excellent. The staff was very helpful and knowledgable about the area. The room was very nice, clean. The beds were comfortable with lots of pillows. Mackinaw City is a good location for lots of area attractions. The hotel was within walking distance of one of the ferries to Mackinac Island. We really enjoyed the breakfast bar each morning.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (157)
Kalamazoo, Michigan
Reviewed September 7, 2010

I only stay ar Marriott or Choice (Comfort, Clarion, etc). Never have I had a problem with a Comfort inn or Suties or any "choice hotel" till now. 1. No wifi anywhere unless you go to the buisness center. 2. I reserved a king and we got 2 regular size beds which destroyed my trip right then and there. 3. The TV is very small and on the far wall. Also it is a flat screen but the picture did not fit on the screen so words were missing. 4. No towels two days in a row and a dirty sock under the bed. The manager never responded to my requests for help or assistance and the girl at the desk just smiled and stared at us.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Tiggertoyoutoo

Travelers are raving about these Mackinaw City hotels

Rockford, Michigan
Reviewed September 6, 2010

We paid for two nights and went out during the day after the first night. They assumed we had checked out a day early and gave our room away. When we arrived back at night the staff never apologised. Tehy said it was our fault for not leaving any luggage. They refused to give us a refund so we wound up spending another night in this hotel of idiocy (rather than drag three small children around on Labor Day weekend at 11:30pm). The hotel manager also did not apologize. Avoid this place at all costs!!!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
4 Thank NikkiV10
Grand Blanc MI
Reviewed September 4, 2010

I came here with the recommendation from a previous reviewer and agree that this hotel is nice.
A few things to know:
This establishment has several buildings with multiple levels. The beachfront property has four, which was what I stayed on, and others have three. The doors slam shut which gets annoying when children keep running in and out. With the design of the door, there is no way to prevent this from happening, even if you want to be quiet. My room had many spiders inside and outside on the balcony.

We had difficulty finding a parking place. This was during the Labor Day weekend, but after reading a previous posting on keeping the car in the parking lot; if the hotel is busy, plan on not getting a spot near your room. It was pouring rain so we were all soaked! (Tropical Storm Earl Effects?)

Careful attention was placed on having enough towels, shampoo, conditioner, lotion, pillows, storage space, and comfort. My television was not a flat screen LCD, but we hardly turned it on. The same was reported from two other family members who each stayed on the first floor in a Jacuzzi suite.

My parents said room 126’s bed sloped on the edge of one side. We all went to see (7) of us, and sure enough, the side looks like it has given out over the years. My step dad has had back surgery which was a big deal for him to have a bed without issues. I urge my parents to join trip advisor and post their experience. I do know that they were given a room with a bed, but another Jacuzzi room was unavailable.

I would stay here again, and I would also stay at others in this city as well.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed September 1, 2010

Nice and comforatable rooms, including a whirlpool which was really hugh! Breakfast was included. Direct beach access with a campfire in the evening. Friendly staff! We could even park our car there while we were on the island for one night. Received a discount for the ferry and you also get discouts in many restaurants in the city.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Manchester, Michigan
Reviewed September 1, 2010

This Hotel has it all, Clean Comfy Rooms, Great Lake Views, Refreshing Pool, Relaxing Hot Tub.... and the staff goes out of their way to make sure you want for nothing, attending to every detail.

I booked it originally on a friends recommendation, and was not disappointed. Although we arrived at 1030pm, the desk clerk was bright and full of enthusiasm. While assisting with our check in she was fielding calls, when the manager saw this he stepped in without hesitation and worked with us and her to make it one of the smoothest check in experiences ever.

The day shift was excellent also, the called in our shuttle for the ferry to the island, made sure we had maps, info and insight for the days adventure. Great Job Clarion, Great Value! :-)

The continental breakfast was delicious, as well. The dining area was roomy, open and had plenty of tables. There were families with little ones, couples. The breakfast fare included, fresh fruit, hot sausage, eggs, biscuits, gravy, waffles, cereal of all types hot and cold, fresh juice, milk, and piping hot coffee! YUM!

The only down side to our stay was the recommendation to the Dixie Saloon. The Dixie Saloon is by far the worst dining I've had the displeasure of knowing in a long long time. The food was ice cold, the service was terrible, and the general attitude was poor. The meals were so bad we did not eat. My daughter tried her food and has an upset stomach today with diarrhea. That's what you can expect to get at the Dixie Saloon! :-(

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
alpena
Reviewed August 30, 2010

We really enjoyed our stay at the Clarion. The front desk staff was very friendly and helpful. The room was very clean and much nicer than a lot of hotels we have stayed at. The cleaning person even made a swan out of a towel and placed fresh flowers! The poole area was also clean and nice. I will stay at this hotel the next time I come to Mackinaw City. Thanks to a great staff for making my weekend care free and enjoyable.

• Stayed August 2010