“Filthy, health hazard, not safe for children”

Quality Inn & Suites Beachfront
Ranked #38 of 40 Hotels in Mackinaw City
Reviewed July 12, 2013

There was urine on our bathroom wall. That's right, urine. I asked for housekeeping to come and clean it but they never did. The rest of the room was also dirty and I bet the air filter has never been cleaned on the air conditioner. The balcony was covered in pealing paint. So much so that I would not my four year old daughter out on it. The balcony is also unsafe for children, as they could easily fall off due to inadequate rail spacing. Several other things in the room were also broken, such as the towel bar in the shower and light fixture outside the room. Also, their beach was over grown with weeds. It was a short walk to the decent part of the beach owned by the hotel next door. I rated the restaurant poor, but to be fair we didn't try it due to the uncleanliness of the room, we didn't trust them to make food. Overall, the place is run down and unclean.

Room Tip: Some rooms on upper floors have no elevator access.

Reviewed July 11, 2013

We just left The Quality Inn and I can honestly say that was the nastiest room I have ever stayed in. Where do I start!!!! First...we couldn't even get our door open, you have to push it very hard to get it to open and it looked like it got kicked in a few times before our stay. Then there were someones dirty socks in one of the drawers and an empty water bottle laying on the floor. All of the outlets were loose, so every time you plugged something in, it would come unplugged. The alarm clock didn't work even after getting a new one from the front desk. The ceiling light and exhaust fan didn't work in the bathroom. There was mold in the shower and the water temperature kept changing while talking a shower. And you could hear everything your neighbors were doing!!! And the rooms look nothing like the pictures, very outdated. NEVER AGAIN!!!!

Reviewed July 7, 2013

I would not recommend anyone that is used to be treated with any decency to stay here. My family booked 4 rooms at this hotel for the 4th of July. I booked a suite which cost me $900.00 for 3 nights. I knew the prices would be higher due to the holiday, but I didn't expect how poor the service would be. The very first night the "maintenance" man threw I bonfire for his friends, and needed extra seating. So, he came and threw our chips on the ground where we were sitting there and eating and took the bench so he and his friends could use it. We complained, come to find out the manager was his brother(conflict of interest) and nothing was done. The cleaning people didn't clean our room until requested them to. But then we wished they wouldn't have, because we then had several items missing from our room! When I called the front desk, the manager told us if we didn't like it we could leave, and he was going to call the police on us! After I got on the phone with corporate, the manager shows up with my daughter's Iphone charger and an apology! Room is less than desirable, but I could have managed due to the beach, but the customer service was prison like and I will never stay there again!! Food was disgusting, grounds unkempt, rooms outdated, staff rude and unprofessional! Don't Do It!!!

2  Thank Donise s
Reviewed July 6, 2013 via mobile

When we booked online, it looked like a great room. However, we were on the first floor right next to the beach access. There was absolutely no privacy. The room also had an unpleasant odor, and the screen door was damaged. When we asked about another room, we were told that we could spend more money and obtain a better room. The next room was better. The desk clerk was aloof. The beach was ghastly. Worst along the shore. Quality? Not for $180.00.

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed July 6, 2013

our room was big 2 double beds and a separate room with a double bed, which was nice. the service was great ! the beach was nice but rocky. the building we stayed in had an outdated bathroom which was clean though. pool was nice and hot tub and sauna great. would stay here again.

Reviewed July 4, 2013

Me my daughter and granddaughter went to macanac island and stayed here two nights.
The room was fine but a little small. The staff was the best I have ever had. Every one from maid to manager were so helpfull. The desk clerk even went to the store becose my daughter asked if they had energy drinks and got her some monsters. The veiw of the island was great.
I would stay again and again.

1  Thank Tom A
Reviewed June 28, 2013 via mobile

My fiancé and I stayed for 2 nights at the quality. We payed $87 a night which I didn't think was too bad, especially for lake front. The service was great, but the rooms I will say are junk. I don't need much a tent and a lake to bathe in and I'd be fine and I even thought the room was a little to outdated.

I was really not impressed with the whole trip to mackinaw everything was expensive and run down. We have decided we will not return here on any future trips.

• Stayed: June 2013