“Ick.”

Quality Inn & Suites Beachfront
Ranked #37 of 40 Hotels in Mackinaw City
Reviewed August 16, 2012

Dirty. Even the kids were grossed out. We were put in an outdated building ( not the nice one in the photo). It was quite a hike from the car to the room. The room was rundown and dirty. We couldn't wait to get out of there. I felt sorry for all the people who booked more than one night. I will say that the staff was nice. Also,the pool was not bad. But I would not go back.

• Stayed: August 2012

Reviewed August 13, 2012

Dirty, paid to see the bridge put on end room had to walk past other rooms on balcony to the end to see the bridge. I do not recommend anyone stay here. Lots of barking, disturbing dogs. Cheap coffee pot didn't work. They should be ashamed to offer this place to the public!

Room Tip: Stay someplace else
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank LewistonKeyWest
Reviewed August 11, 2012

When we arrived the room was really dirty. Dust everywhere, carpet not vacuumed, toothpaste on faucet, hairs stuck to hair dryer & Wet ball point ink on drape rod. Overall the room was very run down and in need of a good spring cleaning. My wife complained to the night manager who responded with sarcastic remarks about her being a clean freak, implying that her standards were excessive. He promised to clean the room better next time with his best cleaner.There was very little improvement on the next 2 days. We were booked for 3 nights and subject to a 72 hour notice to cancel or we would have checked out and gone elsewhere. We had to buy cleaning materials and clean the room ourselves

Room Tip: Try another Hotel
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 28, 2012 via mobile

The floor was wet around the room. They seemed to sprinkle something on it that "stunk to the high heavens" (as Granny used to say) when they cleaned the room. The source of the water was a mystery as was the horrid stench. Next, when I got in the shower it was fine then it got scalding-and I do mean scalding-hot. I could get no cold water to come on AT ALL. The same thong happened to my aunt. This also was a mystery. It started out fine and then was dangerously hot. We reported this to the desk as we left because it could SERIOUSLY harm a child. The view was pretty. Breakfast was pretty sad. Not a good stay.

• Stayed: June 2012
Reviewed July 23, 2012

We arrived in Mackinaw City July 21, 2012 on Saturday afternoon around 4pm looking for a hotel. The first one we stopped at was over $300. We were told all hotels were charging that. I told them I never paid that much on my life & receptionist offered to call Quality Inn & Suites for us. They were charging $289 for Sat. & $159 for Sunday. We gave credit card number to reserve it then went to it a little down the road. They gave us key & when we went in room it was not cleaned. Beds unmade. Trash on floor. Dirty towels on chair. I called front desk & after 15 minutes housekeeping came to clean. We sat outside waiting. When I checked out Mon. morning I told receptionist I had complaint about dirty room on arrival & she asked "but they did clean it?" I said of course or we would not have slept in it & that wasn't the point. I asked if they communicate with housecleaning when rooms were ready & she said mistakes get made sometimes. I told her evidently lots get made because I read reviews after booking room. Big mistake on my part. I told her she didn't seem to care. Her whole attitude sucks. I spoke to someone who stayed 2 hotels down who paid only $89 for Sunday!

• Stayed: July 2012
Reviewed July 23, 2012

Reserved a room with two double beds for a night and thought I was staying at the nice looking hotel in the picture. WRONG. They put us in an adjacent building that was much smaller and probably hadn't been updated since 1950's. There was a ton of bugs in the room (not bed bugs) and the room had a very bad smell. When we asked the front desk if we could move to another room preferably in the more updated building we were told there were no rooms left despite the vacancy sign being on. I'm not picky about hotels at all but this one was possibly the worst I've ever stayed at. And to top it off they charge premium rates. I wouldnt be complaining if I was paying $75 a night but for $150 that is a total ripoff. I would strongly advise anyone considering this hotel to look elsewhere. The positives: The breakfast was passable (nothing great) and the beach was okay (you're not going to spend a day there at the beach, its not that nice). We did get free admissions to the water parks for the kids so that was probably the best thing about our reservation, we could go to another hotel and use their waterpark.

Room Tip: Unless you're getting a room for under $60 look somewhere else.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 18, 2012

If you read every terrible review of this property I would agree, confirm and then tell you to stay away because it give the chain a bad name and the hotel industry a "black eye". The place was dirty, staff rude and online pictures miss representative. After complaining we were asked to leave and let me say that was the very best thing that happened since the gave me our money back!! Too many other hotels in the area that focus on personable staff, customer service and most importantly cleanlyiness! Don't waste you time in even considering this property!

Room Tip: Stay away from every room!
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple