“Cool Place to Stay” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #30 of 39 Hotels in Mackinaw City
Northern
“Cool Place to Stay”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2012

Our family stayed in this hotel as a pass through on our way home through Michigans UP. After a long day of travel we arrived and did not expect to find this hotel located so close to the water and a beach to boot. That was really neat for the kids to run around. Room was nice and clean and comfortable. Kids were able to use the pool, it is an outside walk to get to it across the parking lot but not that bad. Morning breakfast was so-so. I would stay again if in the area. Would've been nice to have more time in the city as looks like lots to see and do.

• 3 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
Sturgis, Michigan
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2012

Stayed 3 nights 4 days. Nothing spectacular nice beach slow cleaning service. View wasn't to good no bridge no island just the dock for the ferry. Hotel was average run of the mill hotel beach was sandy and nice and walking distance to downtown Mackinaw City.

• Stayed July 2012
Alma, Michigan, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2012

We recently stayed at the Super 8 in Mackinaw City for our first time, I was not impressed. The staff were unfriendly some of the rooms were not ready to check into even though it was check in time. My husband and I were at Mackinaw City 9 months prior and I was very impressed with the Staff at the hotel we stayed at they were very informative and gave us lots of coupons and brochures to the local shops and restuarants. Super 8 however was not helpful or informative and I had to ask for the coupons that come with the room stay. There were supposed to be waterpark passes, we did not intend on using them but they came with the room, and no one ever asked us about them or gave them to us. The breakfast was pretty good waffles, hard boiled eggs, english muffins, bagels, cereal, and several beverages, however the breakfast room was very small and cramped not enjoyable to eat in. The rooms were not too bad there seemed to have been something sticky spilled on the carpet of the room we were in. The beds were terrible. Coffee pot in the bathroom not too thrilled about making my coffee next to the toilet, usually there is a bar outside of the bathroom with the sink and coffee maker in the smaller rooms. The view was nice and also the beach. I went with this hotel instead of the previous one we stayed at because it was a bit cheaper however next time I will be shelling out the extra cash. I guess you get what you pay for.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Ludington, Michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2012

I went for two days with my kids it was worth the money the breakfest area was nice too. the kids enjoed the waffles and such. it was nice they liked they could go to the water parks. overall it was a ok place to stay for your money!

Detroit
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2012

Stayed Friday night in room 108. The A/C did not work well. We had it on the coldest setting and it could not cool the room even though it was only in the low 70's outside. Breakfest is free and has 3 types of cereals, waffles, bagels, juice and coffee. Not bad, but located in a small room. Pool and jacuzzi were fine and at a reasonable temp. Hotel is located on the beach and has a few rooms overlooking the water. Bed was ok. Good location not far from docks and town.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Walhalla
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2012

I reserved two rooms for this Hotel online for 06-07-12, when making the reservation I texplained to the lady we would be there late but that we would definately be there and we would pay cash upon arrival. While on our way to Mackinaw City I recieved two very rude phone calls one wanting to know if "we were planning on showing up" so I explained again what I told the lady I made the reservation with. Not even 20 minutes later I recieved another rude call stating that she couldnt get payment to go through on my credit card, she demanded to know where we were and how long it was going to take to get there. I explained to her once again that when I made this reservation I clearly said we would be late and we would be paying cash! The lady acted like she didnt believe me and was not nice at all.

The room was clean but the beds were not good it felt like you were going to fall out if you got to close to the edge. other than that it was alright.

The next morning I went to check out and the lady in the office couldnt figure out why one room showed as being double paid and the other room as not being paid. ( entry error, the check in lady put both rooms on one) but she just didnt get it... it took another employee to explain to her that she simply needed to apply half of what I already paid to the other room.....

The communication is dreadful and the people were not very pleasant to deal with... I can honestly say with so many other hotels to chose from my family will NOT be staying here again.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

Travelers are raving about these Mackinaw City hotels

Houston, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2012 via mobile

We spent three nights. It was clean, comfortable, and quiet. Coffee makers and fridges in the rooms. Good breakfasts, with waffles, cereal, fruit and boiled eggs. The staff are pleasant and helpful. They even put up with looking at my friends vacation pictures!

Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends