Comfort Inn Lakeside
$112
$104
Baymont Inn & Suites Mackinaw City(Mackinaw City)(Great Value!)
$65
$77
ClarionHotels
Riviera Motel(Mackinaw City)(Great Value!)
$80
$86
$83
$138
Best Western Plus Dockside Waterfront Inn(Mackinaw City)(Great Value!)
$77
$74
Agoda.com
Rainbow Motel(Mackinaw City)
$49
Clearwater Lakeshore Motel(Mackinaw City)(Great Value!)
$69
All reviewsthe breakfast areaadjoining hotelroom was cleanopen to the outsidemackinac islandwithin walking distancenice view of the lakeground floorlakefront roomsmall balconynice staygreat roombeach areawould definitely stay here againfree breakfastwe've stayedhot tub
Reviewed July 19, 2007

We booked three nights for the end of our week long vacation camping. We were on the third floor and no elevators for coolers nor luggage. We ended up taking only bare esserntials for the refrigerator. Balcony was full of bugs and cobbwebs and I noticed housekeeping taking care of their balconies next door at the Hamilton. Our housekeeping was terrible!! The maid never reached us until 5:15 p.m. after our first night and 6:10p.m. after our second night. When you are touring or on the beach all day you expect your room to be serviced while your gone so that you can clean up or nap before dinner,. All she offered to do was give fresh towels if I handed her the trash. I filed a complaint with management and was given a lousy trolley token for Mackinaw city and late checkout. Who wants a late checkout when you have a 6.5 hour drive home on that day? Continental breakfast was fair at best. It was offered every morning until 10:30 but if you are anytime after 9:00 they ran out of food already.

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled with family
1  Thank bmpope524
Reviewed July 18, 2007

We really liked the Hotel. Perfect location, nice beach, wait staff was very nice. If you don't like this Hotel you expect to much in life. You are to high maintenance. It was nice for family and teenagers. Clean rooms, bathrooms, hallways ect. This Hotel should be ranked higher on the list.. RM 311

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled with family
Reviewed June 29, 2007

The hotel itself is nice enough, but I was disappointed by two things. One, we got there and found out there were no elevators! Our room was on the 3rd floor so everything had to be carried up separately. My husband did it all because going up and down the steps was too hard for me. Of course whenever we left the room I had to walk down and back up again when we got back. Not good at all. There is no warning of this on the website. Also the "high speed" wireless internet was very bad. It only worked very sporadically and was very slow. The front desk was very helpful with the problem and gave suggestions, but most of the time it wouldn't connect. I discovered that they share internet with another hotel close by. Again that is unfair, when a hotel advertises wireless high speed you expect to be able to get online easily. The breakfast area was VERY small. It was almost laughable, there was no wasy it could service the guests in a hotel that large, so it was crowded and unpleasant. On the positive side, the room was nice and clean, a bit on the small side but clean and new. The balcony rooms have a beautiful view of the water and that was nice. I still can't believe they don't have an elevator. I thought it was very strange. I wouldn't stay there again, too many inconveniences for $ 127 a night.

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 9, 2007

I reserved the Comfort Inn Lakeside for 2 nights, using the 1-800-228-5150# found on the website, 1 1/2 weeks before my getaway weekend. I received a confirmation number and was told that I would also receive confirmation in the mail. I did not get anything in the mail before I left and failed to call to confirm before I left. When I got to the Comfort Inn, the desk clerk told me that I did not have a reservation there, and then made one phone call. He told me my reservation was at the Hamilton Inn next door. I never heard of the Hamilton Inn before this moment, and was puzzled as too how I could have reservations there???
I went to the Hamilton and was pleased with the fact that I received a room exactly as described on the Comfort Inn website.
When I came home, though I was completely satisfied with my stay at the Hamilton Inn, I wanted to try to solve the mystery of the mix up. When I reread a review of a guest that stayed at the Comfort Inn Lakeside, a month before my stay, he said that he was directed to get the Comfort Inn breakfast at the hotel next door---The Hamilton. I can't help but wonder about this cooincidence.
So my review for the Comfort Inn is that the desk clerk was very helpful. My review for the Hamilton Inn was that the desk clerk was friendly, the room was right on the beach, the bed was comfortable and the breakfast was adequate.

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 24, 2007

We stayed at the Comfort Inn Lakeside because I got a decent rate, it had a pool, and it was on the waterfront. The waterfront is pretty nice, but it is close to the ferry docks. However, when we went, it was still off-season, so the boats (and their wakes and diesel smell) were a non-issue. The room was average at best. The carpet felt damp. The tub/toilet area was in need of an upgrade. Still, no huge issue. The indoor pool was the coldest pool we've experienced in memory. Cold enough that I declined to go in and my son had goose bumps. The pool could have been cleaner as you could see sand on the bottom. Same issue with the not so hot hot tub. I take warmer showers. Staff was very friendly. For breakfast, they have a continetal breakfast bar. However, since it is off season, the Comfort Inn didn't actually have one. We were directed to the Hamilton Inn next door. Evidently they have an agreement with them to provide breakfast for Comfort Inn folks too. So, given the locale (a touristy area with many mid-range lodging choices), I'd opt for another place unless I really wanted to be on the waterfront.

• Stayed: May 2007, traveled with family