I stayed here two nights in October. The room was clean and comfortable. The appliances are a bit old but they all work fine. Everything is a bit dated but the price is right and for use as a base for exploring the surrounding area it works very well. They provide a very nice breakfast with cereal, eggs, waffles, coffee, juice etc. It is more than enough to get you going in the morning. It is a little ways out from the docks and the center of town. you could walk, but it is a easy short drive. The staff was helpful and friendly. It's a no frills type of place and not a resort type place so don't expect that.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in beautiful and historic Mackinaw City, the Thunderbird Inn is the premier choice in accommodations. Situated less than 1 mile from the downtown area, the Thunderbird Inn boasts a quite location still within walking distance to area shops, restaurants and attractions. Offering all the amenities you have grown to love, our property offers free Wi-Fi, a complimentary breakfast, indoor seasonal pool (May 15th - Oct 15th), coffee maker, iron and ironing board, and so much more! We are a AAA approved, pet friendly (specific rooms, subject to availability) property offering the very best customer service Northern Michigan has to offer. Take advantage of our packages and discount tickets to local attractions and ferry lines to Mackinac Island. We look forward to seeing you on your next trip to the Mackinaw Area! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Expedia, Cancelon, Orbitz, Hotwire, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Thunderbird Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Mackinaw City
- Mackinaw City Best Western
- Best Western Thunderbird Hotel