“just say no”

Ranked #13 of 39 Hotels in Mackinaw City
Lake City, Michigan
“just say no”
Reviewed September 18, 2011

stayed there for the truck show weekend they advertised a hot tub both on the website and on the sign, when we got there it was drained with a large hole in the bottom, I asked when it would be fixed and they stated some time next year, the pool was old and looked nasty, the one and only pop machine on the place was pretty much empty, would not stay there again..

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
TeresaDitta, General Manager at Thunderbird Inn, responded to this review, September 19, 2011
I do deeply apologize for your issues during your stay the jacuzzi is down because someone stepped through it. We did remove it from the sign and we are getting it off the website ASAP. I am waiting for coke to fill the machine but I will go get some to keep behind the desk in the mean time. I do wish you would reconsider and give us a second chance if not this year then next year.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Grand Rapids, Michigan
Reviewed September 12, 2011

The room was clean, comfortable and bug free. The location is convenient to downtown and the ferries to the island, about 8/10th of a mile from most of the stuff. The front desk help was friendly and cheerful. We wanted a clean, comfortable room for a cheap price and this inn provides that. The hot tub/spa was hot but the jets were broken. The pool is open late. We did not use the complimentary breakfast so cannot review that. The free wireless was fast and simple to use. The room was equipped with a small refrigerator and coffee pot.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank PromoBird
TeresaGM, General Manager at Thunderbird Inn, responded to this review, September 13, 2011
Thank you for leaving a review. I am glad you got what you expected. I am disappointed however that we didn't WOW you when you were here. If their is anything I might have done differently please let me know.

Teresa DItta/GM
Harper Woods, Michigan
Reviewed August 29, 2011

This was the second year in a row that I stayed at the Thunderbird with a group of friends. This outing has been going on for a few years the weekend before Labor Day and I have not been disappointed with my stay. Clean rooms, friendly staff, great price, and walking distance to the ferry (Arnold’s). Pool and hot tub and a great breakfast offered. The beds where new this year, but a little soft for my liking. That’s why i didn't give it the full 5 stars. If you’re on a budget you can't go wrong here.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank Don G
I am so glad you enjoyed your stay with us. I love hearing that our guests had a good vacation.
Reviewed August 29, 2011

Me and my boyfriend recently stayed here for 2 nights. The front desk people were very helpful in regards to the Island and the city. We would for sure stay here again. Did I mention free shuttle (on time) to ferry with coupons for $3 off per ferry ticket! Room was clean!! Booked room off expedia.com

Room Tip: Great stay and rates are cheap!
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank 846
I am thrilled to hear you took advantage of the free shuttle to the ferry lines it sounds like you had a great vacation in Mackinaw City and Island. We are glad to have been of service to you and your boyfriend. I hope we get the chance to do it again someday.

Teresa DItta/GM
Lansing
Reviewed August 22, 2011

My family and I recently stayed here due to the hotel we had reservations with had lost them. It turned out to be a very good thing. We were able to get a room very quickly, the staff let me see the room before we booked it which was very nice. Later in the evening we went to the breakfast area for a snack, (which they always have fresh fruit and coffee/tea available) my son wanted cereal, we went and asked the staff about milk whichi they went and got for us saying that she understood, her kids liked snacks late in the day as well. Everything that we needed they got for us with a posititve attitude. When I asked for extra towels and offered to come get them they brought them to me along with an extra blanket. Our last night there was cool and I wanted a hot chocolate, we went to the office and because a group had reserved the Breakfast house, the staff went and got me the hot chocolate. I cannot say enough good things about this hotel! Would stay again based on this experience!!
P.S. There was also a lot of bikers there during our stay, even that seemed like a bonus as they were all very friendly and respected others.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank Heather H
I am so happy to hear that my staff was so helpful for you. Customer service is one of our top priorities here and we strive to make everybody feel like family here. I hope we accomplished this with you and your family. We were glad to assist you.
amherst
Reviewed August 18, 2011

Room was clean and spacious, although the table/chair set seemed a little large for the space. Pool area was very nice, and the attached breakfast room was clean and bright. Standard included breakfast, although since there is staff to make hot waffles, brewed coffee would be nice instead of the machine :)
Front desk staff was super friendly and helpful.
Hotel is with-in walking distance of the "main drag" of the downtown tourist section but tucked on a quiet side street, no traffic noise.
Would stay again.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank AmherstCallie
Stanton, Michigan
Reviewed July 21, 2011

The room was very clean, the staff was extremely friendly and helpful. Have a free breakfast. The pool was great and our kids loved the outdoor playground. A great place that is a short distance from downtown Mackinaw City and the ferry boats to Mackinaw Island. Would definetely stay here again!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
TeresaGM, General Manager at Thunderbird Inn, responded to this review, August 11, 2011
We are thrilled to hear that you had such a great stay. That is always are goal. And we will continue in our efforts to assure every stay is wonderful. Teresa/GM