Ranked #3 of 39 Hotels in Mackinaw City
Chicagoland
“No WiFi”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2014

It's an older hotel, but it was clean. Hot breakfast is always welcome. TV was out for hours, but evidently an area wide outage, beyond BW's control. But WiFi access was awful, at least in my room. I had to go to the lobby or "business center" to connect. I told the front desk, but that just told me to try another access point? Inexcusable these days, I've never had a problem anywhere else I've stayed in many, many years.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank Craig J
Anna L, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Dockside Waterfront Inn, responded to this review, September 28, 2014
Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

If I can provide any assistance, please don't hesitate to contact me directly at 231-436-5001.

BEST WESTERN PLUS Dockside Waterfront Inn

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (166)
Dearborn, MI, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2014

We visit Mackinaw City every year for the past 8-10 years. We always stay at the Dockside Waterfront because of the pleasant staff, great location, and nice accommodations. We stay here in the summer and fall, and their quality is always consistent.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

If I can be of assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to contact me at 231-436-5001.

Lowden, IA
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2014

While the facility itself was just fine, the front desk staff was incompetent. They were rude and misbilled my card before I even checked in. When I made my reservation, I made it very clear that I would give them my card # to hold the room, but I would pay cash when I got there. When I checked in, they had already charged it to the card number. Prices quoted for tourism tickets were wrong. The guest book clearly stated that guests paid $43 for a ferry ticket, when the real price was $46.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Anna L, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Dockside Waterfront Inn, responded to this review, September 29, 2014

Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2014

This was a great hotel. Beautiful room, beach access on 1st floor, close to restaurants and ferries to Mackinac Island, nice bed and good pillows.The breakfast was very good and included in the price. A lot of drawer space and probably the largest TV we have had in a room. You couldn't hear the folks in the room next to you.

Room Tip: 1st floor is great with patio and direct beach access.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2014 via mobile

After driving 7 hours with a one year old, we were pleasantly surprised by our lake view suite with an additional living room. The room actually had an additional room with a door. Perfect for a pack n play and the younger sleepers. It's a no frills hotel, but it's clean, comfortable and perfect for families. The staff was helpful and little amenities like a guest laundry really helped us have a better stay due to last minute emergencies. We would definitely stay again.

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank ghostpepper

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2014

My husband and I visited Best Western in Mackinaw City in June 2014. We had a suite and it was located on the 4th floor with a lakeside view and balcony over looking Lake Michigan just beautiful! Our room was spacious and very clean and inviting. We heard no noise from anyone outside or in the next room we slept peacefully. I would recommend it to anyone. Check in staff were pleasant and helpful, is very important to me, people skills and communication are great qualities, first impression speak a lot about an establishment or a business. Thank you.

Room Tip: They let you just walk in and no prior booking necessary and very helpful. Recommend the lake side a...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Westerville, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2014 via mobile

This property has very clean rooms and is located in the heart of all the action. Very quiet room, comfortable bed and the black out shades made the room the darkest we've ever had at a hotel. We slept a long time! The only reason they didn't get a 5 rating is because the beach area was disappointing. Very dirty chairs, no upkeep.

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Comfort Inn Lakeside
Comfort Inn Lakeside
#16 of 39 in Mackinaw City
BEST WESTERN Harbour Pointe Lakefront

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Dockside Waterfront Inn? Share your experiences!