“Summer fun”

Best Western Plus Dockside Waterfront Inn
Ranked #3 of 40 Hotels in Mackinaw City
Reviewed July 28, 2013

Stayed on third floor beach front .Beautiful view and room was big and clean. Large screen TV and lots of room for storing our stuff. We enjoyed the beach, hot tub and indoor pool. We will stay here again

Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Anna L, General Manager at Best Western Plus Dockside Waterfront Inn, responded to this reviewResponded October 4, 2014

Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

If I can be of assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to contact me at 231-436-5001.

Reviewed July 27, 2013

Unfortunately, I am unable to recommend this hotel to anyone. First, our room keys would not work, had to get help with that, which seemed to irritate staff. Next, The air conditioner is very, very old, and had a horrible smell of mildew coming from it, the room was damp/musty. NOT good for anyone with allergies. The linens were clean, but the mattress itself had a smell coming from it.( We contemplated leaving in the middle of the night the smell was so atrocious.) We went down to the beachfront, and came upon someone walking the dog, and seems others have walked theirs on the beach as well, as there were several piles of dog excrement on the sand. I also removed two large broken chunks of glass bottle and put them aside so no one would step on them, as I almost did. A quick scan of the beach by a worker could easily spot/fix these issues, but I guess no one cares. Upon checking out as soon as we awoke, I told the staff and no one seemed very concerned about our miserable nights stay. We did run upstairs above carport to check out the breakfast area, and what they had to offer, but it seemed so messy and dirty, we just grabbed a cup of coffee and left. I would not stay here again even if I was offered a free nights stay. We payed an outrageous amount of money due to it being tourist season (which we were) but I would have rather paid double and stayed somewhere clean. I will never return. We checked into many hotels here before picking one by driving up and looking into them, and this looked to be the best of the 6- I would recommend staying on the UP side of the bridge, which we did the first night- MUCH CLEANER and much more friendly atmosphere.

Room Tip: Tip would be find somewhere else on the other side of the bridge to stay.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank olhababy

Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

If I can provide any assistance, please don't hesitate to contact me directly at 231-436-5001.

Reviewed July 27, 2013

The hotel had a great location, very close to shopping and the pier. The beach was very nice. The rooms were clean and comfortable. But, the front desk staff was very very rude. The rooms had access from the parking lot, which I don't like for safety reasons. The free breakfast was a nice perk and the hotel had a nice lake view.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends

Reviewed July 27, 2013

This hotel's desk needs public relations help. They woke us at 8:00 am to tell us we had to move. Not ask us -- they had put us in a room that was more expensive than our reservation and now needed us out as someone wanted our room at the higher rate even though we had booked it unseen for 2 nights and they had put us in it.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo

Reviewed July 25, 2013

We stayed at this Hotel from July 20th to 23rd. Made reservation June 10th and was quoted separate rates for each day. Asked for E-mail confirmation which didn't arrive. Rate quoted was same as on Internet with AAA discount. When checking out the rate was fixed for each night and ended up higher than quoted. I was supposed to receive a phone call from the Hotel about the discrepancy on the 23rd but none was received. Sent an E-mail which also was not responded to.
Called the Hotel and because I couldn't prove what was quoted I was out of luck. Lesson learned.
Make sure you protect yourself when dealing with this Hotel. We will not be staying there again.

5  Thank donetconsult

Reviewed July 23, 2013

The staff upon check in where very helpfull, they offered information about what was going on for the weekend in the area and where very helpful with the brochures and savings coupons for some of the attractions we where going to see. The location of this hotel is a quick walk to downtown and located right next to the city park that has lots of weekly attractions. We will definently stay here again.

1  Thank Michael B

Reviewed July 22, 2013

Wonderful clean Hotel with beautiful lake views. Easy access to main land attractions and ferry to Mackinac Island. Breakfast was good not above average but still good. Housekeeping deserves a Gold Star. Front desk check in clerks could be a little more freindly but they are busy. I think the only complaint I would have is the abruptness of the check in staff, but I see that almost everywhere I stay.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Mackinaw City
Comfort Inn Lakeside
#12 of 40 in Mackinaw City
7 mi away
Best Western Harbour Pointe Lakefront

Been to Best Western Plus Dockside Waterfront Inn? Share your experiences!