“View and Location - Great Combo!”

Best Western Plus Dockside Waterfront Inn
Ranked #3 of 39 Hotels in Mackinaw City
Shelby Township
“View and Location - Great Combo!”
Reviewed July 5, 2013

It’s hard to decide where to stay in Mackinaw City when it’s one hotel next to another. So this time we picked the Best Western Dockside and were not disappointed! We were in the area for the Lilac Festival on the island so wanted to stay at a place with a water view. And what a view it was! Our room (very large, very well appointed, and very clean) had a wonderful balcony overlooking the lake. Very serene. Each night we enjoyed some wine and cheese while enjoying the view. This hotel is “on the strip” (meaning hotel row) but is the closest to downtown. SO… you are within walking distance to everything. And there is a complementary full breakfast buffet each morning. The staff was super friendly and helpful so all in all, I would highly recommend the BWD while staying in Mackinaw City.

Room Tip: Be sure to get a balcony room overlooking the lake. It's WORTH it!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank hudsonbob
Anna L, General Manager at Best Western Plus Dockside Waterfront Inn, responded to this review, October 4, 2014
Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

If I can be of assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to contact me at 231-436-5001.

BEST WESTERN PLUS Dockside Waterfront Inn

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (189)
Michigan
Reviewed July 4, 2013

I was expecting better, but didn't get it. The location is very good, and is close to just about everything in the city. When I first entered the room, there were about 60 or 70 small Mayflies in the room. It was the end of the Mayfly season, and I'm not sure why the housekeeping staff did not vacuum those up before they released the room to us. We called the front desk, and one of the staff came to the room and vacuumed the the Mayflies up. Our room was a beachfront room, and the view was worth the $20.00 price premium. The room's furniture is semi-old and could use an update. The free breakfast was very basic, so we skipped it and ate breakfast across the street. It was just an average stay, and I would probably look into staying at another place next time.

Room Tip: Beachfront room was a great view, and was worth the $20.00 premium.
Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

If I can provide any assistance, please don't hesitate to contact me directly at 231-436-5001.

Somerville, Massachusetts
Reviewed July 2, 2013

This is a great property right on the beach, within walking distance of lots of little shops and restaurants, and also the ferries. It has its own beach -- the ground floor rooms in the back walk right out onto the beach, which was great. The breakfast room was also very nice -- on the 3rd floor overlooking the town. This is a _huge_ hotel, and the public areas can get quite loud, but my door did a good job of blocking out the sound -- there was a broken vending machine in the hallway that was beeping constantly, but I couldn't hear it once I shut my door, although I could hear the TV from the next room over, but they went to bed at a reasonable time. The room was well appointed, with a fridge, large TV, table and chairs, and the beds were fine.

It's about a 5 minute walk up the street to the shopping areas, and 5 minutes down the street to Star Line. There are a large number of hotels and restaurants next door or across the street, and even more a few minutes away, so there are plenty of places to choose from for food.

Room Tip: The rear building is actually at beach level, so the ground floor rooms are down a ramp, but the fro...
Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Jon9769

belle vernon, pa
Reviewed July 1, 2013

My daughter and I stayed at the Dockside Best Western June 2 - June 6. The weather wasn't as warm as we had hoped but the Dockside was everything we had hoped for and more. The room was clean and pleasant...we actually needed heat a couple of nights. The price was right. The food offered in the breakfast room was plentiful and there was quite a variety and it tasted good too.
The staff was very helpful...especially since the "fitness room" was not easy for me to find, but it did offer a way to work out. I would definitely recommend the Dockside Best Western in Mackinaw City and go back there myself.

(There is no restaurant located in the Dockside).

Room Tip: We were in room 408, center on the top floor. It was grand and because of the abundance of "pe...

Venice, Florida
Reviewed June 29, 2013

We stayed for two nights Reasonable breakfast served in a nice spacious room. Our room was musty and warm because they were running a dehumidifier. Huge flat screen, small fridge were nice. Not three star but adequate and clean.

Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed June 25, 2013

My wife and I visited the Mackinaw area for the first time. The Best Western was conviently located. We had a nice view of Lake Huron. The room was clean and well kept. The breakfast was very good. The staff friendly.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Anoka, Minnesota, Usa
Reviewed June 24, 2013

The staff members were very friendly and helpful. Great location.....we were able to walk to restaurants, shops and the ferry. The room was nice and the bathroom was clean (a very important item for me!)

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Best Western Harbour Pointe Lakefront
Comfort Inn Lakeside
Comfort Inn Lakeside
#13 of 39 in Mackinaw City

Been to Best Western Plus Dockside Waterfront Inn? Share your experiences!