“Great location and very good room”

Best Western Plus Dockside Waterfront Inn
Ranked #3 of 39 Hotels in Mackinaw City
Reviewed November 5, 2012

We have stayed in this motel a couple times and have had clean, well-appointed, very attractive rooms. We particularly enjoy the side facing Lake Huron with a beautiful sun rising view and beach. The free breakfast is way above average and located in a very comfortable room. I agree with Chris S's comments about the front office staff.

Room Tip: The lakeview rooms were worth the extra cost to us.
Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Anna L, General Manager at Best Western Plus Dockside Waterfront Inn, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2014

Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

If I can be of assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to contact me at 231-436-5001.

There are newer reviews for Best Western Plus Dockside Waterfront Inn

Reviewed October 27, 2012

Older hotel in a good location. Didn't like having to walk outside to get to other areas of the hotel like the indoor pool (freezing return trip) and for breakfast. Fabulous views of Lake Huron if you book a lakeview room. Nice beach area too!

• Stayed: September 2012
1  Thank TravelGirl003801

Reviewed October 17, 2012

We found the rooms to be very spacious, clean and well laid out. Excellent large screen TV, refrigerator, and the normal (coffe maker, hair dryer, iron, etc) The rates were very good for a resort area. The location is great and you can walk almost anywhere in town. Fantastic breakfast buffet. I would recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a reasonable place to stay.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Mike L

Reviewed October 16, 2012

The hotel was very clean, the rooms were very clean and large. The front desk staff weren't the freindliest people around but I had very little need to converse with them so it was all good. I would recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Used the lakefront King. Very nice room in comparision to others on the strip.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed October 14, 2012

this hotel is a really nice place to stay. there were 3 of us ladies traveling the 1st week of October and I couldn't believe how readsonable the room was! room was just gorgeous and had 2 flat screen TVs, refridgerator, huge clean bathroom with 2 entries. the suite itself had 2 queen beds, queen sofa bed, and recliner. stayed for 2 nights - would have liked to stay longer.
the pool looked real inviting & the hotel staff was real friendly.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank mariwal_10

Reviewed October 10, 2012

I tried to cancel my reservation, but was shocked when the 72 hours cancellation period is counted by noon of every day, not the check-in start time of every day. The lady over the phone at the hotel did not tell me about the noon when I made reservation.

The manager on the duty insisted on the policy and I could not cancel the room because I called 2 hours later than the 'noon' deadline.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank HenryInMichigan

Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

If I can provide any assistance, please don't hesitate to contact me directly at 231-436-5001.

Reviewed September 24, 2012

But it had a few issues, starting with the desk staff. It was like pulling teeth to get information out of them, they're not the friendliest people there.
Some of the hallways and elevator lobby are rather dark.
The room was good, clean. And so was the bathroom. Some of the rooms have the old "hose" style hairdryers. I hadn't seen those since some of the older hotel rooms in Europe!
Overall, a great place to stay if you're in the area for a couple of days.

Room Tip: Get a higher floor and ask for a great view of the bridge.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family

Best Western Harbour Pointe Lakefront
Comfort Inn Lakeside
Comfort Inn Lakeside
#13 of 39 in Mackinaw City

Been to Best Western Plus Dockside Waterfront Inn? Share your experiences!