“Great place to stay”

Best Western Plus Dockside Waterfront Inn
Ranked #3 of 39 Hotels in Mackinaw City
Reviewed October 16, 2012

The hotel was very clean, the rooms were very clean and large. The front desk staff weren't the freindliest people around but I had very little need to converse with them so it was all good. I would recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Used the lakefront King. Very nice room in comparision to others on the strip.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Anna L, General Manager at Best Western Plus Dockside Waterfront Inn, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2014

Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

If I can be of assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to contact me at 231-436-5001.

There are newer reviews for Best Western Plus Dockside Waterfront Inn

Reviewed October 14, 2012

this hotel is a really nice place to stay. there were 3 of us ladies traveling the 1st week of October and I couldn't believe how readsonable the room was! room was just gorgeous and had 2 flat screen TVs, refridgerator, huge clean bathroom with 2 entries. the suite itself had 2 queen beds, queen sofa bed, and recliner. stayed for 2 nights - would have liked to stay longer.
the pool looked real inviting & the hotel staff was real friendly.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank mariwal_10

Reviewed October 10, 2012

I tried to cancel my reservation, but was shocked when the 72 hours cancellation period is counted by noon of every day, not the check-in start time of every day. The lady over the phone at the hotel did not tell me about the noon when I made reservation.

The manager on the duty insisted on the policy and I could not cancel the room because I called 2 hours later than the 'noon' deadline.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank HenryInMichigan

Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

If I can provide any assistance, please don't hesitate to contact me directly at 231-436-5001.

Reviewed September 24, 2012

But it had a few issues, starting with the desk staff. It was like pulling teeth to get information out of them, they're not the friendliest people there.
Some of the hallways and elevator lobby are rather dark.
The room was good, clean. And so was the bathroom. Some of the rooms have the old "hose" style hairdryers. I hadn't seen those since some of the older hotel rooms in Europe!
Overall, a great place to stay if you're in the area for a couple of days.

Room Tip: Get a higher floor and ask for a great view of the bridge.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Dian6

Reviewed September 24, 2012

Right on the beach so ask for a sea view! Large, comfortable well fitted rooms. A decent breakfast although not amazing. Great indoor pool that we always seemed to have to ourselves!
Handy for the ferries to the island and to a myriad of local restaurants. Only disappointment was the fact that the staff were a little humourless!

Room Tip: Ask for a sea view.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Anna L, General Manager at Best Western Plus Dockside Waterfront Inn, responded to this reviewResponded October 19, 2014

Reviewed September 22, 2012

Stayed here for business. I didn't care for my room overlooking the parking lot with a walkway outside my door that allows people walking by to shake the floor and look directly into my room. So it was either sit with the curtain drawn in the middle of the afternoon or have people looking in as they walked by. Cleaning staff constantly yelling to each other across the parking lot and from the upper walkways.
That said, it was probably average for Mackinaw when you pay about $100/night in the summer.

Room Tip: The rooms on the waterside are worth the extra money. Ground floor rooms where you can walk directly...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
Anna L, General Manager at Best Western Plus Dockside Waterfront Inn, responded to this reviewResponded October 25, 2014

Reviewed September 21, 2012

Stay of 8-12-13-2012, Mackinaw City, MI

Two Nights Stay without reservations. Very nice and clean Top Floor two Queen Bed Room with Couch. Stay here about ten years ago – room looks like recently remodeled. Private Balcony with two chairs and table overlooking the lake. Very peaceful – private beach below – can watch the boats coming and going to Mackinac Island.

Can walk to Shelpers Boat Dock (they take you to Mackinac Island). Hotel has free pick up and drop off service. Downtown Mackinaw is also walkable from this hotel.

Beds were comfortable with more than enough variety of linens and pillows. Ceiling fan over the beds – nice. Air conditioning also works well.

One item that needs improvement – the outer door is hard to shut – you need to slam to close and lock.

I must complement – Judith of the housekeeping staff – she did any excellent job of cleaning room each day. Always very friendly.

Breakfast is served each day in a separate large room overlooking the city and lake. Wonderful selection of both hot and cold foods – Fresh fruit selection, waffle maker, scrambled eggs, sausage, breads, etc. Attendants keep tables clean and food area full.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Best Western Harbour Pointe Lakefront
Comfort Inn Lakeside
Comfort Inn Lakeside
#12 of 39 in Mackinaw City

Been to Best Western Plus Dockside Waterfront Inn? Share your experiences!