“good place to stay”

Ranked #3 of 39 Hotels in Mackinaw City
ann arbor
“good place to stay”
Reviewed June 28, 2012

NIce hotel, kept up well. Really clean, they even disinfect the tv remotes. Parking can be tight when they are full. Easy walking distance around town. Breakfast they serve is just okay. Would like to see yogart, and more fruit.

Room Tip: MAke sure you get a water side room.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
, General Manager at Best Western Plus Dockside Waterfront Inn, responded to this review, July 5, 2012

Your feedback is very much appreciated and I can assure you that my staff and I use this information to do everything possible to create an enjoyable experience for each of our guests. We hope to see you again.

If we can be of assistance in the future, don't hesitate to contact us at 231-436-5001.

Best Western Dockside Waterfront Inn

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (197)
Detroit, Michigan
Reviewed June 18, 2012

Stayed for a night. Nothing spectacular, but not bad either. The room was comfortable as was the bed. Front desk gave us a deal on a two bed room for the price of a single, as they were out of other rooms.

Very nice view of the lake and the coast guard ship museum. Walkable distance to downtown as well as to Shepler's Ferry Dock. Only bad about the room was that one part of the ceiling appeared to need to be repaired. Also, the parking lot was nearly full at one point and we got the last spot.

Not spectacular, but not bad. I would recommend it and stay here again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple

Madison, WI
Reviewed June 18, 2012

Our room had a damp smell to it, the bathroom had mold all over and the deck was VERY small. I would never stay at this hotel again. I called the front desk numerous times to switch rooms because of the mold and a manager never called back. The breakfast was awful and the staff wasn't friendly...in fact they were more concerned about if you were a guest than treating you as a guest.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank TrvlMom25
APOLOGY

Again, I apologize for the inconvenience during your stay and hope to see you during your next visit.

If I can provide any assistance, don't hesitate to contact me directly at 231-436-5001.

Battle Creek, Michigan
Reviewed June 16, 2012

This is a good motel with clean rooms and friendly staff. super comfortable beds.friendly stff. have stayed here several times. walking distance to downtown dn many resturants,shops.

Room Tip: large 25 ft breakfast buffet is on the third floor- hot waffles free!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Anna L, General Manager at Best Western Plus Dockside Waterfront Inn, responded to this review, October 1, 2014
Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

If I can be of assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to contact me at 231-436-5001.

Anna Lieghio
BEST WESTERN PLUS Dockside Waterfront Inn
Michigan
Reviewed June 14, 2012

I booked online via 3rd party the morning of the stay and caught a fantastic $99 AARP rate for lakeside - probably a vacancy they were eager to fill. The published rates north of $150 appear more in line with this type of lodging during peak season. Mackinaw City is a hub of activity in the summer. That said, this is a peaceful and attractively laid out complex. Only a 15 minute stroll to the charming business district or any of the 3 ferries to the island. Beach is wide and long, but had some small stones mixed with sand and just a few larger ones under water near shore as you wade out on the sandy bottom. The lone pool looked small and I did not try it out. Rooms appear upscale - among the nicest I've seen, with very comfortable beds. Agree with another that under the surface you get the feeling construction is on the cheap side. Staff was fantastic from start to finish. Enjoyed the varied foods at the continental - especially the do it yourself waffle maker. One issue is that the sole elevator is near the lobby. It's a big complex, so should your room be on the far end, expect to do some climbing. I got a good workout going and coming to my 4th floor room - too stubborn to walk all the way to elevator. Lake view is splendid, though mine seemed a bit narrow. Nice view of two large ships docked nearby and the ferries running to and from the island. Couldn't see the bridge from my angle. Overall, highly recommend hotel - but the published rates look a bit steep.

Room Tip: Be aware there are four floors and the elevator is quite far from some rooms. Didn't much bother...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled solo

Rochdale, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 13, 2012

Our room overlooked the lake. It was a great room, clean and comfortable bed. As said previously breakfast was the only drawback.
We were lucky to be able to watch the fireworks from our balcony.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple

Niles, Michigan
Reviewed June 11, 2012

We stayed at this hotel for one night we had no service related issues. Rooms were clean and continental breakfast had multiple choices. The location was very convent.

• Stayed June 2012

Best Western Harbour Pointe Lakefront
Comfort Inn Lakeside
Comfort Inn Lakeside
#12 of 39 in Mackinaw City

Been to Best Western Plus Dockside Waterfront Inn? Share your experiences!