Best Western Plus Dockside Waterfront Inn
Comfort Inn Lakeside(Mackinaw City)
$76
Mackinaw Beach and Bay - Inn & Suites(Mackinaw City)(Great Value!)
$85
Baymont Inn & Suites Mackinaw City(Mackinaw City)(Great Value!)
$61
$77
Hotels.com
Thunderbird Inn(Mackinaw City)
$62
Riviera Motel(Mackinaw City)(Great Value!)
$65
$60
Rainbow Motel(Mackinaw City)
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsmackinac islandroom was cleanwithin walking distancesausagebreakfast barfirst floorlakeside roomwafflesprivate beachlocation was perfectlake viewgreat place to staygreat roomtwo queen bedsclose to downtownindoor pooldefinitely stay here again
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 13, 2011

We stayed for 2 nights. Our room was clean and the view from our 4th floor balcony was decent. You do have a lot of public parking lot in the view to the left. The staff was always polite, but we didn't get the feeling that they really cared whether our stay was good or not. To access the indoor swimming pool, you must use the outside walkways. This would not be a problem in warm weather, but our stay was cold and rainy. We really didn't want to make the long trip back to our room after we had been in the pool.
You get quite a bit of noise from the walkways outside your room (kids running and yelling from one end of the walkway to the other).
I really don't recommend this property because it is quite expensive and I feel that there are better places to stay in Mackinaw City for the money.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 2, 2011

The location is great for shopping, eating and for the ferries. My husband, son and I booked an ocean view room. On the first floor you walk right out on to the beach the room was in good condition. Except the bathtub stopper did not work, not a problem it you are just showering. I would NOT advise the "court yard view" which looks out on the parking lot like a motel. My in-laws stayed in one of those rooms and had to deal with a noisy and full dehumidifier and the room was very dark. The breakfast was OK, a pretty good variety and the dinning area is large, bright and is actually the bridge over the parking entrance so you can see the lake. The staff was not rude but not the greatest either they all seemed to be foriegn maybe that is just there manner but it could be improved.

Room Tip: Pay for ocean view room or book elsewhere
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank dragonflower777
Reviewed January 6, 2011

We stayed here in July of 2010. The hotel is on the water and located within walking distance to everything in Mackinaw City. The indoor pool is nice (a little noisy) but the kids had fun. Free wifi in the rooms is a bonus. We had a nice time there and went to the Tequamenon falls and to White fish point in the UP one day. The boys about killed me the day we went to Mackinac Island riding bikes but it is an easy way to get around without being on a time schedule. The island is beautiful. I was a little surprised at the price to get over to the island it was pretty steep but worth it. We were within walking distance to the ferry so that was a plus.

Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed November 18, 2010

My husband and I took a trip to Mackinaw to visit some friends and see the city. Being our first trip there and so far away, we researched the hotels online and chose to stay at the Best Western Dockside. We liked that it was close to downtown and that we would be able to just walk everywhere. The hotel was perfect! We both LOVED the view from our room and how great the room itself was. I enjoyed the gorgeous beach. The breakfast bar as well as the coupons they gave us saved a quite a bit of money on the food expenses during our stay. If we ever return to Mackinaw City, we will definitely visit the Best Western again!

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank mrs051609
Reviewed November 12, 2010

I took a trip to Mackinaw in May to visit a friend and she told me that I should make a reservation at the Best Western. I hestiant to do so because it looked to be out of my price range online. But, much to my surprise it was still considered out of season and the rates were very reasonable.

When I arrived at the hotel, the staff was warm and welcoming and offered me an upgrade for just a small fee, I decided to go ahead and take it. The room exceeded my expectations, it was clean, the beds were so comfortable and the view was breathtaking. Breakfast in the morning also exceeded my expectations. Rather than just having the contential breakfast that most hotels have, they had a full breakfast including hot foods (the waffles were my favorite)!

I thoroughly enjoyed my stay and will be returning to the Best Western the next time I am in Mackinaw!

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple